Transit visa

I am not sure what happened here but I had taken print-out the results page which stated that Transit Visa is NOT Required. I had carried that with me while travelling.. The website is official website.

I did not contact them directly....

AM4GC said:
http://www.netherlands-embassy.org/visainquiryresult.asp

result from here if you don't have valid visa while leaving USA.(Travel document: Other )

Visa Inquiry Result
March 11, 2003
Inquiry date: February 19, 2005
Citizen of: India
Status in US: unlisted status
Resident of: Ohio
Travel document: Other
Duration of stay: less than 24 hours
Purpose of stay: airport transit
First country: Netherlands
Second country: Other
Main destination: other

Based on the above mentioned information the following has been concluded:

Please contact the office below to inquire if an airport transit visa is required.

For more information:
Contact the assigned diplomatic or consular mission

Return to visa inquiry form:

Use the browser's back-button to return to the visa inquiry form and preserve the previous selections.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

labornc, Did you contacted Netherland embassy?

I would suggest anybody checking regarding Transit Visa, with consulate (of the country in question) before commencing the journey.

My friend had problem at Amsterdam because visa in his passport had expired and he was going to India on his approved 3 year extension to get it revalidated from India.

During random checking of passports and other documents, his case came into spotlight. He somehow convinced the authorities that he is going to India to get the visa revalidated and will come back with a valid H1-B1 visa stamped. He had to show all his H1 approval documents for the extension of stay.

What I am saying is, you may get away without a transit visa. But it will be a big hassle in case of such "random checking". And I would prefer paying 40-45 USD extra to avoid such hassle.

Again, this is just my opinion. Or else, what labornc is doing (taking printout of the result page), might also work.

labornc said:
Small correction. I am not sure about other countries but Amsterdam is the only Country where you do not need any transit Visa. Even if you do not have US visa, it's okay to pass through Amsterdam..
My wife didn't have, so I had to go via AMS, as we didn't have that much time to get any other country's visa

Go to this site and enter your details to find out if you need a visa

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org/visainquiry.asp

One of my friend's friend was stranded in UK on the Airport for 2 days before he could get the transit visa. He didn't have valid H1 visa but citizen of India goint to India.

via FRA

My H1 visa on passport is expired but I have an extension notice.

From germany-info.org website:

? My US Resident Alien Card/US visa has expired and has to be renewed/extended. How can I apply for a visa to Germany?

=We can only accept applicants holding a vaild US Resident Alien Card/US visa. If yours has expired, please contact the US Immigration and Naturalization Service first for renewal/extension.

Does that mean I cannot get a transit visa at German consulate? Any experience?

Thanks.

SK_Chicago said:
My H1 visa on passport is expired but I have an extension notice.

From germany-info.org website:

? My US Resident Alien Card/US visa has expired and has to be renewed/extended. How can I apply for a visa to Germany?

=We can only accept applicants holding a vaild US Resident Alien Card/US visa. If yours has expired, please contact the US Immigration and Naturalization Service first for renewal/extension.

Does that mean I cannot get a transit visa at German consulate? Any experience?

Thanks.

If your US visa has expired you will need a transit visa.

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen. I am working in the US on a H1-B visa. I changed my companies after coming to the USA. I have a new H1-B approval from the new company, I do not have the H1-B stamped on my passport. My wife also has a H4 visa not stamped in the passport. We are planning to visit India in April, we would be travelling thru Air India. Is it a requirement to have a transit Visa either for France, Britain or Frankfurt.

I spoke to an AirIndia representative and she told me that we would not require any transit visa. Then my wife spoke to another AirIndia representative and she was told that you would require a transit visa.

Would appreciate if anyone could give me a correct response.

Thanks and Regards

dgantala,

You would require Airport Transit Visa for Frankfurt, London, Paris for sure.

For Frankfurt, no matter what your status is and whether visa is stamped in you PP or not, if you don't have 10 year valid GC for US, you have to have Transit Visa.

Most of the other countries say, if you are traveling thru their airport and don't have a valid US Visa stamped in your PP on that particular day, you must have Airport Transit Visa stamped in your PP.

I called Netherlands Consulate, and they were not sure whether you need ATV or not if you are flying thru Amsterdam. Probably they got confused by my status. I am traveling this summer to India on AP and I don't have valid visa stamped in my PP. They kept saying if you have a valid document stamped in your PP to get back into US, you don't need ATV. But when I mentioned about the AP they said we don't know what AP means.

Anyway, call consulate of the respective country and check with them before you fly. My thinking is, it won't hurt to pay couple of extra dollars if you can avoid the travel hassel by doing so.

NOTE : In most of the cases I have seen, ATV is not checked or verified at the airport in that country at all. It is checked mostly at the airport from where your are commencing your journey.

Good luck with your travel.

dgantala said:
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen. I am working in the US on a H1-B visa. I changed my companies after coming to the USA. I have a new H1-B approval from the new company, I do not have the H1-B stamped on my passport. My wife also has a H4 visa not stamped in the passport. We are planning to visit India in April, we would be travelling thru Air India. Is it a requirement to have a transit Visa either for France, Britain or Frankfurt.

I spoke to an AirIndia representative and she told me that we would not require any transit visa. Then my wife spoke to another AirIndia representative and she was told that you would require a transit visa.

Would appreciate if anyone could give me a correct response.

Thanks and Regards

I called German Consulate Chicago, today.
Since my H1 visa on PP is expired, an air transit visa is required.

But answer to next question is confusing:
I asked, if my PP has a valid H1 visa stamped, whether I require a transit visa or not. She said, 'Yes, you still need a air transit visa'. My friend travelled from India on Feb 4 w/o air transit visa since his PP had valid H1.

Thanks.

SK_Chicago,

Read my comments in the previous posting. I personally went to German Consulate in Atlanta and asked them. Irrespective of your visa status and whether or not stamped in PP, you have to have ATV if you don't have a 10 year valid GC.

SK_Chicago said:
I called German Consulate Chicago, today.
Since my H1 visa on PP is expired, an air transit visa is required.

But answer to next question is confusing:
I asked, if my PP has a valid H1 visa stamped, whether I require a transit visa or not. She said, 'Yes, you still need a air transit visa'. My friend travelled from India on Feb 4 w/o air transit visa since his PP had valid H1.

Thanks.

I am in Advance Payroll visa now as my H1 stamping is over in Dec'2004.
I will be travilling to India by KLM through amsterdom, Netherlands.
I have called the Consulate in Atlanta and they told me the Airport Transit visa not required..
My questions : Has anyone on Advance Parole visa has travelled by KLM without Airport Transit visa ???