TRANSFER might be CSC's backlog reduction plan !?

Re: Re: Could it be family based cases?

Originally posted by kashmir
In my understanding, family based ones didn't file I-485 at CSC.They must be randomly picked up.
True family based cases don't apply to CSC, they apply to NSC if I am not mistaken.

I would seriously like to know the criteria for the transfer! It is something that the INS should be transparent about since based upon the criteria all the adjustee's will get a better idea as to where they stand. And all the district offices should put forth their idea as to how they plan to tackle this problem ASAP.

It is not that I am against transfers, as long as there is some thought process involved in instanciating it. As compared to just to spread the backlog over more offices so the backlog doesn't seem as big initially!

Hello kashmir

How does the local district office will consider the receipt notice date, Is it I-485 receipt notice date or case transferred from CSC or other service centers to local district office transferred date ?

Today I have checked the my case It has been transferred to Dallas, TX district office

My case I-485 details
RD: 12/03/2001
ND: 12/06/2001
1st RFE sent date: 10/26/2003
1st RFE replied date: 11/14/2003
Online status change (Transferred) date: 12/19/2003

It looks like Dallas, TX I-485 Receipt Notice date is
Sep 2002

So I'm confused which date they follow Is it regular I-485 notice date or Transfer date?

Could you please share your thoughts?

--ypkumar

Originally posted by ypkumar
Hello kashmir

How does the local district office will consider the receipt notice date, Is it I-485 receipt notice date or case transferred from CSC or other service centers to local district office transferred date ?

Today I have checked the my case It has been transferred to Dallas, TX district office

My case I-485 details
RD: 12/03/2001
ND: 12/06/2001
1st RFE sent date: 10/26/2003
1st RFE replied date: 11/14/2003
Online status change (Transferred) date: 12/19/2003

It looks like Dallas, TX I-485 Receipt Notice date is
Sep 2002

So I'm confused which date they follow Is it regular I-485 notice date or Transfer date?

Could you please share your thoughts?

--ypkumar
Hi, ypkumar,
I am not a right person to answer your question.

But, it seems transferred date, however, I believe it is unfair and it should be I-485 recept notice date.

Somebody may give you a right answer.

kASHMIR

I am not able to open .csv.zip files.

1. Could you suggest how to overcome OR
2. Could you use another extension. xls/txt

Re: kASHMIR

Hi, shreya;
> I am not able to open .csv.zip files.
> 1. Could you suggest how to overcome OR

Unzip it at first.

> 2. Could you use another extension. xls/txt

I don't have Excel.

this weekend scan completed - Project Kashmir/Anaconda

Project Kashmir/Anaconda completed this weekend scan.
I have not summarized the number(s) yet,
but the number of transferred cases this week is much smaller than the number of previous week.
However, it seems a little bit bigger than the number of previous months.

The trend of lots of transfers was not confirmed, but we still need to pay attention for a while.
-kashmir
Originally posted by kashmir
This weekend scan of Project Kashmir was completed last night.
I checked the result quickly this morning.

Here is the number of transfers.
Code:
116 - Sep 2003
168 - Oct 2003
215 - Nov 2003
689 - Dec 2003 as of 12/12/2003

44 - 1st week of Dec 2003
645 - 2nd week of Dec 2003

Kashmir how about making a comparison between numbers of touched cases and numbers of transferred cases. I mean do we have the same ratio between them. Perhaps CSC touched more cases in December that’s way more percentage of transferred cases. May be they have the rule to transfer 10-15% of all cases to local service center.

Hello,
My ND is 12/23/2002 and I do not see WAC03-068-5$$$$ in your Project Kashmir reports. The message on the USCIS online check says Fingerprint review results received on July 17, 2003 and nothing else after that. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

This burst of transfer activity may be explained
by this (http://www.murthy.com/ukcscupd.html) :

> The CSC indicated that they are in the process of trying to
> make an initial identification of cases that need to have
> interview at the local office. If successful, the cases would
> then be transferred to the local office upon receipt, rather
> than remaining with CSC for many months, only to be sent to
> the local office for decision. We believe that this should be
> helpful in terms of reducing the backlogs.

The CSC had transferred a lot of cases to district offices at the second week of December 2003,
but according to Project Kashmir, we have not seen such a batch of transfers after that.