Traking DOL list for California due to 245I Part 3

No Title

Guys-
Can anyone please confirm whether the latest approvals that we saw in the last 2 weeks were based on the transfer date or the RD?.
I assume that the DOL is based on the RD, but there was a table some days ago which showed the approx estimate of the timeline, was that table based on the Transfer Date or the RD?.
-Thanks.

RIR case converted to Regular

Hi,
Got to know my friend\'s case (working for a big company)
being transferred to SESA back for regular processing.
Looks like the new rule is starting to get materialized.

Any more updates from anybody ??

Thanks

RE:RIR case converted to Regular

Hi, gc__aspirant

Pls clarify:
Did this company lay off people w/in last 6 months?
Did DOL send them NF prior to sending docs back to SESA?

Thanks!

DoubleA

Hello Everyone!
I am not new to this board, but I have never posted any messages. The reason I decided to do it is because the mood of the board became very discouraging and it just doesn\'t help anybody. I know how frustrated we all are, but let\'s try to be considerate of each other and HELPFUL. I will start with myself by telling you what I know/think of DOL processing. 1. They had a meeting about two weeks ago (right after the memo was introduced) with lawyers. Based on what I learned from my lawyer who attend the meeting, no major changes were going to happened at SF DOL. It is all about good faith recruitment. When DOL sends a case back to SESA in most cases that means that there had not been conducted enough recruitment. When SESA originally transfers paperwork to DOL, it notifies a lawyer about potential problems at DOL. So you guys might want to contact your lawyers to find out if that was applicable to your case.
2. Re: DOL automated e-mail system. I think- and it\'s a pure speculation- DOL shut down its automated system. I think b/c it got abused big time by people anxious to know where DOL was standing.

Finally, I suggest we all talk to our lawyers if possible to find out about new development- if any- at DOL and then post our findings. Just the facts! And...Let\'s try to stay positive!

RE:RIR case converted to Regular

Yes, They had a massive layoff (not in last 6mo, but before that).
He did not get query at SESA level, but at DOL. he got this
and not only him, all of the cases of that company got the
same query. His attorney has suggested that they have 3 options:
1. Reply to the DOL\'s query and fight the case, and
   if approved, GREAT, else if denied then you can not apply for another 6 months.
2. Move to Regular (Not sure but he probably can retain the priority date)
3. Withdraw application and apply again after 6 months (lose PD)

As per his attorney\'s comments, it is advisable to go for
Regular.

I do not intend to misled anybody but i am sharing some info
which i got, of course each case/company could be treated
differently. Like, in my case, i got query from SESA and i
am still stuck at DOL.

We all need tons of Good Luck !!!!

Tx

No Title

Hi GC_aspirant,
                Which state is your friend in and is he in a software
related jod. Thanks.

fight while being positive

As DoubleA suggest, I do hope all here are positive and also do best we can for our rights. The following are the two California Senators\' websites and the letter I wrote to them. Guys, please improve the letter in your way and send out to some \'powerful and hopefully useful\' persons.

www.senate.gov/~feinstein/contact.html
www.senate.gov/~boxer/contact/index.html

Like INS, DOL (Department of Labor) also plays an important role in immigration. Currently, Labor cerificate (especially RIR cases) processing at DOL is very very very slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. On January 9th, 2002, DOL (San Francisco Center) was processing cases received on October 9th, 2001. Now, April 8th, they stay at November 2nd, 2001. They used 3 months to proceed 23 days, and they didn\'t move at all for last two weeks. We call DOL \'snail department\', and unfortunately call Ms. Chao \'snail lady\'. INS is \'worse than useless\', DOL is going that way too although DOL is often \'forgotten\' by media and majority.

First, at state level, SESA used \'245i\' as a delay excuse. Now, DOL (SF center) use \'staff shortage\' as excuse and have used it for near two months.

Anyway, LC applicants are being treated riduculously, ruhtlessly, ...

Please, as a Senator, at your earliest convenience, criticize and rush DOL and Ms. Chao. Ms. Chao really did a very bad job. Since she took the office, DOL has been getting worse and worse.

Best regards,

A H-1B and LC applicant in Sillicon Valley

Pls be careful with letters

The letter is simply rude and confusing. It is better not to write anything then to write letters like that.

Knowledge

Good Morning All! I hope that you are having a very good one indeed!!
I don\'t know how helpful this going to be for you, guys, but here is what I have done. I spent weeks after the memo was introduced researching the memo, the labor market and occupational employment. Man, I now know more there is to know about employment, unemployment, the most and least cyclical industries, etc. The reason I did it was to see where I was positioned in regards to the recent memo. I wanted to make sure that if somebody gave me options, I would choose the right one. It is very important to have a good lawyer, but it is also imperative to do the homework. There are tons of relevant documentation available. Knowledge is Power!!
As far as the letter idea goes, no offense(seriously!), but if something like the letter posted goes out, it wouldn\'t do us any good. On contrary, it would make a lot of people very unhappy about us. Ignorant, rude, disrespectful, demanding immigrants- that\'s what they will think.

No Title

Why people are so silent in this group???

silent readers...come on....speak out

Let\'s share our experiences...encourage ourselves !!!

Where does OR resident LC go for DOL approval

Hi, My attorney told me that my LC has been approved at state level (Oregon) on April/1/2002 and sent for Federal/regional level for approval. I understand that federal level clearance for OR state is at California. Is it correct.

Ramlena, What are the details !!

Hi, Just to track where the OR is processing could you tell us what your PD was, your Category (RIR or non RIR; EB2 or EB3) ?. And my understanding is that the OR LCs use to go to Seattle for DOL processing but now they go to San Francisco DOL.

No Title

Guys,

Its time to keep track of other data too. here is the link which shows about un-employement data for CA. this is one of the important factor. CA state has released data for FEB and march data is due on april 12th. hope un-employement will goes down.

http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/lfmonth/0202pcou.txt

My details-- Any comments ...

When do you think this might be through,,,

PD 07/20 -- RIR EB2 -- Los Angeles, CA. 133XXX

Thanks,