• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Translation of papers frm Bengali to English at Dhaka, Bangladesh

Hi Sohana,

Thanks for your useful reply.

As I know, you collected affidavit of support, though it was not used. I am also trying to collect affidavit of support from one of my friend, just incase Embassy ask for it.
Please let me which form was used by your sponsor I-134 or I-864. Also like to know, what else docs you got or you collected from you sponsor?

Thanks for your support and co-operation.

dv 2009 bangladesh

U do not have to translate it from BOARD- u just translate them from a professional translator- process i hv mentioned earlier fr dhaka folks.
No need to write full address and Bangladesh- just Dhaka 0r Chittagong or Rangunia, Chittagong like this- but make sure in ur passport, in ur previous filled up papers fr DV - the places r all the same.
Make a photocopy and fill up for urself and ur wife- we did fr both of us.

Always check that the information u give r all exactly the same in every papers.

Dear Sohana,

How r u? Please advice what type of test they will do when me & my family applied for Medical by doctors selected by US embassy? Since you had already done the medical, so please advice & it will will help us to know the procedure better.

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Haider

They will ask if u all r vaccinated against Hepatitis B, if not they will start the vaccination - if ur child has a vaccine card- take it with u & show them- they will tell u what ur child needs. If u and ur wife both r vaccinated against Hep B- then u dont need any vaccine. ( I think I have once wrote on vaccination process in this forum but I cant remember the thread- go to Green Crescent hospital.)

SOHANA

They will ask if u all r vaccinated against Hepatitis B, if not they will start the vaccination - if ur child has a vaccine card- take it with u & show them- they will tell u what ur child needs. If u and ur wife both r vaccinated against Hep B- then u dont need any vaccine. ( I think I have once wrote on vaccination process in this forum but I cant remember the thread- go to Green Crescent hospital.)

SOHANA

Thank you very Much Sohana, Please note one of my relative got DV 2009 visa last week & they did not do any vaccination from Dr. Wahab. Since I did not have any Hep-B vaccination, but my wife does.. Please advice what other test they will do?

Sorry for asking you too many question.

Thanks,

Haider

Do I need attested photocopy?

Hi Sohana (best BD forumer here!) & others

My wife's interview (dv 2009) is in next month. My question is:

(1). In the 2nd NL they asked to bring all original docs with translation (if in bangla). But do we also need to take PHOTOCOPY of ALL original docs?
If yes, then do we need to attest those PHOTOCOPY?
If yes, then from where/which person we need to attest all those photocopies?

(2). How to know before giving the US embassy all the money on interview day that all of our family members are medically OK? [if any of us is medically unfit, there is no meaning to submit such huge amount to the embassy for nothing in return]

Thanks in advance.
GamblerBD

1. U must have to photocopy each original and translated paper- No need to attest them.

2. I dont know the exact answer- but I think the appointed doctor will tell.

Many thanks, Sohana :)

Is it a common practice for the doctors to share medical reports with us? I mean they suppose to seal the report in an envelope...

In normal condition, what are the medical tests Doctor will perform (like ecg, blood..)?

Is there any DV-2009 winners already faced interview or got Visa? Please share your experiences like Ms. Sohana is doing...is there anything new? Any new docs/evidences are needed? Anything we need to be cautious or should take preparation?

Please show some courages to us - the future interviewees! I'll surely post all my exp after I've gone thru the whole process.

Thanks in advance.

Plz reply always

Readers please rply to the thread after reading it - in that case it will be on first page regularly- this can help another Bangladeshi as you. So plz REPLY always.
SOHANA

About changes in Passport

Hi Shohana and all!
I found this forum very helpful for Bangladeshi DV winner! Thanks everybody!

My Case no is AS00011xxx, waiting for 2nd NL. I have a problem with my passport.

# (i) I did my Passport before my marriage, (i) I changed my present address which used in my passport, and (iii) there is a spelling mistake in my district name. So I need to change these in my passport.

# I heard from some people if I apply for that changes, they will cut the given information and will write new information in the place of given information places ( like; cutting old present add, will write new present add. cutting fathers name, will write husband name).

** 1.If I make changes in my passport like above mentioned, will this make any problem?
2. which is better, do changes in my present passport (there is no visa seal), or do a new passport??
3. If I do new passport, then when is better; after getting 2nd letter or now?

Please reply on my query. I am waiting for you peoples answer.

DO NOT update data on the passport!
Just apply for a fresh passport now.

Hi Shohana and all!
I found this forum very helpful for Bangladeshi DV winner! Thanks everybody!

My Case no is AS00011xxx, waiting for 2nd NL. I have a problem with my passport.

# (i) I did my Passport before my marriage, (i) I changed my present address which used in my passport, and (iii) there is a spelling mistake in my district name. So I need to change these in my passport.

# I heard from some people if I apply for that changes, they will cut the given information and will write new information in the place of given information places ( like; cutting old present add, will write new present add. cutting fathers name, will write husband name).

** 1.If I make changes in my passport like above mentioned, will this make any problem?
2. which is better, do changes in my present passport (there is no visa seal), or do a new passport??
3. If I do new passport, then when is better; after getting 2nd letter or now?

Please reply on my query. I am waiting for you peoples answer.

I got the DV-2010. I have leminated all of my certificates long time before. Don't they accept laminated certificate?

Remove them

I got the DV-2010. I have leminated all of my certificates long time before. Don't they accept laminated certificate?

U hv to remove the laminations - i am afraid- they dont like lamination

Thanks Ms.Sohana. Truly appreciate your kind support to All Bangladeshi. I need one more advise from you. I returned the forms I received with first NL to KCC already but now I relised that I made a mistake. For name and address of petitioner, I Have filled with my name for me my wife's name for her and kids' name for their form. Now what to do.

If the husband and wife both receive NL, should one of them stop further processing?

Hi sik, it is not affect your application. you can also send an email to KCC for correction on your form.
- If couple both win the lottery, they still can processing case for both. But KCC does not carelessly to make this thing happen.

Hi sik, it is not affect your application. you can also send an email to KCC for correction on your form.
- If couple both win the lottery, they still can processing case for both. But KCC does not carelessly to make this thing happen.

It Happened to me. I received the wiining notification for me in May-09 and for my wife early this week. I sent e-mail to KCC but they didn't reply

hi friends I've send my forms back to kcc but how do i know kcc already received them or not.I mean how to make sure kcc got the forms and they r already in process. thanks everyone. all the best.

hi friends I've send my forms back to kcc but how do i know kcc already received them or not.I mean how to make sure kcc got the forms and they r already in process. thanks everyone. all the best.

How did you send? If you send by DHL/Fedex/UPS/TNT you can track the shipment by the Shipment Airway Bill No.. That's the only way to know. You can call them but that's not advocated.

U hv to remove the laminations - i am afraid- they dont like lamination

I am also DV2010 winner and already sent back my 1st letter. But now I also afraid that all of my certificates and marks sheets are laminated. Should I keep it as it is now or should I try to remove lamination? From where I can remove lamination smoothly?