Transit Visa - Urgent Question on Air India

achawla

Registered Users (C)
I just called travel agent for booking my Air India ticket from NY to Delhi. He told me to get a transit visa for London from british consulate in NY ($51 each). Also I went to their web site and it says the same thing. Do I need this visa on AP???????????????????

Can you suggest some other flight (Kuwait airlines). He told me I don't need transit visa for that. Is that correct?

Please help. It's urgent.

Please share yr experiences.

achawla said:
I just called travel agent for booking my Air India ticket from NY to Delhi. He told me to get a transit visa for London from british consulate in NY ($51 each). Also I went to their web site and it says the same thing. Do I need this visa on AP???????????????????

Can you suggest some other flight (Kuwait airlines). He told me I don't need transit visa for that. Is that correct?

See this link
Basically there is no special handling if you have AP.

If you don't have a valid non-immig US visa in your PP, you need this transit visa.
The above site has details on fees, process etc etc.

achawla said:
---- UK transit visa needed if you dont have valid Visa stamp and want to use AP
-- check with airline. you need visa for Germany, UK, France and Switzerland if you go through Amsterdam then only you don’t need transit visa

achawla said:
I just called Air Italia and they said it's not required.

Anybody travelled on this airlines on AP recently.

Also ginnu, see this link ..... looks like some of which you mentioned doesn't require transit visa.

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/nonustransit.html
The site you've given says that you don't need a transit visa IF you have a valid US visa -- that's a valid physical visa stamp in the PP - not status docs.

If that's the case, you don't need a UK visa either.

The issue is for people whose visa stampings have expired and are traveling using AP.
I think its a stupid rule -- but hey lets not forget the rules that INS imposes :)

Amsterdam AP - NO Visa Stamp

I am travelling via Amsterdam on AP. I do not have any visa stamp in my new passport. Do not have my old passports.

Do I need a transit visa? Any similar experiences?

Thanks a lot.

AlItalia Airlines - Transit Visa

I am travelling through Milan (AlItalia) on AP with visa expired on PP.

Do I need a transit visa?

Frankfurt transit visa

I called the german consulate in atlanta and the lady told me that advanced parole holders dont need transit visa. She said she was aware that some other german consulates (chicago e.g.) give different information but she also said she never heard of anyone reporting a problem travelling on AP through germany. Does anyone have any experience in this?

:cool:
I am flying to Bombay by Air India via Paris. It seems AI doesn't allow passengers en-route to Bombay alight at Paris for transit or any purposes, so no question of transit visa.
I confirmed from my travel agent and Air India folks who said the same thing. BTW i am an AP holder and a Canadian PR but with an expired H1B stamp.
I had concerns for my wife who has AP but with expired H4 stamp.

Hi Jish,
Travel on Air India through Paris does not require transit visa if your are using AP.
I went to India and came back with my family last month. My H-1B and their H-4 visas expired in May. We used APs for travel.

During on ward journey(from US to INDIA) no one at Paris did check our APs. But during return journey to US, French Immigration officers came into the flight to verify travel documents of US bound passengers. We showed our passports and APs and we were fine.

jish said:
:cool:
I am flying to Bombay by Air India via Paris. It seems AI doesn't allow passengers en-route to Bombay alight at Paris for transit or any purposes, so no question of transit visa.
--------- what if AirIndia ka Plane kharab hoo gaya tooo.... agar repair karna pada tooo? :D
I confirmed from my travel agent and Air India folks who said the same thing. BTW i am an AP holder and a Canadian PR but with an expired H1B stamp.
I had concerns for my wife who has AP but with expired H4 stamp.
---If you or your wife have Canada PR CARD then no need of Transit visa from UK , Swiss, France check with other consulates directly