transfer without approval

Indian11

Guys,

Can one transfer a H1-B to another company when H1-B approval is still pending ? i.e if one has not yet got the notice of approval is it possible to transfer with only the receipt notice ? This is a new application, never had H1 before. i.e h4->h1

Can one transfer a H1-B to another company when H1-B approval is still pending ? i.e if one has not yet got the notice of approval is it possible to transfer with only the receipt notice ? This is a new application, never had H1 before. i.e h4->h1

If this is your first H1B and it is in processing stage, then NO, you cannot transfer the H1B since you do NOT have one approve yet. Only when you have an Approve H1B can you transfer employment

hiransarva said:
I got my h1 approvel 2 day ago. when can I apply for my H1b transfer...
Once yo have the approval and you have your i797 in hand, then YES, you can start the transfer process. You will need to provide a copy of all your original documents, passport, as well as the approved i797 form to your new employer

hiransarva said:
I got my h1 approvel 2 day ago. when can I apply for my H1b transfer...

Next minute. (Hope you have original approval notice or copy with you, having WAC/LIN number)

h1b transfer help needed !!

Great !! :) Thanks for ur reply. I have few questions ?? How do I start my H1 transfer. How much it will cost me? Will my present company will know that I i am trying for a other job. Is that a Fast process for H1 transfer. Few of my friends are saying that I can only transfer after nov 2005 meaning that I have to work & get 3 or 4 paystubs from the company who filed my H1b. Is this true. I need help Cas I present company will not pay me what they gave in H1. Not even 50 % ..Can u help me in these questions ??? :confused:

Hi Great Guru,

I have me H1b approvel papers. but what is WAC/LIN number ??

Thanks for all ur help !! :)

Regards
Hiran

hiransarva said:
Hi Great Guru,

I have me H1b approvel papers. but what is WAC/LIN number ??

Thanks for all ur help !! :)

Regards
Hiran

In the H1 approval notice

Left side one inch below from the top edge, in the first box is "Recipt Number"
This number start with LIN-O5-125-23450 or WAC-05-126-23451 depends on the service center.

Great !! Thanks for ur reply. I have few questions ?? How do I start my H1 transfer. How much it will cost me? Will my present company will know that I i am trying for a other job. Is that a Fast process for H1 transfer. Few of my friends are saying that I can only transfer after nov 2005 meaning that I have to work & get 3 or 4 paystubs from the company who filed my H1b. Is this true. I need help Cas I present company will not pay me what they gave in H1. Not even 50 % ..Can u help me in these questions ???

hiransarva said:
Great !! Thanks for ur reply. I have few questions ?? How do I start my H1 transfer. How much it will cost me?

The procedure is same as of a new H1. Attorney fees also same.

Will my present company will know that I i am trying for a other job.
No. (Give your company info, I will inform Hiransarva is going to quit . Kidding)

Is that a Fast process for H1 transfer.

If you pay $ 1000 more for premimum process you will get your results with in 15 days.
Few of my friends are saying that I can only transfer after nov 2005 meaning that I have to work & get 3 or 4 paystubs from the company who filed my H1b. Is this true.
Not true

I need help Cas I present company will not pay me what they gave in H1. Not even 50 % ..Can u help me in these questions ???

Choice is yours. If you want to listen your great friends and get 50% pay or 0% pay, up to you. Or you want to face challenges in your life
???

Isn't it illegal to pay less, than they specified in application for H1?
Sounds pretty illegal to me ) I'm sure they CANNOT do it by law. Tell them about it )