Transfer to Philly

No Title

Local Transfers to Philly:

I have been advised by someone on immitracker.com (actually by myladoor- the immigration boss!) that I should seek Congressman help. Such intervention has worked in past.

No Title

This is my sister\'s story.

Her EB-2, New-based I-485 case (ND May 99)was transferred from INS Vermont to INS Philadelphia on August 3, 2000. No reason was specified, but the notification letter stated that an interview will be needed to complete her immigration process. At the time, her lawyer advised her that the average waiting time was 6 months and no inquires about the case could be made until that time expires. At the end of November however, at my sister\'s insistence, a letter was sent to the director of INS Philadelphia asking about the status of the file. It is unclear if this helped or not, but on December 25, 2000 the interview letter finally came setting June 1, 2001 as the interview date. The letter did not specify any documents to be brought in at the interview, just a standard interview letter for I-485 cases with a handwritten date and hour on it.

The interview occurred yesterday. After going through the preliminaries (swearing in, name, address, criminal record, etc.) the officer pointed out that a certain document was missing from the immigration file. Once that document was provided, the interview was over, passport stamped, overall a ten minute thing, including the time it took the officer to complete the paper work for the green card. She was not interested in seeing any of the other stuff my sister prepared (employment letters, W-2, recommendation letters, etc.) The lawyer was present, but did not intervene.

I hope this helps all of you still waiting to hear from INS Philadelphia. Good luck!

No Title

Catalina: Thank you for your detailed reply. The timeline you have mentioned is not encouraging, but it gives us some idea of wait time.

No Title

Congressman- No use!!!

My Congressman also got the same bull from Philly INS... it will take from 10-12 months! Philly INS sucks!!!!

No Title

Good News!

I did get the interview notice from Philly INS. The interview is on July 25th... exactly 3 months after my case was transferred. It looks like my appeal to congressman worked....although, the response recvd by congressman was not encouraging!!!

No Title

Hi everyone who have been transferred to Philly!

I\'m in the same boat with you, guys. My case is Philippines EB3, AC21 180 days rule (Thanks goodness, we now have a memo), PD=Current since applied for I485, ND 01/25/2000.

I was transferred to Philly from VT on May 22. That\'s the last message in their AVM. Got the notice 2 weeks after that.

I received the interview notice (typewritten but with hand-written portions: what a means of sending such an important document). The date is same as you, hanumanji: July 25. 2001 at 1:00 pm.

Questions:

1. Do I need to bring my dependent kids? I have two H4 kids.
2. What could be the reason why we\'ve been transferred? Most EB3s I know got their approval in VT with no interviews.
3. Is it possible that upon interview, stamping is done at the same time? So we need to bring the official photos?

Guys, I hope everyone of us will be approved. Hanu, make sure you have a sound sleep on July 24. Cheers, everyone!

No Title

As far as I know, you don\'t have to bring minor kids. However, I will recommend that you do take them to the interview.

Reason for transfer: Don\'t try to speculate... my lawyer\'s advise. More than likely random selection as a part of INS quality assurance.

Stamping is done on the same date (90+% cases). so, please bring your photographs along.

Good luck to you too.