• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Translation of papers frm Bengali to English at Dhaka, Bangladesh

sohana

Registered Users (C)
U have to translate all the original documents into English which r in Bengali language.
Go to front of Press Club, Dhaka- their u will find many typists - cotact one of them( MR. WALIULLAH, Ph# 01726486374- he has done my papers) - they will do the work for u- give him atleast a day or two to do the work- all the papers are also need to be notorized. he will do it for u too. Dont forget to bargain for the work with the typist. Try to know the price fr each document.

I am also giving u an address of the translator- may be their u can have ur work done at a little bit lower price I guess-
LANGUAGE TRANSLATION CENTER
12, Purana Paltan, L. Mallick Complex( 1st floor)

Tel: 7176857, 01716-172028
mail: languagetranslation@hotmail.com

Please remove all the laminations of ur documents if u had any - u hv to go to NILKHET fr that.

SOHANA

Last edited by a moderator:
Translation of documents

Sohana

i won the DV 2006, i went to Palton to do all the translations of all documents , it was probably Dhaka Anubad...

but tell you what

US EMBASSY DIDNOT EVEN TOUCH THE TRANSLATED DOCUMENTS. So There was a Bangladeshi Visa Assistant , she said they dont need any translated documents. to be on the safe side , no wrong in doing those , but they dont need any translation or notarized.

Lamination should be removed very carefully. Just make sure all the papers upto HSC are in perfect orders. Better education are added points for you..

Take care

Mishel

DV 2006

Yes, Mishel is 100% right. There is no need to translate your documents. In your second letter there is a guildeline will come reagarding this that keep all your documents as usual as it is given by the boards. So it is waste of money to translate it.

Pls dont confuse others

Yes, Mishel is 100% right. There is no need to translate your documents. In your second letter there is a guildeline will come reagarding this that keep all your documents as usual as it is given by the boards. So it is waste of money to translate it.

U NEED TRANSLATIONS FOR ALL OF UR BENGALI DOCUMENTS( not the translation frm Education Board- it is from Professional translators u need- which u can get frm the place i mentioned for Dhaka people) ITS CLEARLY WRITTEN ON 2ND LETTER INSTRUCTION- PLS MAKE A TRANSLATION OF EACH BENGALI DOCUMENT- whether they see it or not.

Req. Docs for the DV-2009 winners from Bangladesh

Dear Sohana,

Glad to see your all valuable comments thru this forum which is very useful for all applicants from Bangladesh . I am a DV-2009 winner & trust I will get advice from you. I am now waiting for 2nd NL to come. Kindly answer my below question:

1. What proof of I.D's are required in the interview beside SSC & HSC certificate?

2. If I dont have / show my SSC & HSC admit & Reg. card, is there any problem?

3. Does overseas qualifications help in my interview?

4. Does spouse qualifications will help?

5. Fyi, I am the principal applicant wish to apply along with my Wife & Daughter.

Kindly advice what type of question they may ask in the interview at US Embassy, Dhaka?

Look forward to your early reply & cooperation.

Congrats & wish you a happy journey to US.

Haider

Hi Sohana,
Before answering the qurries above of 'Osihai', please look your other thread "Process to get Police Clearence in Dhaka, Bangladesh". In that thread I asked you several questions regarding your interview, which would help you to desrcibe your interview experiences.
Thanks

Dear Sohana,

Glad to see your all valuable comments thru this forum which is very useful for all applicants from Bangladesh . I am a DV-2009 winner & trust I will get advice from you. I am now waiting for 2nd NL to come. Kindly answer my below question:

1. What proof of I.D's are required in the interview beside SSC & HSC certificate?

2. If I dont have / show my SSC & HSC admit & Reg. card, is there any problem?

3. Does overseas qualifications help in my interview?

4. Does spouse qualifications will help?

5. Fyi, I am the principal applicant wish to apply along with my Wife & Daughter.

Kindly advice what type of question they may ask in the interview at US Embassy, Dhaka?

Look forward to your early reply & cooperation.

Congrats & wish you a happy journey to US.

Haider

1. SSC & HSC admit and registration cards.

2. If u dont have any of them then u have to show them other things that is atleast 2 years older from date of ur getting dv lottery winning notification which contains ur NAME, PHOTO & an ISSUE DATE on it- like Drivers licence or any admit card or library card or old passport or BMDC registration -anything that u can show them as ur proof of identity. But becareful that the name spellings, date of birth( in Driving licence or passport etc) should exactly match ur earlier DV application materials,.

3. You must have HSC certificate or its equivalent education or work experience (http://www.doleta.gov/programs/onet) - search there if u r looking fr qualification with work experience. So if ur oversease education is equivalent to 12 year course in USA- it will do. Plz read ur first notification letters " Important Basic DV requirements" carefully- it is also written in Bangla .
4. If u r the winner( Principal applicant- that by whos name lottery was notified) then- U MUST BE QUALIFIED- none other than u can fulfill the requirement. So it wont help U.
PLEASE GO THROUGH UR FIRST LETTER AGAIN AND AGAIN- U can solve many problems by yourself and when u will get the 2nd letter it will be more clear.

Actually if u r qualified then they will try to make sure that ur educational documents r genuine- ur identity is correct- thats what they looked in our case.

SOHANA

Thanks

Dear Sohana,

Thank you very much for your kind comment which will be useful. Fyi, I did my SSC & HSC from Bangladesh and I dont have original Admit / Reg. card for those but I can show my previous passport which is 12 years old with many countries Visa with no spelling mistake... Does it help as the only proof of ID? Also I can show my employee photo ID from my company (Private company). Is it accepted? Fyi, my wife is a Doctor & she has all originals including SSC + HSC Admit & Reg. card as well as BMDC reg. Does it help?

Kindly advice...

Look forward to your early reply please..

Haider

Dear Sohana,

Thank you very much for your kind comment which will be useful. Fyi, I did my SSC & HSC from Bangladesh and I dont have original Admit / Reg. card for those but I can show my previous passport which is 12 years old with many countries Visa with no spelling mistake... Does it help as the only proof of ID? Also I can show my employee photo ID from my company (Private company). Is it accepted? Fyi, my wife is a Doctor & she has all originals including SSC + HSC Admit & Reg. card as well as BMDC reg. Does it help?

Kindly advice...

Look forward to your early reply please..

Haider

The old passport and ur ID card will help u definitely- but U should have some explanation for not having those admit or reg. card I think. And if it is possible to show driving license, any other admit cards of any other exam, library card etc will help u too- but it depends what they ask for.
Ur wifes docs will be more than enough.

Thanks

Hi Sohana,

I have Driving Liecence but there is a spelling mistake of my name... Thats why its not wise to show. I can get duplicate Admin / Reg card from Board. Does it work? Please advice... Fyi, I have finished my BSC & MBA fm London & have certificate for those but no ID card.. Currently I am also doing my Post graduate course in London in which I have my ID but not 2 years old... Please tell me what sud I do?

Look forward to your kind comment.

Haider

Hi Sohana,

I have Driving Liecence but there is a spelling mistake of my name... Thats why its not wise to show. I can get duplicate Admin / Reg card from Board. Does it work? Please advice... Fyi, I have finished my BSC & MBA fm London & have certificate for those but no ID card.. Currently I am also doing my Post graduate course in London in which I have my ID but not 2 years old... Please tell me what sud I do?

Look forward to your kind comment.

Haider

Of course take ur BSC and MBA certificate with u.

Dont try for any duplicate papers after ur NL date - they wont accept.

Take ur ID card too- Keep ur DL with u- if they r satisfied with other things for ur identity - then it will be ok, but if u hv to show it- then do it- i think it has a photo on it- so show it as a last thing if u need.
I think u hv to be more concerned abt ur POLICE CERTIFICATE frm UK- bcs u need to submit it if u r staying there fr more than 6 months in last 5 years( PLZ CHECK UR DV FIRST LETTER FR INSTRUCTIONS FR PC REQUIREMENTS)!

Removing lemination

Hi Sohna,
I did lemination on my SSC admit card. Other papers r ok. Shell I have to remove it. I did it in 1995. I m a bit warried to remove it scince its 13 years old. Is it risky to remove lemination. Pls advice

Thanks

Of course take ur BSC and MBA certificate with u.

Dont try for any duplicate papers after ur NL date - they wont accept.

Take ur ID card too- Keep ur DL with u- if they r satisfied with other things for ur identity - then it will be ok, but if u hv to show it- then do it- i think it has a photo on it- so show it as a last thing if u need.
I think u hv to be more concerned abt ur POLICE CERTIFICATE frm UK- bcs u need to submit it if u r staying there fr more than 6 months in last 5 years( PLZ CHECK UR DV FIRST LETTER FR INSTRUCTIONS FR PC REQUIREMENTS)!

Dear Sohana,

Thanks & please note I have got Police certificate from Uk already with me. At the moment I am at BD & will face interview soon. What ID card u r talking about?? I will keep my DL with me as per your concern.

Please advice if you know more information so that it will help me.

Thanks in advance.

Haider

Hi Sohna,
I did lemination on my SSC admit card. Other papers r ok. Shell I have to remove it. I did it in 1995. I m a bit warried to remove it scince its 13 years old. Is it risky to remove lemination. Pls advice
Go to NILKHET- show them and ask their advice- do it if they assures u- otherwise keep it laminated- iother docs will be enough .

Dear Sohana,

Thanks & please note I have got Police certificate from Uk already with me. At the moment I am at BD & will face interview soon. What ID card u r talking about?? I will keep my DL with me as per your concern.

Please advice if you know more information so that it will help me.

Thanks in advance.

Haider

The ID of ur present London postgraduation course.
Plz read my Post" On the day of DV interview at Dhaka, Bangladesh" - U can find some help there I think.

Thanks

The ID of ur present London postgraduation course.
Plz read my Post" On the day of DV interview at Dhaka, Bangladesh" - U can find some help there I think.

Dear Sohana,

Thanks & yes I do have the ID with me... Please pray for me so that I can get it done. Yes read your interview experience which is very much useful & really appriciate your effort to help Bangladeshi people.

Thanks again & best regards,

Haider

Please reply both questions

Hi Sohana,

Thanks for all your posts to help Bangladeshi DV winners.

Now I have some questions, please reply.

1) Do we need to translate H.S.C. and S.S.C admit and registration card?

2)Another one regarding Birth Certificate. In the birth certificate, there is a space to write "Place of Birth". What should be written here?

a) Dhaka, Bangladesh / Chittagong, Bangladesh - like this only or
b) The specific address - like house full address / clinic name and full address
Please reply.

3) They sent "Questionnaire for Additional Processing" with 2nd Letter. Do we (me, my wife and daughter) need to answer the questions of this sheet?

Thanks

Hi Sohana,

Thanks for all your posts to help Bangladeshi DV winners.

Now I have some questions, please reply.

1) Do we need to translate H.S.C. and S.S.C admit and registration card?

2)Another one regarding Birth Certificate. In the birth certificate, there is a space to write "Place of Birth". What should be written here?

a) Dhaka, Bangladesh / Chittagong, Bangladesh - like this only or
b) The specific address - like house full address / clinic name and full address
Please reply.

3) They sent "Questionnaire for Additional Processing" with 2nd Letter. Do we (me, my wife and daughter) need to answer the questions of this sheet?

Thanks
U do not have to translate it from BOARD- u just translate them from a professional translator- process i hv mentioned earlier fr dhaka folks.
No need to write full address and Bangladesh- just Dhaka 0r Chittagong or Rangunia, Chittagong like this- but make sure in ur passport, in ur previous filled up papers fr DV - the places r all the same.
Make a photocopy and fill up for urself and ur wife- we did fr both of us.

Always check that the information u give r all exactly the same in every papers.

Hi Sohana,
Yes, I agree that we don't need to translate from Education Board, we have to translate from professional translator (Anubad Kendro).

I have no confusion that, we have to translate all certificates and mark-sheets from professional translator.

But, as US Embassy will check our HSC and SSC admit and registration card for photo identity. For that reason my question is:
Do we need to translate our admit and registration cards of HSC and SSC?

Thanks