Traffic tickets and naturalization (threads merged)

rchary said:
I called USICS around 08/15 and they said wait for 120 days and then call.

Interesting.. what number did you call? 1-800 one? I think your case is at your local INS office so you can't really call them. In my opinion Infopass is the way to go.

allright,even though i hate to venture into topics like traffic tickets,i feel i need to clear my stand when a false assumption is made.Because this is a question of all the years a person has put in.
In this era where we are constanly facing the threat of terrorist attacks and innocent applicants being targeted and victimised for simple mistakes is one thing every person is aware of.
Yes,everyone has forgotten 911,i pray it doesnt but future is pretty uncertain and we face another calamity tomorrow.The backlash on the immigrant community is imminent from all channels whether it is govt organisations or citizens.
The best example is that of a person who either got deported for failing to file for ar11.We all know ar11 is a simple thing.No one cares of ar11,infact a lot of ppl never bother to file for ar11.That particular person probably had the same thing in mind when he applied,but look at the price he had to pay.
At these days,do you really want to take a chance?
I mean all it costs you is less than a minute to check yes and fill out the citation section in the application and a trip to your local court house.
On the contrary look at the op who did the right thing by declaring it on n400 and but failed to heed to tons and tons of postings here by other members to get proof to submit at theinterview...Look at all the tension it has caused him.
Do you really want to take a chance with the law?

Last edited by a moderator:
query11. said:
allright,even though i hate to venture into topics like traffic tickets,i feel i need to clear my stand when a false assumption is made.Because this is a question of all the years a person has put in.
In this era where we are constanly facing the threat of terrorist attacks and innocent applicants being targeted and victimised for simple mistakes is one thing every person is aware of.
Yes,everyone has forgotten 911,i pray it doesnt but future is pretty uncertain and we face another calamity tomorrow.The backlash on the immigrant community is imminent from all channels whether it is govt organisations or citizens.
The best example is that of a person who either got deported for failing to file for ar11.We all know ar11 is a simple thing.No one cares of ar11,infact a lot of ppl never bother to file for ar11.That particular person probably had the same thing in mind when he applied,but look at the price he had to pay.
At these days,do you really want to take a chance?
I mean all it costs you is less than a minute to check yes and fill out the citation section in the application and a trip to your local court house.
On the contrary look at the op who did the right thing by declaring it on n400 and but failed to heed to tons and tons of postings here by other members to get proof to submit at theinterview...Look at all the tension it has caused him.
Do you really want to take a chance with the law?

Once again your comment does not make any sense also misleading! Can you give me an example of not filing AR11 causing deportation? This is what a previous memeber used to cook all in his imagination, and now you inherit it. If the person got deported, it must not only be the AR11, don't you agree?

And that is not even revelant here. AR 11 is a requirement to file, while traffice ticket is not a requirement. So there will not be any issue whatsoever. No law is even involved so "take a chance with the law" is simply out of context here.

The issue here is delay caused by filing unnecessary things. Evetually this person will get naturalized, regardless of his status of traffic ticket (because it is not a factor in N400 consideration), but in this particular case, at the expense of extensive delays.

But, if he choosees not to pay ticket, and then get suspension of DL, and lead to arrest. That will be an issue. This again prove my point that only "DUI and Arrest and other serious crime" is relevant here.

I hope the lesson of delay due to filing unnecessary information is best exemplified in this thread.

naturalizer123 said:
Once again your comment does not make any sense also misleading! Can you give me an example of not filing AR11 causing deportation? This is what a previous memeber used to cook all in his imagination, and now you inherit it. If the person got deported, it must not only be the AR11, don't you agree?

And that is not even revelant here. AR 11 is a requirement to file, while traffice ticket is not a requirement. So there will not be any issue whatsoever. No law is even involved so "take a chance with the law" is simply out of context here.

The issue here is delay caused by filing unnecessary things. Evetually this person will get naturalized, regardless of his status of traffic ticket (because it is not a factor in N400 consideration), but in this particular case, at the expense of extensive delays.

But, if he choosees not to pay ticket, and then get suspension of DL, and lead to arrest. That will be an issue. This again prove my point that only "DUI and Arrest and other serious crime" is relevant here.

I hope the lesson of delay due to filing unnecessary information is best exemplified in this thread.
naturalizer,the person being denied solely on ar11 was a hughe issue post 911 in 2002...u need to google around and there are plenty of ppl who are aware of this case...
google around i dont have time right now...

query11. said:
naturalizer,the person being denied solely on ar11 was a hughe issue post 911 in 2002...u need to google around and there are plenty of ppl who are aware of this case...
google around i dont have time right now...

I know this case, it is in NC. The case was dismissed without merit and threw out. However you should note that there is something very special about the case, that is why I say not only AR11 is involved. read it more carefully.

naturalizer123 said:
I know this case, it is in NC. The case was dismissed without merit and threw out. However you should note that there is something very special about the case, that is why I say not only AR11 is involved. read it more carefully.

are you happy now?>>>>

Currently, USCIS requires customers to file Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card, to comply with the statutory requirement to report any change of address within tendays.114 No receipt is provided to the customer to indicate the AR-11 has been received and/or processed by USCIS, despite the fact that the customer can be held criminally liable and removed from the United States for failing to file the AR-11.115 Many USCIS customers
presume that by filing Form AR-11 and complying with the statutory requirement, they are updating their address in all records retained by USCIS. However, USCIS does not use Form AR-11 to update customer addresses in its immigration benefits databases. As a result,customers must notify individual USCIS offices separately. However, no language on Form AR-
11, or in the accompanying USCIS website instructions, informs customers of the need to provide such separate notification.

naturalizer123 said:
I dont care who won the case,my point is look at the time tht guy was held in prison over a petty issue.It would have taken him 5 mins to file a AR-11....
The next person could be held over failure to report a citation....Discrimination is a part of our society,whether you like it or not.So better be safe than sorry.

@naturalizer

Second, revocation is available if the person procured naturalization "by concealment of a material fact or by willful misrepresentation." INA § 340(a), 8 U.S.C. § 1451 (a). (3) Denaturalization on this basis "plainly contains four independent requirements: the naturalized citizen must have misrepresented or concealed some fact, the misrepresentation or concealment must have been willful, the fact must have been material, and the naturalized citizen must have procured citizenship as a result of the misrepresentation or concealment." Kungys v. United States, 485 U.S. 759, 767 (1988).

Whichever of these two theories the INS pursues in seeking denaturalization, it must prove the allegations in its complaint "by '"clear, unequivocal, and convincing" evidence which does not leave "the issue in doubt."'" Id. at 781 (citation omitted); see also id. at 772; Fedorenko, 449 U.S. at 505; Polites v. United States, 364 U.S. 426, 435 (1960); Chaunt v. United States, 364 U.S. 350, 355 (1960); Schneiderman v. United States, 320 U.S. 118, 123, 125 (1943). (4)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There is no where uscis states that a applicant does not have to declare citations which is less than 500$...All it states it is that you do not need to provide proof for citations under 500$.
Going by your suggestion,if a applicant does not declare his ticket..chances are
1) it might cause him delay
2)Case can be denied.
3)He can be naturalized,only in a few months time uscis comes back and strip him of his citizenship.>>>again this is highly unlikely,but if you are the unfortunate one chosen,no one can save you.

Again better safe than sorry.

naturalizer123 said:

You state eventually applicant is going to be approved,i agree applicant is eventually going to be approved...
My problem is why that eventuality,why not just declare the tickets and provide proof ...It will get rid of your eventualities and make the case a caertainity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with naturalizer. Looks like query11, as usual misleading members with petty issue. Reminds me someone who used to do such gimmicks a lot in the past.

Naturalizer, re: traffic tickets -- yes, by listing them it means IOs can ask about them . That does *not* mean, you should not list them.

Your logic is that "hey, you are causing more harm for yourself and they don't care anyway". That's really not the point. The point is that you need to answer the question factually and deal with the consequences (which may be delays if you don't have proof and if your IO makes an issue of it). A traffic ticket is a citation -no two ways about it.

I think we can all agree that Ron Gotcher is more of an expert than you are (unless you are an immigration lawyer -- if yes, speak up!). Please see his advice on this thread: http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131&highlight=traffic+tickets

SqlServer said:
I agree with naturalizer. Looks like query11, as usual misleading members with petty issue. Reminds me someone who used to do such gimmicks a lot in the past.
Thank you for your compliments,i dont get offended by personal hits anymore...besides your 3 posts in this fake id has been very informative. :)

query11. said:
Thank you for your compliments,i dont get offended by personal hits anymore...besides your 3 posts in this fake id has been very informative. :)

Looks like, you have started where other guy left. do you want to get banned again?

No, I have not received anything yet. I called the 800 number on the USICS web site. The first operator did not find any information. She transferred me to another guy who said wait for 120 days and then call.

query11. said:
are you happy now?>>>>

Currently, USCIS requires customers to file Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card, to comply with the statutory requirement to report any change of address within tendays.114 No receipt is provided to the customer to indicate the AR-11 has been received and/or processed by USCIS, despite the fact that the customer can be held criminally liable and removed from the United States for failing to file the AR-11.115 Many USCIS customers
presume that by filing Form AR-11 and complying with the statutory requirement, they are updating their address in all records retained by USCIS. However, USCIS does not use Form AR-11 to update customer addresses in its immigration benefits databases. As a result,customers must notify individual USCIS offices separately. However, no language on Form AR-
11, or in the accompanying USCIS website instructions, informs customers of the need to provide such separate notification.

What you list here is a total garbage. Do you have anyone who got deported by not filling AR-11? The only one you cited was threw out and without merit.
So none of the thing you list here is relevant to the topic.

query11. said:
I dont care who won the case,my point is look at the time tht guy was held in prison over a petty issue.It would have taken him 5 mins to file a AR-11....
The next person could be held over failure to report a citation....Discrimination is a part of our society,whether you like it or not.So better be safe than sorry.

What if the mail of AR -11 is lost in the mail, and you will deport that person or put into jail? What you listed here is not petty, the person has other serious matter involved. I suggest that you read the case in its entirety before opining your big mouth.

query11. said:
Second, revocation is available if the person procured naturalization "by concealment of a material fact or by willful misrepresentation." INA § 340(a), 8 U.S.C. § 1451 (a). (3) Denaturalization on this basis "plainly contains four independent requirements: the naturalized citizen must have misrepresented or concealed some fact, the misrepresentation or concealment must have been willful, the fact must have been material, and the naturalized citizen must have procured citizenship as a result of the misrepresentation or concealment." Kungys v. United States, 485 U.S. 759, 767 (1988).

Whichever of these two theories the INS pursues in seeking denaturalization, it must prove the allegations in its complaint "by '"clear, unequivocal, and convincing" evidence which does not leave "the issue in doubt."'" Id. at 781 (citation omitted); see also id. at 772; Fedorenko, 449 U.S. at 505; Polites v. United States, 364 U.S. 426, 435 (1960); Chaunt v. United States, 364 U.S. 350, 355 (1960); Schneiderman v. United States, 320 U.S. 118, 123, 125 (1943). (4)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There is no where uscis states that a applicant does not have to declare citations which is less than 500$...All it states it is that you do not need to provide proof for citations under 500$.
Going by your suggestion,if a applicant does not declare his ticket..chances are
1) it might cause him delay
2)Case can be denied.
3)He can be naturalized,only in a few months time uscis comes back and strip him of his citizenship.>>>again this is highly unlikely,but if you are the unfortunate one chosen,no one can save you.

Again better safe than sorry.

Once again, your intelligence is severely challenged by citing law again, which speaks for crime, arrest, and DUI, but does not related to traffic ticket. By not proving what is not asked, there is nothing to conceal here. So your first point is useless.

Strip of citizenship by a traffic violation? An example maybe? Bet you don't have. It is astounding that we don't know how many times you dream in one day?

Shribuy said:
Naturalizer, re: traffic tickets -- yes, by listing them it means IOs can ask about them . That does *not* mean, you should not list them.

Your logic is that "hey, you are causing more harm for yourself and they don't care anyway". That's really not the point. The point is that you need to answer the question factually and deal with the consequences (which may be delays if you don't have proof and if your IO makes an issue of it). A traffic ticket is a citation -no two ways about it.

I think we can all agree that Ron Gotcher is more of an expert than you are (unless you are an immigration lawyer -- if yes, speak up!). Please see his advice on this thread: http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131&highlight=traffic+tickets

The point is that Traffic ticket is not relevant here, by not listing them, nothing is happening. It is like IO asked you did you eat, you answer I don;t like movies. It is very difficult to see why you don't get it.

query11. said:
You state eventually applicant is going to be approved,i agree applicant is eventually going to be approved...
My problem is why that eventuality,why not just declare the tickets and provide proof ...It will get rid of your eventualities and make the case a caertainity.

The sad thing is by providing unnecessary document, you get delayed. Why not just declare? Still don't get it? Do you know N stands for Naturalization?
You don't report how much you eat everyday on N400. Same is true with traffic ticket.