Travel to Cuba

sirjohnfranklin

As a Canadian residing in the US with a TN status, am I subject to the same travel restrictions US citizens face regarding travel to Cuba?

A group of US and Canadian professionals will travel to Cuba for a week of research. The Canadians are instructed to travel to Cuba on their own and meet the group there. For US members, the association will work with an international trade organization that is licensed by the US Office of Foreign Assets Control (of the US Treasury) to organize travel arrangements. A general license will be obtained authorizing travel. They will depart from Miami.

Do I put myself in the Canadian or US group? Thanks.

Wrong answer. The reason the US members are being told to work through the Treasury is so that they do not break US law, which forbids the direct spending of money to Cuba and its agents -- without explicit direction from Uncle Sam.

TNers are resident in US, and this subject to US domestic laws on all levels.

So the answer is: "You're a US resident, and need the bless-off of US goverment. Go with them."

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuba has all the wonderful destinations. Its beaches are the best in the Caribbean. Cuba has its unique culture and a fascinating history. This Island offers You the most breathtaking beaches and green mountains.