Travel to India after interview and before oath

rohitdeep

I have my interview scheduled soon. I have to travel to India after that and before my oath ceremony happens. Has anybody done this before? Is this ok or should I travel before the interview and have the interview postponed?

rohitdeep said:
I have my interview scheduled soon. I have to travel to India after that and before my oath ceremony happens. Has anybody done this before? Is this ok or should I travel before the interview and have the interview postponed?
I have done it. Absolutely no problem. You just have to mantion the travel on the oath form (when you get one after your interview). Thats it.

rohitdeep said:

You can travel after the interview. Note that you are still a USPR until you take the oath (at which point you cease to be an Indian citizen). If you plan to go to India after the Interview (assuming you do not get the oath the same day), you should have someone monitor your mail for the oath letter to reschedule as needed (if you are not going to be back in time). Good luck.

I travelled to India soon after my interview. My oath is in a week and I think I just need to mention the dates I was travelling. I think the point someone above is trying to make it that even after interview you are still Indian citizen so you won't need a visa but after oath you might require an Indian visa and a US passport.

Does the 6 month out of country limit apply if you travel after your interview and before oath. Will some one be checking that information at oath time?

Thanks

Dear All,

Does one need to take Indian Visa after OATH Is taken,
and not applied for US Passport????

Would highly appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Mudita

Dear All,

Does one need to take Indian Visa after OATH Is taken,
and not applied for US Passport????

Would highly appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Mudita

Ask all your questions in one thread instead of resurrecting old ones.

Again, you can't travel after oath without US passport, nor can you travel on your Indian passport after oath.