Transferred to Detroit

misun

Registered Users (C)
Detroit transfer case

My case was transferred to Detroit on 02-11-03 and my wife's case got approved on 2-5-03.

My wife is the Primary and we got married few months before we filed for aos.

Please post any recent transfers and approvals from detroit.

Last edited by a moderator:
transfer

Both of our cases were transfered to detroit local office on jan 27th.. Haven't heard from them since that day.. Do you know how long it takes these days to get an interview date from them??

Guys,
Did this transfers happened from different service centers?.
Let me know please.

Detroit Transferred Case

I have 2 I140. First i140 when I initially applied for I485 in august 2001. second I140 filed couple of months and approved Dec 2001. We did an interfile - substituting the new i140 with the old i140.(Letter to INS was around the time old I140 was revoked we also sent copies of old and new approved i140)

in Feb 2002. the old i140 was revoked.

In Dec 2002 - RFE for updated employer letter.

Jan 2003 - Case transferred to Detroit INS.

Question - Did the interfile causes the revocation of old - first i140. I don't think employer revoked it.

2. what are the reasons cases was transferred to local INS.

I started working for the new employer(new I140) september 2001.
3 weeks after filing the i485(old employer).

I would approciate if anyone can provide answers to my questions above.

I received an Interview notice from Detroit INS for 03/11/03.

Anyone had interview at detroit.

Please advice on the questions and documents that needs to be taken for the interview.

Jimiadegbite,

My case was transferred on Feb 11th to detroit.

Good luck for your interview and please post details about your interview.

Thanks,

Interview went fine - just wanted to confirm employment. - Awaiting IBIS check results before they can issue the approval - hopefully within the week.

Hi jimiadegbite,

How long did you wait before you got into detroit INS? I was told to be there 4 hours before interview time? Was your officer Lewis??

Could you give us more details? What did you bring with you?

Thanks.

interview was for 8.30am. I got there at 7.45 and was called in at 8.00. Officer's name was Casterline. Very friendly and nice.

INS basically wanted to confirm my employment 'cause I had submitted 2 I-140 during the processing of my i485.

Could not get stamped that day 'cause no records of fingerprinting for me - my wife was fine. Hopefully in a few days.

Did I551 - Card process -

The officer said I should get the approval notice in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jimiadegbite

We had our interview on the same date as u but diff time..same officer and same problem as u'rs........no fingerprint records for me but wifes' records were fine........

Did the officer give any details on why the problem with no fingerprint records???and did he say when u can expect to get the approval??

Received approval letter today

Received Approval letter for myself and spouse
today from Local Detroit INS Office.

CaseDetails :
I485 RD 10/25/01

Case Transferred to local INS Jan 17 2003

Local INS interview : March 10 2003

Approval letter received : 03/13/2003

Good Luck Guys..
Venus

Hi Venus

Which officer interviewed you.... ?
Was there any issue regarding FBI name check ? 'cause that is what seems to be delaying my approval !

Keep me posted Thanks

Should I go to DTW office?

Dear all dtw's

My case transfred on 03/07/03. No notice from DTW what should i do. I called they said won't give any info over the phone. How much time still for the interview?

experts come back and advice. do not leave us alone... smiles and good luck...

RD 10/01

Indian EB2

Congratulations Jimiadegbite

Did u do anything to speed up the process of approval?Also any special stamping experience?
thanx