Tracking status of green card

Swapna Makhijani

My mother arrived in the US on 6 July 2021 on a sb1 visa granted by the US consulate, mumbai. She was told at the airport that she would recieve her gc by mail in a months time. It’s been over 2 months we haven’t recieved gc. On calling the USCIS they want some receipt no. Which we don’t have. Plz advise on how to track gc status

~~ Posted attachment deleted as it contains personal information ~~
~~ Moderator ~~

Last edited by a moderator:

use the receipt number for the immigrant fee payment. If you haven’t paid the immigrant fee then that is why she hasn’t received it. They won’t issue the green card till payment is received.

PS you should never put those personal details on the internet, I have asked a mod to remove the attachment.

on my uscis.gov account i read: "You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of your entry into the United States or within 90 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is received"

Is it possible that someone (like a friend) at the mailing address I gave to the Department of State will receive my green card within 90 days of paying the immigration fee, prior to my arrival?

on my uscis.gov account i read: "You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of your entry into the United States or within 90 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is received"

Is it possible that someone (like a friend) at the mailing address I gave to the Department of State will receive my green card within 90 days of paying the immigration fee, prior to my arrival?
No, not possible. You are not a LPR until after you have entered the US with your IV, so the GC production will not be initiated before then.

Hi @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom Thank you very much for all of your advices since 2019. We received our temporary green card on our passport with my wife! :)
The next step is to pay USCIS immigrant fee of course. But what i'm not sure is :
We will travel in California in January during 10 days for activate our green cards (and plan our futur moving...) but Green cards will not be produced yet?!
Then we will comme back to France and definitively moving in California in March-april 2022.
Can we travel again with the temporary green card on our passport or is it available just one time ?

Thansk you very much.

Adri

Hi @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom Thank you very much for all of your advices since 2019. We received our temporary green card on our passport with my wife! :)
The next step is to pay USCIS immigrant fee of course. But what i'm not sure is :
We will travel in California in January during 10 days for activate our green cards (and plan our futur moving...) but Green cards will not be produced yet?!
Then we will comme back to France and definitively moving in California in March-april 2022.
Can we travel again with the temporary green card on our passport or is it available just one time ?

Thansk you very much.

Adri
I think whar you mean is you received your immigrant visa? You don’t have a temporary green card until you have actually used your visa to enter the US. Once you have entered on your visa, the temporary green card is valid for a year from that date of entry.
You almost certainly won’t get your plastic green cards within 10 days of entry. Production of the plastic card is only triggered when both the immigrant fee has been paid and you have entered using your immigrant visa. You can use your temporary green cards for multiple entries for up to a year.

I think whar you mean is you received your immigrant visa? You don’t have a temporary green card until you have actually used your visa to enter the US. Once you have entered on your visa, the temporary green card is valid for a year from that date of entry.
You almost certainly won’t get your plastic green cards within 10 days of entry. Production of the plastic card is only triggered when both the immigrant fee has been paid and you have entered using your immigrant visa. You can use your temporary green cards for multiple entries for up to a year.
Yes i mean immigrant visa thanks. So we could use our temporary green card to travel back in avril to take the real green card at the mailing adress and begin our american life.
What's the best moment to pay the fee please ?
Also, can we send our appartment and change job before travelling or are there many risk not to have the green card?

Yes i mean immigrant visa thanks. So we could use our temporary green card to travel back in avril to take the real green card at the mailing adress and begin our american life.
What's the best moment to pay the fee please ?
Also, can we send our appartment and change job before travelling or are there many risk not to have the green card?
Best to pay fee just before or just after you activate imo.
change what apartment? In the US?

Best to pay fee just before or just after you activate imo.
change what apartment? In the US?
juste after you activate imo. What is imo please ?
No i mean, put our appartment in France for "sale" in France in order to live in US in april.

Hello! I entered US for the first time with DV in may 25th and USCIS notifies me in june 10th that my GC is being produced. How long shoud I wait to receive it?

Last edited:
Hello,
I've won the DV 2023 and paid the immigration fees in March 2023 and landed in the US in Aug.
It's been more than 90 days and I haven't received my GC yet. When I check my status online, this is what it says: "On March 14, 2023, we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment for your Permanent Resident Card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your Permanent Resident Card. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of your entry into the United States or within 90 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is received. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card, contact the USCIS Contact Center. If you move, go to website to give us your new mailing address."
I also moved so I tried to change my address but it's been rejected 3 times and now am not sure what are my next steps in order to receive the physical GC.
I tried calling USCIS but the machine answers and refers me back to the website and I'm not getting any real answers.
Please advise.
Thank you!