Travel and I140

Boston_GC

Registered Users (C)
I got my PERM approval today and my lawyer wants to file for I140 ASAP so that she gets paid ASAP. I wanted to ask if there are any disadvantages of applying for I 140 now and not with 485 when EB visas are available. I was worried about travel part - someone told be U couldn't travel outside country with I140 application pending, if U don't have H1B stamped.
I will appreciate your comments and help

I would say go for it .. its good whatever gets processed ASAP .. you never know when rules change.. also I-140 doesnt take much time .. I got my I-140 approved in 6 weeks. My labor was a regular application that took 2.5 years to be approved.

Also I believe the simultaneous filing of 140 and 485 does no longer exist. Correct me if I am wrong !

Boston_GC said:
- someone told be U couldn't travel outside country with I140 application pending, if U don't have H1B stamped.
I will appreciate your comments and help
You can not travel into the US without valid H1 stamp, but that is pretty much irrelevant to I140 filing. If you were worried about getting stamp after I140 was filed, you are fine as H1 is dual intent visa.