Transferred to Detroit

I did not do anything special to expedite the approval process. I had done my interview March 3th, 2003 and the delay regarding getting me stamped was the issue of the "FBI NAME CHECK", which was still pending....

Most of the cases not stamped on the day of the interview... had issues regarding the "FBI Name check...

My opinion...

So I guess most approvals after the interview are subject to FBI name check results... If the results of the "check" returns fast then petitions will be approved fast...

Stamping process was pretty straight forward...
The whole process was about 10 minutes...
They requested for copies of EAD and all I-94...
and said we should get the Green Card within 1 year. However, most of the transferees have been getting their cards within 5 weeks of stamping.

I had Detroit ins GC interview today
RD Nov 8th,2001
ND Nov 29,2001
EB2, Nebraska
No rfe
Transferred April 4th 2003
Int date May 2nd 2003

Interview went fine and all documents requested for me and my wife were submitted. Officer said a decision will be sent in 2 weeks. Does anyone know a time frame for the letters will come. Thanks
my officer name was Sullivan.

Hi Experts...

As per AVM. file transferred to Detroit BCIS on 5/03. How long do u think would I receive any notice from NSC for transfer to detroit or my attorney would get it? Also, what are the usual questions asked in the interview? What could be the reason for transfer? Please let me have your all inputs. It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajju

You should get a notice within one week, about the transfer...from Nebraska (NSC)
All correspondence from now on, will be at the local INS office..(EAD Renewal, Advance Parole, status check etc)

Most employment-based interview is usually regarding recent marriage, confirmation of employment.. (or indication of fraud...)

Interview should be within 2 to 3 months....

What they asked for...

recent employment letter...(I'd advice you to take most recent paystub and tax returns...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgent, Please Help

Hello,
Me and my wife are having I485 interview at BCIS local office on June'10.
For some emergency reason we have to travel to India on June'13. We bought the tickets also for June'13.
My question is: If suppose we are not approved on the same day itself during the interview then can we get Advance parole from the local office on the same day itself. Or what are the other possible ways to get emergency travel document so that there won't be any problem while reentering USA.
Currently I am on H1B and don't have Advance Parole.

Please advice.

If your H1 is valid till the date you intend to enter USA and if you have not used your EAD, do not worry. You can enter USA using your H1. But if you have used EAD to work, you will need an approved AP before you leave USA. You can try for an AP approval but BCIS does not consider any personal reasons except humanitarian, for urgency. It all depends on the IIO.:)

My wife's case has been transferred to Detroit ON June 4

My case has been approved on June 2, but my wife's case
has been transferred to Detroit on June 4

does any one knows any recent time frame for Detroit
interview time

Any recent transfer case, please let's share the information

thanks

Transf to INS_DETROIT

My case in approved by INS-Neb on May 05 (I'm the primary).
My wife case is transfered to local INS Detroit on May-07.03.

NO call letters from INS for interview yet :(

Q's for experts.

1. Understand average wait time is 2-months for interview.
Any guess as I crossed 2-months frame.

2. My wife is outside country (she is in india on AP). Does this hold the case?

3. I'm moving to Columbus, OHIO by end of this month. Worried about the address change options. Any ideas on what exactly I shld do? (Can i hold my mail for 1-month, expecting an call letter from INS for interview )

Thanks for your inputs

You can got to Detroit INS to check the status

kk2003

My wife's case also transferred to Detroit on June 6, and
got 2nd finger print notice from Detroit INS on June 13,
we haven't received interview notice yet.

You can goto Detroit INS to check the status, you will get
info about the case

I plan to check case status for my wife by end of this month
if no interview notice by then

Thx nasdaqplus

Thanks for the info. I shall check with INS-DTW. Do we hv togo in person or can we call them?

Please update me, if u recv any letter from INS-DTW. I shall update u with any info frm my end

thanks a bunch

KK:

You can call them. Mine and my wife's case has also been transferred to detroit INS. I called and left a message on their voice mail and they responded back within few hours.

Rajju