• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

its nice this post is exist
up to now haven't received my GC
my status like this:
Card Mailed:7/3/2017
its been 8 days
there is a ref number but i dont know how to use it
its giving me wrong number in UPS

u r right @SusieQQQ ... but still im putting the ref number and giving me wrong value
could the ref number belong to the uscis mail not the usps mail
ref:_00DG0****._500t****Sa:ref

Card is being produced.
We have approved your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE******************. On July 24, 2017, we ordered your card to be produced. We will mail your card to the address you gave us.

BUT when I checked it again the other day, the date has now been changed to August 26, 2017. (Instead of July 24, 2017, with the same card is being produced message)

I entered US July 11, 2017. I paid for my USCIS fee on June 30 before coming to US.

Has anyone gone through the same situation?
Another question, am I allowed to work without the pr CARD yet? I have a Immigrant visa that says, "temporary I-551 valid for one year"

Hi, I've been on this thread for a long time and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I paid the $220 fee in April and entered the US earlier this month, nearly 2 weeks ago. Using this payment receipt number starting with IOE there has been absolutely NO updates since I made the payment. It just says "payment has been made".

I understand the actual green card can take up to 4 months but shouldn't there be some kind of status change?

Am I supposed to be using the receipt from when I paid the fee at the interview?

Hi, I've been on this thread for a long time and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I paid the $220 fee in April and entered the US earlier this month, nearly 2 weeks ago. Using this payment receipt number starting with IOE there has been absolutely NO updates since I made the payment. It just says "payment has been made".

I understand the actual green card can take up to 4 months but shouldn't there be some kind of status change?

Am I supposed to be using the receipt from when I paid the fee at the interview?

No to both questions. Just need some patience. Nothing at all happens on the GC till you enter irrespective of when you pay. Next update as far as I recall will be when the card goes into production. Last I've heard GCs pretty quick right now, taking around a month at the moment.

Can someone tell me how Chicago airport is as a POE for a DV immigrant? I have read a lot of reviews and 99% are not very good.

Can someone tell me how Chicago airport is as a POE for a DV immigrant? I have read a lot of reviews and 99% are not very good.
Generally the only hassle a DV immigrant faces at POE would be long lines at a busy airport.

Generally the only hassle a DV immigrant faces at POE would be long lines at a busy airport.

Thanks SQQQ. Is Chicago airport that busy? On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being very busy) how would you categorize it? In comparison to say IAD? This family has a 3h and 13 minutes lay-over in Chicago on November 23 (Day after thanksgiving), en route to San Antonio, TX do you think this is sufficient?

Thanks SQQQ. Is Chicago airport that busy? On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being very busy) how would you categorize it? In comparison to say IAD? This family has a 3h and 13 minutes lay-over in Chicago on November 23 (Day after thanksgiving), en route to San Antonio, TX do you think this is sufficient?
Thanksgiving weekend is super busy, and Chicago is a busy airport (I assume you mean O’Hare, not Midway) - not long ago it was the busiest airport in the world, and it’s still the 2nd busiest in the US after Atlanta. So, it’s not going to be quiet. IAD is way down the list of busy airports https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_North_America , but again, it’s going to be a very busy traveling weekend, although the day after thanksgiving won’t be as busy as the Wednesday before or the Sunday after. To be extra safe, make sure you book a ticket all the way through on the same airline website so that if you are delayed somewhere during the transfer - remember you will have to go through immigration, clear customs, re-check your bags and go through security again for your domestic flight - it’ll be easier to rebook the second leg. Many people will tell you to err on the side of caution when doing an immigration plus domestic transfer leg and allow for 4 hours, you may spend an extra hour eating horrid airport food and surfing free WiFi, but that’s still less stressful than trying to rebook a missed flight.

Could anyone who has entered and activated their LPR status more recently share their OS155A online status change and GC production timeline from POE date to GC received?

My timeline:
- interview and visa pickup: Sept 30th
- POE: Oct. 15th
- CPO: Oct. 28th
- GC mailed: Oct. 30th
- GC received: Oct. 31st.

Because technically after 6 months you are "seeking readmission"....I don't have the time now to look for it but it's on one of the DoS sites. Nevertheless I've never heard an actual case of it being an issue, whereas I have been grilled after less than 6 months absence on one occasion....bottom line is take nothing for granted and always ensure you can demonstrate that you haven't abandoned residency.

Hi @SusieQQQ , I'd like to have your opinion on my situation:

I activated my GC in November 2020, then came back to my home country (Belgium) to tie up loose ends. Due to my notice period at work and other private reasons, I can't move to the states before July 2020. That's 8 months since the activation trip.

I now have 2 options:
1- Go to the US in April for holidays. By showing up, I reset the timer. BUT they might not like the fact that I'm leaving the country again.
2- I just wait and go in July. Do you think I will be grilled at my entry ? It's my first time after the activation, so I expect them to understand that, and it's only 8 months...

Any input will help,
Thanks

Hi @SusieQQQ , I'd like to have your opinion on my situation:

I activated my GC in November 2020, then came back to my home country (Belgium) to tie up loose ends. Due to my notice period at work and other private reasons, I can't move to the states before July 2020. That's 8 months since the activation trip.

I now have 2 options:
1- Go to the US in April for holidays. By showing up, I reset the timer. BUT they might not like the fact that I'm leaving the country again.
2- I just wait and go in July. Do you think I will be grilled at my entry ? It's my first time after the activation, so I expect them to understand that, and it's only 8 months...

Any input will help,
Thanks

obviously you mean November 2019 :)

you can do either. you may get grilled on either, or you may not, in either case, but at the end of the day it’s just a bit of unpleasantness with no real implication. Ultimately the only practical difference will be if you are interested in applying for naturalization as soon as you are able, in which case the first option is better (as you will not break the residence clock by a >6 month absence).

obviously you mean November 2019 :)

you can do either. you may get grilled on either, or you may not, in either case, but at the end of the day it’s just a bit of unpleasantness with no real implication. Ultimately the only practical difference will be if you are interested in applying for naturalization as soon as you are able, in which case the first option is better (as you will not break the residence clock by a >6 month absence).

haha yes Nov 2019 :)
Great, that's what I thought, I'll probably go for option 1 as I am indeed interested in becoming a citizen!, and hope they will be nice with me at the airport! Thanks a lot!!!

haha yes Nov 2019 :)
Great, that's what I thought, I'll probably go for option 1 as I am indeed interested in becoming a citizen!, and hope they will be nice with me at the airport! Thanks a lot!!!
What did you finally do? Did you have problems when you get in?

I am in a similar situation. I have the interview in July, and although we were originally going to go in August or September, for personal reasons our circumstances have changed. Now we don't think we will be able to go to stay permanently until March or so.

We plan to activate the visa in November or December ( we know we have time until January 15, 6 months from the medicals, we have scheduled them for mi July). Return to our home country and finally enter permanently in March or so. Can that be done? Will we have problems on entry because it will have been 8 months since the interview and 3-4 since activation? Or are these totally normal timeframes?

What do you and @SusieQQQ mean by ”get grilled”? Thanks for your time :)

What did you finally do? Did you have problems when you get in?

I am in a similar situation. I have the interview in July, and although we were originally going to go in August or September, for personal reasons our circumstances have changed. Now we don't think we will be able to go to stay permanently until March or so.

We plan to activate the visa in November or December ( we know we have time until January 15, 6 months from the medicals, we have scheduled them for mi July). Return to our home country and finally enter permanently in March or so. Can that be done? Will we have problems on entry because it will have been 8 months since the interview and 3-4 since activation? Or are these totally normal timeframes?

What do you and @SusieQQQ mean by ”get grilled”? Thanks for your time :)
I had no problems at all. In my opinion, you will be totally fine, these are normal timeframes for a big life changing move. They are usually flexible in the first year you get your green card, they understand you need time to sort out things and make the move.

Hey guys,
Even i am on the same boat. It has been almost 2 months that i am in US with my family, but none of us have received the green card. When i check the status online it usually says :
"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

I even called the immigration office to enquire about our case, but they are also unknown about the case. I provided them the case numbers, they also said that the case number is not recognised.

Last time i called the uscis office and talked to the immigration officer, he told me to wait for 3 more weeks.

Anyone of you guys have had same sort of cases, please share it. I am curious to know .
Surya
Has anyone received their green card after using the ELIS site to pay their fees? If yes, how long did it take after POE? If no, how long have you been waiting? Did you pay before you POE'd or after? I'm trying to get a guesstimate of how long it's taking to receive the green card after using the ELIS site to pay (which I know is a PITA) and if people paid before or after POE.