Traveling outside the US with 2 passports and double citizenship as a green card holder

marth_

I recently obtained my green card and am planning a trip to Spain. I am originally from Venezuela and my Venezuelan passport has expired, but I also possess a valid Spanish passport. I would like to inquire whether I might encounter any issues if I were to show my expired Venezuelan passport along with my green card, or if it would be advisable to use my Spanish passport, which indicates my country of origin as Venezuela.

Additionally, I'm aware that Venezuelan expired passports are valid for up to five years after their expiration date, which applies to my case. However, I would like to confirm if there are any additional requirements associated with this. Furthermore, for my European entry, I will be using my Spanish passport.

I would like to inquire whether I might encounter any issues if I were to show my expired Venezuelan passport along with my green card, or if it would be advisable to use my Spanish passport, which indicates my country of origin as Venezuela.
Show your expired Venezuelan passport to whom?

To whoever in the airport asks for it when leaving and re-entering the US
Well, for leaving, the US doesn't have exit controls, and the airline only cares about your ability to enter the destination country. So as long as your Spanish passport can enter the destination country.

For entering the US, the US doesn't require green card holders to have a passport at all. Airlines are not required to require a passport for green card holders traveling to the US. If the airline does choose to require a passport, any passport should do.

What newacct said. Use your Spanish passport and GC. Shouldn't be a problem. Take your expired Venezuelan passport anyway, just for the sake of it.