Transferred for interview to Los Angeles

vineet26

Registered Users (C)
Hello All
Just received mail from USCIS, that my and mine spouses cases has been transferred to Los Angeles office fir interview.

On June 5, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LOS ANGELES, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LOS ANGELES, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I have changed jobs after 180 days of filing I-485 in approved I-140, and have changed the address a couple of times in the last 2 years (since I have filed the I-485), I guess that is the reason for the Interview......

We are planning to go to India for a vacation in the June end coming back in July end, so I am worried about the interview being scheduled while we are not here.

Does any one know how long it takes for the interview to be scheduled?

Thanks in advance

Vineet
EB-3, India, WAC021385XXXX
I-485 RD 03/18/2002
FP2: 01/07/04
date transferred for interview 06/07/04

Hey dude

Are you also a eb-3 case, and has your interview not been scheduled yet?
is there a number where we can call to inquire about the case status, I called the national service centre, they had no news and said we can only wait to hear from the district office.

Vineet

Hi,

I have been waiting since 1yr and I haven't received any news from them. I did get one EAD from that office.

Files transferred to LA office last 9/03.....wrong.

My I485 was transferred to LA office last 9/03 from CSC.

When nothing happened when the JIT became current, I went to LA office using Infoline and talked to IIO.

She said my files are at NSC, Missuori, and never in LA despite the letter claiming it was transferred.

So i have to request the files from NRC and wait a long time again for the scheduled interview.

I will not trust the online records as well as the official letters. I will go to LA office regularly to make sure they don't lost my files.

does anyone know if it matters

my case was transfered to LA office on 7/20. I want to know if it matters that my DL's address doesn't match the address in my 485 file. Thanks.

got interview notice

Hi Guys,

Just to let everyone know that I got an interview notice yesterday scheduled for Oct. 18, 2004 at 8am at L.A. office. Notice requires me to bring W2s, fed income tax returns, I have to do my medical again, and evidence of shared life with my husband (got married in the middle of all these things), passports, EADs. Will let you know what happens...I hope this is the end of it. :)

Xpadre,
My Lawyer informed me that I dont need to do my medical again.
Once you submit the medicalat the time of filing ,unless they specifically ask you to do a specific test, you dont need to get it done.
Also It is form of standard letter.
They asked me to bring,
appt letter
evl
from me and my spouse
proof that we cohabit together :) ( as if proof of my 3 yrs old son in not enuff)

Below it says it would be a good idea to get w2 /income tax returns etc

vineet26,
If you already did your medicals when you initially filed your I-485, you won't have to do them again. They are valid for as long as your case is pending. Consult with your lawyer before you spend money going through the medicals again.

Al_aos said:
Xpadre,
My Lawyer informed me that I dont need to do my medical again.
Once you submit the medicalat the time of filing ,unless they specifically ask you to do a specific test, you dont need to get it done.
Also It is form of standard letter.
They asked me to bring,
appt letter
evl
from me and my spouse
proof that we cohabit together :) ( as if proof of my 3 yrs old son in not enuff)

Below it says it would be a good idea to get w2 /income tax returns etc

Al,

I told my lawyer that I'm done with the medical but he said that for some reason CSC failed to forward my sealed medical docs to LA office that is why LA is requesting for another medical. Did you get any appt notice yet?

My lawyer said it is a standard letter they send to applicants .
if you have done your medical,you dont need to do it again.
But you should go with what your lawyer says.
appt first week of october.
I will know before you.so I can tell you what to expect

XPadre,
I agree with Al Aos; if your lawyer is telling you that medicals may have not been forwarded, then do them again. I just find it frustrating that you'll have to spend the money again when medicals are now valid until the I-485 is adjudicated.

See the following link:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693ExtMem10804.pdf

I have my interview on the 23rd. I wasn't asked to bring Medicals.

Al_aos

I think it's a standard letter... I did submit my medical already and it's checked mark on the form... Then there's another checklist on the back of other things you should bring with you in case the officer ask for it . For example if it's employment based W2's, paystub, approved I-140, etc

passport, drivers license, i-94, ead, evl, spouse etc...

Let us know. What documents they ask from you and questions. Any tips will be greatly appreciated....

O2045,
A couple of documents which surprised me were he wanted to see the copy of the Business licence and copy of the lease of the premises.
when is your interview. do keep me updated