Travel

vm1214

Can I take visitor visa after submitting OCI application in case my wife have to travel before the OCI application is approved and stamped?

Thanks
Ven

has anyone done this? I have heard conflicting opinions about this. Some say you can, and some say they won't grant you a visitor visa while OCI is pending.

G

For them to deny it. It would require way too much co-ordination. When it take about a month to acknowledge the application, how do you think they would enforce this.

help with indian visa

you heard it wrong and I got visa approved for my wife while OCI is pending (and still pending)

Hi Bostoncool,

We've applied for OCI way back in april and it shows that our apps. have been finally acknowledged on may 14th.I need to travel to India on June 4th.Please guide me thru the process of applying for a visitors visa.I'm very confused about the process.I need to stay in india until august 8th.I have 3 full tickets booked and if I have to alter the travel dates it would be financially a total loss

thanks

Hi Bostoncool,

We've applied for OCI way back in april and it shows that our apps. have been finally acknowledged on may 14th.I need to travel to India on June 4th.Please guide me thru the process of applying for a visitors visa.I'm very confused about the process.I need to stay in india until august 8th.I have 3 full tickets booked and if I have to alter the travel dates it would be financially a total loss

thanks

you have to apply Entry(X) visa through
Travisa India Outsourcing
316 East 53rd Street,2nd Floor
New York,NY 10022
Go to Travisa Site for India Visa fill up online Application form. The fees is Total $133 for Visa+ Shipping Charge+ you have to send Form to surrender certificate and pay $175 to “consulate General of India New York” they will get you Visa and surrender certificate.

Aren't you supposed to send the Indian PP (originals) while applying for visa? How would you go about that when the Indian PP is already with the embassy for OCI?
chola

Hi Bostoncool,

thanks

Only option for you is Entry visa as OCI will take time to process
again entry visa requires the surrender certificate
Please email/mail your itinerary explaining your situation and they will try to speed up the process
I 'am also planning to travel on june 4th and since my OCI is final process (I already emailed my passport for affixing OCI stamp) and did the same explaining my situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't you supposed to send the Indian PP (originals) while applying for visa?
-------------- Yes Indian PP (originals)+US passport are sent to Travisa. if your Indian PP is with Embassy then get theIndian passport cancelled by Embassy and Surrender certificate. if you have Surrender certificate then no need of Indian passport to Travisa and can send Copy of Surrender certificate. you can talk to Travisa for more info.
How would you go about that when the Indian PP is already with the embassy for OCI?
--read above
chola
----------

If I apply for OCI and cancellation of Indian PP at the same time, how would I have my surrender certificate & Indian PP with me? I would assume, they would mail the Indian PP & surrender certificate along with the OCI, right?

or should I cancel the Indian PP first, get the surrender certificate and then mail the OCI package?
chola

If I apply for OCI and cancellation of Indian PP at the same time, how would I have my surrender certificate & Indian PP with me? I would assume, they would mail the Indian PP & surrender certificate along with the OCI, right?

or should I cancel the Indian PP first, get the surrender certificate and then mail the OCI package?
chola

Surrender Certificate is the prerequisite and you have to apply and get it first before applying for visa or OCI for smoother and easy process - otherwise babus may reject the whole package and you may loose precious weeks

Surrender Certificate is the prerequisite and you have to apply and get it first before applying for visa or OCI for smoother and easy process - otherwise babus may reject the whole package and you may loose precious weeks
With Travisa one CAN apply for Visa and Surrender Certificate at same time. Travisa has form on the site those who want apply Entry(X)visa

If you read the post of the guy that has recd his package back, all they are asking for is the $175 for cancelling the PP, which leads me to believe they want to process cancellation before issuing the OCI. Now whether that needs to happen first as a separate process or if it can be combined with the OCI application - nobody knows.