Transit visa at Paris , France

ssp1976

Hello

Myself and my wife recently got our H1 and H4 visas revalidated (till 2005) in our passports. We are travelling to India through Air-France in December. I believe that since we have valid US visas in our passports, we DO NOT need a transit visa while travelling through Paris.

I just wanted to confirm this.

Ginnu and others: Please advise. Also please share your experiences while travelling through Paris.

Thanks
ssp1976

better you should check with French consulate or France embassy, I hope you need transit visa

Did you mean "I hope you don't need transit visa?"

I checked with the French consulate in Washington,DC. I sent them an email and here is the reply I got:

Hi,

Indian citizens travelling with a valid US visa stamped in their passports do not need any airport transit visa to stay at Paris Roissy CDG airport while waiting for their connecting flight to India.

Visa section- Consulate of France

SO, we don't need a transit visa.

Thanks.

if your old h1 visa is valid in your passport then you dont need transit visa. since you got your visa validated, and ur old h1 is expired then you need a transit visa.

Labordude,

I have my new H1 STAMPED in my passport. Its not just renewed.
According to the French consoluate, if you have a valid visa "glued" to your passport, you don't need a transit visa.

ssp1976

Airside Transit Visa for France and UK

Hi,
I am travelling to India Via UK and France. I would like to know if I need transit visa's for these countries.
I have a visa glued in my passport which expires in 2005 which is from my old H1, but now I am on a new H1.
So is this OK.
Thanks for your help
Regards
Jay