Travel Dates for the last 5 years BUT

sarrebal

Registered Users (C)
what about if someone applies with the 3-yr rule through marriage to a US citizen?
Am I still required to list all my trips for the last 5 years? I was on H1B before and therefore a non-resident.
I definitely don't have any problem with the continuous residence requirements, but I really have a huge number of trips taken and my passport never gets stamped when I go to Europe so taking 2 years out would help a lot.
N-400 instructions don't mention anything about the 3-yr rule in this case.
Anybody experienced this?

The purposes of listing trips on the N-400 is to establish physical presence and continuous residency during the statutory period and since becoming LPR. By default, the application has the statutory period as 5 years, but if you are applying under the 3 year rule the statutory period is 3 years. Although part 7 of the application doesn't differentiate the two, you can safely assume that you're only required to list trips during the statutory period and since becoming an LPR (3 years in your case).

Bobsmyth is correct - I had the same issue and I just listed trips in last 3 years.....it worked for me - just had my Oath on Friday Jan 23 :)

Between Dec 2002 and Dec 2005, I was sent to Canada on several short trips by my ex-employer. Neither Canadian or US authorities stamped my passport with dates of entry or exit. I do have any records of these trips so cannot list them with any confidence in their completeness or accuracy. I plan to attach a statement explaining this. Would this be sufficient? I have records (passport stamps) of all my other non-Canadian trips.

You mean you "do not have any records.."
If you know at least the month and year it is sufficient.