• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Travel To Us After Getting Immigrant Visa

AntonLou

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I need your suggestion/input about I willl travel to US for business purpose. I have Immigrant Visa and valid till August 2008, but I am not the primary applicant. My question is should I apply for non-immigrant visa for this purpose?
My wife and I will travel to US in August 2008, meanwhile I have to travel to US for business purpose in July 2008.
thank you so much

hi All,
I Need Your Suggestion/input About I Willl Travel To Us For Business Purpose. I Have Immigrant Visa And Valid Till August 2008, But I Am Not The Primary Applicant. My Question Is Should I Apply For Non-immigrant Visa For This Purpose?
My Wife And I Will Travel To Us In August 2008, Meanwhile I Have To Travel To Us For Business Purpose In July 2008.
Thank You So Much

U Will Not Be Allowed Into The Country As A Non Immigrant When U Have Immigrant Visa On Ur Passport

Johnkent,
so what should I do? am I eligible for apply non-immigrant visa? because I will go to US and be back to my country and with my wife to go to US with immigrant visa.
thank you!

You are not allowed to have more than one visa. Why don't you just travel on your immigrant visa and make that your activation trip?

You can have more than one visa. You can even obtain a non-immigrant visa after you got an immigrant visa. However, that is very unlikely you will be able to prove nonimmigrant intent. All you need to prove is you will return from the nonimmigrant trip in time.

You can have more than one visa. You can even obtain a non-immigrant visa after you got an immigrant visa. However, that is very unlikely you will be able to prove nonimmigrant intent. All you need to prove is you will return from the nonimmigrant trip in time.

lol....your comments are always very entertaining.

antonlou,
Just try and keep this simple. Decide whats' important to you and avoid unneccesary complications with this process. Then consider making that activation trip with the wife as someone suggested earlier. You have no business messing with DoS or DHS, it's not worth it.

Agreed.

Ok so you need to travel on business in July that’s fine. That’s one airfare, which I assume you will get from your company
Then you want to fly with your wife in August again, that’s two airfares which you will have to pay for personally.

It would seem to me to make more sense for your to bring your wife with you on your trip in July and pay for her your self that way you only need to pay for one airfare in July rather then two in Aug????

You can take a trip in and out, and by the time you get back in Aug your GC should be sitting waiting for you at your nominated address.

I really think you are better off not over complicating this situation by applying for an additional non-immigrant visa.

Why cant you use your July trip to Activate? Is there any reason?