travel issue ....need help

asylee01

Registered Users (C)
i'm going to Germany this coming monday, I'm going to stop in GETWICK airport in London and go to another airport which is Heathrew(in London also) so i can catch my plane to Frankfurt.
now my big question is: do i need a transit visa in England???
(i do not have a schengen visa).i'm afraid the lady at the travel agency assumed i was a US citizen and though i don't need a visa. can anybody help me there??
i only have RTD though.

Last edited by a moderator:
asylee01 said:
i'm going to Germany this coming monday, I'm going to stop in GETWICK airport in London and go to another airport which is Heathrew(in London also) so i can catch my plane to Frankfurt.
(i do not have a schengen visa).i'm afraid the lady at the travel agency assumed i was a US citizen and though i don't need a visa. can anybody help me there??

Call the British embassy or consulate. My best guess is yes you will need a visa.
But only the British themselves know for sure.

Visa

Because you will get out of the airport, you need a visa. They won't let you put your feet in the british soil without a visa.

asylee01 said:

It is Gatwick and Heathrow. Immigration at Gatwick will issue you a 24 hours transit visa if you show them your onward ticket to Germany. i did it many times.

asylee01 said:

Anyway UK is not Schengen.

i called the british consulate and they told me the immigration at the airport don't issue visas !!!! now what??

asylee01 said:

You should change your flight so it goes straight from Heathrow to Frankfurt.

asylee01 said:
i called the british consulate and they told me the immigration at the airport don't issue visas !!!! now what??

They do. I had it last done 2 weeks ago. The consulate will never tell you that.

arg lebanis,
did you have to go through same route as mine?? i mean from one airport to another??.
also on their website they that there is no transit visa required for my country.
the travel agent is telling me i'll be OK.what do you think?? sorry to bother