Transit visas and travel relate discussions

Hi,
did any one travel to USA through London from INDIA after Consular Processing .
i just want to know whether they need transit visa at London or not.
i think i have valid visa on my passport so i no need to get transit visa while going to INDIA.but i need to know while coming back from INDIA do i need to get transit visa at London?

I am flying by BritishAirways...

THnaks
VJ

VJ2002 said:
Hi,
did any one travel to USA through London from INDIA after Consular Processing .
i just want to know whether they need transit visa at London or not.
i think i have valid visa on my passport so i no need to get transit visa while going to INDIA.but i need to know while coming back from INDIA do i need to get transit visa at London?

I am flying by BritishAirways...

THnaks
VJ

If you have a valid visa and it is not cancelled, do not show the IV, just show the H1 ...

I am going for my CP thru london by British Airways, so do I have to take a Transit visa or not. There is no conclusion here/

Thanks

worry not

worry not !!!

I flew british air via london
while going i had a valid H-1 and while coming back
I had immigrant visa stamped (like any other visa)
This is a new thing

So you don't need a transit visa...

moreover, the visa was never checkd by anyone at london

MiDelhi said:
moreover, the visa was never checkd by anyone at london
Don't take it lightly if the visa was not checked at the trasnit point. From what I have heard, most cases they will not. It is the airline who will check it and allow/deny boarding at their discreation.

true...but the airlines are concerned with checking visa
for the final detination...otherwise they are responsible
for getting you back..

while flying via frankfurt..i had visa checked as soon as i came out of
the plane and it was checkd by the german immigration guys and they
were pretty strict.

MiDelhi said:
true...but the airlines are concerned with checking visa
for the final detination...otherwise they are responsible
for getting you back..

while flying via frankfurt..i had visa checked as soon as i came out of
the plane and it was checkd by the german immigration guys and they
were pretty strict.
Airline would also be responsible for ferrying the passengar back to origin country if the transit point requirements are not met.

Any experience traveling via s'pore

Hi guys,
Anyone with recent experience traveling via S'pore on S'pore airlines with a short transit stop over at Taipei? I beleive both these places dont need transit visas even if the H1- on the PP is expired. Is my understanding right?
Thx,
Dilbert

Transit Visa

I am planning for india trip next month. I have approved H1 extension but previous visa is expired. One thing I dont get it is why would people ask transit visas while leaving from USA and going to India. It makes sense while coming back into US. But not otherway. Does anybody has experience with similar case. I am just trying to find out do I need to get transit visa while going to india.

bvreddy75 said:
I am planning for india trip next month. I have approved H1 extension but previous visa is expired. One thing I dont get it is why would people ask transit visas while leaving from USA and going to India. It makes sense while coming back into US. But not otherway. Does anybody has experience with similar case. I am just trying to find out do I need to get transit visa while going to india.
I depends on what country are you transiting through. E.g. if it is Holland, Italy, you do not need a transit visa.

2 visas Or 1?

So lets say if I need a transit while going to India and coming back to US, Do i need to get separate transit visas for both directions with separate fees? Or is it just 1 application that supports both ways by 1 time of fee?

hummingburd said:
So lets say if I need a transit while going to India and coming back to US, Do i need to get separate transit visas for both directions with separate fees? Or is it just 1 application that supports both ways by 1 time of fee?
I guess, what you will ask for is a dual or a multiple entry visa.

AIR India NY to DELHI via PARIS

Hi,

Reading the other posts it seems that I do need a transit visa to france if I have an expired visa stamped on my passport.

My confusions:
1. I am traveling one way, do i need to have a transit visa n the way to delhi?
2. I am flying by air india, which doesnt even deboard people from the plane in paris. In that case, I donot understand what the visa check would do? Are they going to check the visa in NY itself?

Thanks in advance,
Himanshu