Traveling after N-400 was submitted?

airfan

Hello,

I just submitted my N-400 two weeks ago and plan on traveling to Canada soon for a weekend trip. Is this allowed? Do I need to report this travel to the agency/update my submitted application? Please help!

Thank you

I just submitted my N-400 two weeks ago and plan on traveling to Canada soon for a weekend trip. Is this allowed? Do I need to report this travel to the agency/update my submitted application? Please help!

Travel is allowed - your life can not be on hold while they process N400. No need to report NOW. Only time you should update the travel information is during your interview - you can submit a revised sheet showing your travel and explain the difference.

No need to worry! I travelled twice after submitting N-400. They will ask you during interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is allowed. If travel is after N-400 submission and before the interview, update at the itnerview. If after the interview, update on your N-455 form at the oath cermony.

I just submitted my N-400 two weeks ago and plan on traveling to Canada soon for a weekend trip. Is this allowed?

You do realize that the advice was given to the original poster (OP) based on his/her scenario and it may not extrapolate to a summer trip - which if it is a weekend might work fine, but if it is a 2 month trip might mean something different.

You do realize that the advice was given to the original poster (OP) based on his/her scenario and it may not extrapolate to a summer trip - which if it is a weekend might work fine, but if it is a 2 month trip might mean something different.

It is a one week trip out of country. If it will cause a problem, then I can cencel my flight ticket.
Please advise.