travel document?

assyle

Registered Users (C)
when we apply for green card based on asylum, should we apply for RTD if need to travel outside usa in future?

I asked this because rtd is refugee travel document, so do asylees get rtd too or is it different travel document?
thanks

You get the RTD too. It's only valid for 1 year each time, and it takes a few months to be issued, so plan carefully.

Alternatively, some asylees continue to use their national passport AFTER their GC is approved.

Visa for Travel Document (Russia, Georgia, Armenia, and Turkey)

Hi

I have a GC and a travel document but no passport of any country.

I am now trying to go to Russia, Georgia, Armenia, and Turkey. My question is do I have to have visas in advance for these countries or I can get them attach visas to my RTD at airport or border ports?

I know Russia requires visa, but do not know about the rest.

Last year, I flew from LA to Oslo-Norway and I didn't have any problems. I checked my bags in LA at the auto-check in and I didn't even see an airliner personnel.Then from Oslo I flew to Venice (Just like a domestic flight) then I flew from Venice to Santorini (Just like a domestic flight also) then I flew from Venice to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to DC. (The only little problem: From Frankfurt to DC they announced my name through the speaker...and at the gate they wanted to make sure I had valid a valid RTD to fly back to America.

Ps: Just because you have a RTD it doesn't mean you are VISA FREE. At the immigration in Oslo, the immigration officer told me that "If you are from a country that doesn't need a visa, you wont need a visa. Now, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE ONLY A RTD IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE VISA FREE , IF YOU ARE BORN IN A COUNTRY WHERE THEY NEED VISA, DONT BUY YOUR TICKETS AND GO TO THE AIRPORT BECAUSE THE AIRLINER PERSONNEL WONT LET YOU BOARD THE PLANE.
Hi

I have a GC and a travel document but no passport of any country.

I am now trying to go to Russia, Georgia, Armenia, and Turkey. My question is do I have to have visas in advance for these countries or I can get them attach visas to my RTD at airport or border ports?

I know Russia requires visa, but do not know about the rest.