Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

Thank you guys for all your inputs.... I will just try to send papers and we will see, I hope that I will get it....
I'm waiting for my interview already 4 month, because I'm not in a area where they have their office I have to wait for officer to come here in a field office.

murka,

You can apply for AP , i did mine in june 2004 and Got a letter from them to come into local office to pick my decision which was dec 6 2004. It is 8.5 X 11 paper size which you photo on it saying "Authorization for parole of an alien into United States"
It has your name, Alien#, Address, Date of Birth, Place of Birth and in the middle part it says " SINGLE ENTRY" They issued it nov 2004 and it says i must return back into USA prior to Jan 2005.

My reason for AP was to attend a spiritual workshop.

murka,

You can apply for AP , i did mine in june 2004 and Got a letter from them to come into local office to pick my decision which was dec 6 2004. It is 8.5 X 11 paper size which you photo on it saying "Authorization for parole of an alien into United States"
It has your name, Alien#, Address, Date of Birth, Place of Birth and in the middle part it says " SINGLE ENTRY" They issued it nov 2004 and it says i must return back into USA prior to Jan 2005.

My reason for AP was to attend a spiritual workshop.

Did you have interview before your applied?

Last edited by a moderator:
No i did not have my asylum interview as of yet it came up in April 2005 but i was asked to come to asylum interview before and i did not show up. I am sure you will be fine if you have a strong reason for AP.

Murka.khj,
I see you mentioned earlier that you have to wait for the asylum officer to come to your field for your interview. Did you know that you can request an interview to the district office where you filed your case instead of waiting if you choose to?
I almost did that through my lawyer but fortunately before we made a request I was called for the interview, I hope this can still be done today because that was back in '03.
Good luck and sorry for your bro.

Hey guys I was reading again in internet a lot of staff and this is what I found

"Caution
Due to recent changes to U.S. immigration law, travel outside of the United States may have severe consequences for aliens who are in the process of adjusting their status, extending their nonimmigrant stay, or changing their nonimmigrant status. Upon return, these aliens may be found inadmissible, their applications may be denied, or both. It is important that the alien obtain the proper documentation before leaving the U.S.

Admission into the U.S. is not guaranteed. In all cases, the alien is still subject to immigration inspection at a port of entry to determine whether the alien is admissible into the country."

Admission into the U.S. is not guaranteed, is it mean if I will have AP and will leave contry they can not let me in back????

Guys I need any inputs please

Question - about: do we (LPR) need a visa stamp on National Passport?

My question concerns entering back in the U.S.

Hi,

I am a LPR who got my national passport (NP) renewed in California after I got my green card, in the fall of 2006. I am traveling abroad soon. My question is: do I need a visa stamp from US Immigration on my NP? I mean, I have my Green Card and NP, are those 2 enough without a visa on my passport? This is the first time I am traveling out of the country on my NP

My question concerns entering back in the U.S.

Hi,

I am a LPR who got my national passport (NP) renewed in California after I got my green card, in the fall of 2006. I am traveling abroad soon. My question is: do I need a visa stamp from US Immigration on my NP? I mean, I have my Green Card and NP, are those 2 enough without a visa on my passport? This is the first time I am traveling out of the country on my NP

We only care about your green card. We need to see a green card or DHS travel document before letting you back into the country.

We only care about your green card. We need to see a green card or DHS travel document before letting you back into the country.

Originally Posted by henri97
Hi,

My main question is: we don't have to have a stamp on National Passport, right? on arrival, GC + NP (without uscis immigrant visa stamp) should be enough, right?

My main question is: we don't have to have a stamp on National Passport, right? on arrival, GC + NP (without uscis immigrant visa stamp) should be enough, right?

USCIS immigrant visa stamp?

I still do not understand what you are asking. When you enter the US they scan your green card and if you have a travel document (a national passport) with you the officer has the right to examine that document too.

Why would you care where/if they stamp? What are you really trying to do? Let me know and I will try to be more helpful.

maybe in the past.... a stamp was used

USCIS immigrant visa stamp?

I still do not understand what you are asking. When you enter the US they scan your green card and if you have a travel document (a national passport) with you the officer has the right to examine that document too.

Why would you care where/if they stamp? What are you really trying to do? Let me know and I will try to be more helpful.

I remember seeing my cousin's passport (more than 10 years ago) it had stamp on it. She was permanent resident already and it was written on stamp that she was permanent resident. The reason I asked is because I thought i had to get such stamp before going. But apparently I don't right?

Thanks for replying before by the way

NO name calling please.

A fake asylum application no doubt.

Each person's story is unique. Though (per legal advice) in general passports should not be renewed and the US government has questioned people for that.

I remember seeing my cousin's passport (more than 10 years ago) it had stamp on it. She was permanent resident already and it was written on stamp that she was permanent resident. The reason I asked is because I thought i had to get such stamp before going. But apparently I don't right?

Thanks for replying before by the way

OK. You mean do you need (before you leave the USA) the USCIS to make a notation on your passport that you are a legal resident of the United States? The answer is a no. DHS does not care if you have a passport issued by the Pope. :) They issued you the green card and they know darn well who you are (they full your full biometrics on file:):)).

Your green card by itself entitles you to entry into the United States.

Once upon a time, when the production of green cards was not that efficient (yes uscis has come a long way) people needed to wait for up to one year to receive a plastic card AFTER they were approved. So the INS came up with a system to give people temporary evidence of green card status (after all people needed to work and to travel). One thing they did was to place a red ADIT stamp in the person's passport. Another way was a special I-94 with the person's picture on it (if you had no passport like most asylees). The stamp or the I-94 was considered to be the full equivalent of a green card. It became useless when the actual green card was received.

I think that was the stamp you saw. It was basically a temporary green card.

Even today when someone immigrates to the United States (after overseas approval) and enters a port of entry for the first time, the CIS places a stamp on their passport to serve as a temporary green card (or issue an I-94 if they are passportless).