• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Transfer of Case

ammeck09

Registered Users (C)
I've two friends who has won the lottery. One is married with no children and the other with a child. They both live in the UK as students but with their families back home in Africa. They wants to know if it will be possible to do their interview in the UK and later transfer their families case's to the African countries where their families live.

What I know is that all family members must be present during the interview. I'm of the view that it could be done but I'm not all that sure. Please, could members comment on this for me?

As I know all principle applicants and family members need to show up at interview day at the same post (Embassy). Some exception on the case that family members can't go to post because of illness or emergency circumstance is possible, But principle must appear that day.
- If you can't go at day of interview, you are able to ask for another appointment date. But you need to inform them earlier. They often approve this if you give them reliable reason.
- You can change interview place if you want. But this change can cause your case under-administrative processing sometime.
Oh, don't play around or take a risk. Let's follow the simple rule of lottery you'll do fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing. There is hardly any job in USA these days. Even citizens are sitting idle. So don't think grass is greener on the other side of the fence. If you have a job in another country don't resign. Take a vacation, come here and experience the job market. Then decide. Otherwise your American dream may become another nightmare. My 2 cents.

ammeck09, doing that would lead to unncessary complications and may result in delays that would end up in the loss of the lottery opportunity.

There are many people in previous years who had similar situations. They filed CP in their home country and went back to the country close to the interview date (e. g about 2 weeks) to do medicals, get police report and do the actual interview.

That way they get to do the interview together with their family. The rest of the family can get their police report and medicals ahead of the prinicpal applicant (including other documents)

One more thing. There is hardly any job in USA these days. Even citizens are sitting idle. So don't think grass is greener on the other side of the fence. If you have a job in another country don't resign. Take a vacation, come here and experience the job market. Then decide. Otherwise your American dream may become another nightmare. My 2 cents.

man maybe ur right abt work , but god give people a chance the USA is not all urs its for everyone and people ahve the right to dream abt the greener grass and have the right to do anything , just if u mean it as an advice then appreciate that but if ur trying that oh no work n stuff n people r dying , no sir i live in tx and am all doing well , so yeah dont try to quit ur job , but the usa is the land of opportunities
yes sir land of opportunities

GOD BLESS AMERICA