Traveling on ead/advance parole while in valid tn

sabih

Registered Users (C)
Just wanted to know the procedure of traveling to canada and back while being on a valid tn and having an approved ead/AP (with pending i140 & i485). Am I suppose to show them the tn on my passport or should I take it out of the passport and show AP with an empty passport instead? If not, how should justify them the pending gc application while being on a single intent status like tn?

Once you leave US, you will NEVER be able to re-enter on TN, thus you show them AP, and you show your employer your EAD, as that will be your ONLY valid work status.

That was the whole point of getting AP/EAD.

Thanks nelsona! My wife will be going back an forth to Canada alone. What should be her response about her status while entering in Canada and coming back to US? She has an approved EAD/AP as well as a valid TD. I understand in US she should present her AP but should she also do the same to the Canadian immigration officer? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Her TD status is just as invalid for entry as your TN. Her status is "adjustee", as she is awaiting adjustment of status.

Both borders understand this terminology.

Forget TD and TN at ths point. You are both adjustees.