Travel abroad after N-400 is filed

Latin101

Registered Users (C)
I have filed N-400 just recently but I need to travel abroad for a short visit. This trip of course is not reported on N-400. Would it have an impact on my application? If I receive FP notice before I leave for the trip, should I hold it off untill I come back, or can I go ahead and get FP done before I leave? Thanks for your advice.

You can go for the short visit. If you miss your FP, you have 3 months from the date to get them done. Also when you go for your interview, mention the trip you took after you submitted your n400 so they can update your application.

Thanks for the quick response. So your suggestion is that I should go get the FP done before the trip if possible. In my wild imagination, I thought another trip abroad would trigger another background check?

Your trips abroad has nothing to do with any background checks. If you can do your FP before you leave, you can have the peace of mind. Up to you though.

It'll depend on when I receive my FP notice... Thanks for the help! Anyone else has similar experience or any thoughts?

If you receive FP notice before you leave, you can attempt walk in at your ASC. A short trip doesn't affect the process.

Can some one please clarify...
I see two dates mentioned under signatures... FP Walkin date and FP Appointment date. FP Walkin date shows as 3 weeks earlier than FP appointment...

So If I do Finger Print as Walkin does that mean that my next stage - Interview will be sheduled earlier ie: I can become citizen faster

or

Regardless whether I do FP as Walkin or on appointment date... when I become Citizen is always fixed (Calculated from priority date)

Please kindly advise

Can some one please clarify...
I see two dates mentioned under signatures... FP Walkin date and FP Appointment date. FP Walkin date shows as 3 weeks earlier than FP appointment...

So If I do Finger Print as Walkin does that mean that my next stage - Interview will be sheduled earlier ie: I can become citizen faster

or

Regardless whether I do FP as Walkin or on appointment date... when I become Citizen is always fixed (Calculated from priority date)

Please kindly advise
An early FP walk in does not equate to receiving citizenship faster, only potentially sooner.

Thanks for confirming the short trip will not affect (or delay - I assume) the process. I almost started regretting filing the application too soon.