Travel information

andy505

Registered Users (C)
Experts, I need your help to understand the following scenario on N-400 form:
It says that how many days you were out of country USA in last five years? Will this be counted from the date of Applying the N-400 form or it will be based on the prorated completion of five years of GC if I am filling as 5 year completion date of GC minus 90 Days?

Answer either for the last 5 years or 5 years sans 90 days. Makes no difference in the greater scheme of things :)

It says that how many days you were out of country USA in last five years? Will this be counted from the date of Applying the N-400 form or it will be based on the prorated completion of five years of GC if I am filling as 5 year completion date of GC minus 90 Days?

Agree with Triple C (who also happens to live in the next town to mine) :)

In any case you will have to declare subsequent travel dates, if any, after filing the N400, right up to the Oath ceremony.

Experts, I need your help to understand the following scenario on N-400 form:
Days outside the US before you became a PR are irrelevant.

If you have less than 5 full years as a PR, start counting trips since the day your green card was approved.

Hello Everyone,
I need some help in understanding the travel 6 month deadline. My wife was in India last year and she had problem with her Indian passport renewal in India. Due to that, she had to stay back in India for little over 6 months (183 days to be precise). I was wondering if this would cause any problem with her N-400 application? When I went thru the “guide to Naturalization” (M-476), on 52nd page (Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet), I see that even though you are out of the US for more than 6 months at a stretch, as long as you here in the US for more than 30 months with in the past 5 yrs, you are safe. Is that true?

Also, in the past 5 yrs, over all she was out of country for 400+ days? Will that matter? Is it going to affect her citizenship approval?

Can some one please answer my question?

Thanks in advance.