travel on AP and H1..transit visa needed?

neha72

Registered Users (C)
We are flying to Delhi next month by Delta via Paris.
My husband has a valid H1 visa stamp in his passport
and I would be using valid AP.
Those who have travelled, pls let us know if we need any transit visas for Paris..

appreciate your help..
thanks.

neha72 said:
We are flying to Delhi next month by Delta via Paris.
My husband has a valid H1 visa stamp in his passport
--he does not need transit visa
and I would be using valid AP.
---- you need transit visa
Those who have travelled, pls let us know if we need any transit visas for Paris..

appreciate your help..
thanks.

If a person is flying via Paris on Advance Parole
and has a Canada Permanent Resident card with him.

Will he still need a transit visa for Paris?

appreciate replies...

gail said:
If a person is flying via Paris on Advance Parole
and has a Canada Permanent Resident card with him.
-----IF you have Canada PR card you dont need transit visa
Will he still need a transit visa for Paris?
----no, if asked show canada PR card
appreciate replies...

I would be travelling via Paris next month.
I don't have Canada PR but I do have Confirmation of PR paper +immigrant visa stamped in passport...
would I still need transit visa for paris...?
pls help..

Transit Visa for Italy????

I am travalling through Italy (Milan) On AP (H1 expired). Anyone knows if I need transit visa.

ginnu said:
---- you need transit visa

ginnu, I did transit through paris In Feb 2004. I did not take any transit
visa as I stayed inside the transit lounge @ charles de gaule airport in Paris. I was on H1 visa at that time. The poster here wants to enter US on AP. I dont understand why this person is required transit visa. If she dosent
want to travel outside the airport then why transit visa is required?

My current case: I'm travelling next week through Amsterdam and
I cheked on US Dutch embassy website and it says for Indian citizens transiting through Amsterdam transit visa is not required.

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org.uk/consulaptv_eng.htm

I've both valid H1 and AP. Whats ur call on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
dogra7 said:
I am travalling through Italy (Milan) On AP (H1 expired). Anyone knows if I need transit visa.
Check on their website which will give you useful information. It also depends on what passport you hold[country specific]. If you dont get a clear answer call the Italian
embassy in Washington,DC.

fast_gc_seeker

Even I am travelling on Nov 1st through Amsterdam. I dont have H1-B stamp but will use AP. You are right no need of transit visa.
Also I think we should refrain ourselves from travelling through the countries which need transit visa ex UK, Germany, France and hurt their business. :mad:

Hathwar - Are u sure about AP instead of transit Visa

Hi

I am in the similar situation going to india via paris, H1 Extension is approved but not yet stamped (Previous one is expired). can I use AP instead of Airtransit visa and/or approved H1, specially while going to India

France embassy says if your USA visa is expired on passport(india) , you need a airtransit visa. Though I didn't aks about AP instead.

If you are sure, please share the source of Info.

Thanks

paris visa

adgwlgc,
I am in similar situation, H4 approval notice (planning to get stamped in India) , expired H4 stamping on pp and AP as backup , travelling by Air India via Paris (you do not even de-plane in Paris)
Both France embassy and Air India says I need Airport Transit Visa
Hope this helps ..

gc_321 said:
adgwlgc,
I am in similar situation, H4 approval notice (planning to get stamped in India) , expired H4 stamping on pp and AP as backup , travelling by Air India via Paris (you do not even de-plane in Paris)
Both France embassy and Air India says I need Airport Transit Visa
Hope this helps ..

You dont need a transit visa for France if u r Indian citizen and hold a
valid unexpired US Visa. Check out following link

http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/visas/visasen.htm#8

Same rule applies for Germany/UK if you are Indian citizen. ie. no airport transit visa is required if you have valid unexpired US visa.

http://www.germany-info.org/relaunch/info/consular_services/visa/transit.html

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=313

Last edited by a moderator:
In our case current visa is expired and new one is not stamped yet

Hi fast_gc_seeker / All

I visited the link posted by you, In our case current visa is expired and new one is not stamped yet.

Though its mentioned

"However, no airport transit visa is required if the citizens of the above-mentioned countries have a "refugee travel document", an "alien residency card", or a "permit to reenter" (Form I-327 rev: 06-13-96) issued by the USA "

So if one is having AP , which is permit to reenter..... I hope that should work.

Please help

Thanks

adgwlgc said:
Hi fast_gc_seeker / All

I visited the link posted by you, In our case current visa is expired and new one is not stamped yet.

Though its mentioned

"However, no airport transit visa is required if the citizens of the above-mentioned countries have a "refugee travel document", an "alien residency card", or a "permit to reenter" (Form I-327 rev: 06-13-96) issued by the USA "

So if one is having AP , which is permit to reenter..... I hope that should work.

Please help

Thanks
AP should work

fast_gc_seeker /All
I'm planing to travel next week via UK and asked them wether I need Direct Air Side Visa or not and they replied that I must have visa on AP. Also If you look on supporting documents, they mentioed that you may send AP/EAD..., So question is, If one has Approved AP, why he/she needs visa?

Thank you

Hi All,
I am travelling through London on my AP in few weeks. On the way back i have to stay in airport for like 20 hours and not intending to leave outside the ariport. I called the British counsulate and they told me if im not leaving outside of airport i dont need any other visas. Is that true? Has anyone done that before??? Please help

thanks