Travel while I751 is pending

kilka

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if you can travel while your I 751 is pending, My GC is set to expire in Mid May and i am due to travel to europe in late may with my new baby, I have applied for the I 751.:confused:

Travel with expired green card and extension letter and you'll be ok.
Don't forget to get a US passport for the baby first though.

Thank you,
How do i get the letter?
Already applied for the little mans passport should get it soon.

Thank you,
How do i get the letter?
Already applied for the little mans passport should get it soon.

When did you apply?
Usually you get the extension letter within 10 days.
If you don't get the letter anytime soon, just schedule an infopass before your trip and have your passport stamped with a 1-yr extension.

Im in the same situation, I got my extension letter and I already had my fingerprints taken, so if i travel around with an expired gc and this letter i should be ok? has anyone done that before?.

Thanks.

Im in the same situation, I got my extension letter and I already had my fingerprints taken, so if i travel around with an expired gc and this letter i should be ok? has anyone done that before?.

Thanks.

As long as you got the extension letter and you are done with your fingerprints you will be fine to travel. Make sure to bring with you the extension letter, your expired green card and also the fingerprints letter.

No need for the FP letter.
Expired GC and extension letter would do.
Also, if your trip is not long, don't worry too much about getting fingerprinted. They usually give a 2-3 week notice.
If you already have the notice you could walk in before. And even if you miss the appointment you can go on a certain day (I think it was wednesday) of the week for several weeks after.

Some people had experimented hard time at the airport with the argument that they didnt do the fingerprints. That's why i said to bring with you the fingerprint letter, so you can show them that you are done with that.

I have an expired Green Card and expired Vietnam passport. I am a permanent resident of the US. What do I need to do to travel to study outside the country?