• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

I was under the impression I94 is for non-immigrants only?
Helo,
Ya I also dont know. But last time when I went she asked for it and I gave her my passport and she didnt ask for it again just told me to come after 3 weeks of POE. So I just thought of asking whether I need it or not. Anyways thnx for ur prompt reply.
Second thing if at all my ssn had been produced and the address was invalid it might be still at the SSA office. So do I have to apply for a new one or what....

Helo,
Ya I also dont know. But last time when I went she asked for it and I gave her my passport and she didnt ask for it again just told me to come after 3 weeks of POE. So I just thought of asking whether I need it or not. Anyways thnx for ur prompt reply.
Second thing if at all my ssn had been produced and the address was invalid it might be still at the SSA office. So do I have to apply for a new one or what....

You should be able to find out where the previously mailed card went. Probably returned to SSA?

Helo everyone,
Finally i got my green card today(it was delivered yesterday and i didnt realise they deliver it on saturdays too) almost in about 26 days of POE. So that is preety quick i guess.
I would like to thank @SusieQQQ for her prompt reply almost instantly. Similarly i would like to thank all those whose posts help me get through all the new stuffs, the supermoderators of this forum whose blog and comments have been very helpful.
Finally i would like to share my experience which may be helpful to some other people.
I paid my visa immigrant fee 1 week prior to my POE and since then my visa status was" On 14th feb 2017 we received your visa immigrant fee for your permanent resident card..........." and this status didnt change even after my POE on 20th feb, dallas as my POE. it was there for almost 12-14 days then my case was updated 3 times within a period of next 7-10 days. The first 2 updates said my case was submitted and the last update said my card was produced and sent to my mailing address. I didnt get any usps tracking address and it just appeared as a regular mail 2 days after the latest update. But i didnt get my ssn. I went to the local SSA office and enquired about my ssn but they asked me to wait for 3 weeks. I applied for it again a week back. Hopefully i get it in this coming week.
My suggestion to everybody as far as possible be very prepared before u fill ur ds 260, dont just think u can unlock it again later so write anything which is gud for sometime and change it later, think of long term and do not unlock the ds 260 unless it is absouletely necessary. The reason is i changed my address and blv me tht address was absolutely fine in ds 260 but it wasnt updated even at the time of interview. At my interview i asked the officer to change it again he did but put the house no incorrect. When i got the brown envelope i immediately noticed the wrong address and they asked me to correct it at POE which i did but guess what he again entered it incorrect. Finally while creating the uscis account i noticed my address to be incorrect and i changed it and mailed it to uscis which they replied tht it has been updated.
Regarding ssn few of my frens also didnt get their ssn so try to personally go n enquire n apply do not wait for it, seems like it is the new trend in the new dv system dont know but be prepared n do not wait for more than 3 weeks.
And the most important thing be patient which many of us are not including myself but we have to coz we got no option.
N guys read the posts in this forum everythings here and everybody is so helpful over here.
Thank u all for ur patience but wanted to share a few details abt my journey which has just started....
Cheers everyone...

That's some interesting points, your green card came fast!

I paid my USCIS fee before my POE, which stated paid as the status, now when I go to track it after I entered the USA it says error. I think this is normal? I'll ring them after two months if it still states error

Hi every body
I have an issue with my status
So every time i try to track my green card i have this message
"
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
  • User-Defined Error
This message has appeared to me for 3 weeks, fees paid since January 26 and I entered on February 10 and I have not yet received my green card.

Help Please

Hi every body
I have an issue with my status
So every time i try to track my green card i have this message
"
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

• User-Defined Error
This message has appeared to me for 3 weeks, fees paid since January 26 and I entered on February 10 and I have not yet received my green card.

Help Please

I have the same problem. I'm not too sure if it's because the status changes to nothing after the activation trip or because when I was doing my activation trip the USCIS website was undergoing maintaince and was down for a couple of days (Around the middle of March 2017).

I enquired on the website and it said if there is no status update to wait 30-45 days after your case is submitted (so I'm assuming from activation) for a status update.

Hi everybody , i just have update in my case :

We have approved your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE******************. On April 23, 2017, we ordered your card to be produced. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

My question is : How much time do I have to wait for the delivery of my green card ?

We have approved your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE******************. On April 23, 2017, we ordered your card to be produced. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

My question is : How much time do I have to wait for the delivery of my green card ?

It shouldn't be long now, they'll update you once it's produced and then a couple more days you should have it..

Probably a few days maximum, it tends to be pretty fast from that point! Did they give you a usps tracking number?

@SusieQQQ
Hi dear susi
I got the message your card is being produced on 15 april
But i didnt recieve anything yet beside
When i want to check my status its gives user defined error now
What is your idea?

@SusieQQQ
Hi dear susi
I got the message your card is being produced on 15 april
But i didnt recieve anything yet beside
When i want to check my status its gives user defined error now
What is your idea?

Hi - sorry, I don't know about the error (you're sure it's the right IOE number?) - I'd suggest wait till end of this week then perhaps you should call uscis info line to follow up.

Yeah im sure about the IOE number until 3 days ago
When i check the status with this number it says
Your card is being produced
Yesterday when i want to check it
Gives error

Hi - sorry, I don't know about the error (you're sure it's the right IOE number?) - I'd suggest wait till end of this week then perhaps you should call uscis info line to follow up.
I see achour had same problem before.
But im impressed its happen for me now on the last days

Yeah im sure about the IOE number until 3 days ago
When i check the status with this number it says
Your card is being produced
Yesterday when i want to check it
Gives error

Wait a couple of days and check. The status should change once the card is produced and it'll show it's been sent to you

Some strange things happen with me, after sending me text messages telling me that my greens cards (mine and my wife) have been validated and that they will be sent by post. Last Friday I received 3 SMS telling me that my box was updated, I entered the site, but I can no longer have any details on the site (user error defined), and today ,i Received my wife's card only, is that normal ???
On the other hand it is me who won the lottery so normally it is my card that will be prepared the first or not?
I paid both cards at the same time.
I entered on ELIS USCIS for the first time, i made the inscription, and voila this I find:
Receipt Number: ****************
Request Type: Pay USCIS Immigrant Fee
Case Received Date: 01/25/2017
Received As: EFile
Status Message: USCIS has produced your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) and mailed it to the address you provided.

Receipt Number: *****************
Status Message: USCIS has accepted your application, petition, or request for processing.

Last edited:
Some strange things happen with me, after sending me text messages telling me that my greens cards (mine and my wife) have been validated and that they will be sent by post. Last Friday I received 3 SMS telling me that my box was updated, I entered the site, but I can no longer have any details on the site (user error defined), and today ,i Received my wife's card only, is that normal ???
On the other hand it is me who won the lottery so normally it is my card that will be prepared the first or not?
I paid both cards at the same time.
I entered on ELIS USCIS for the first time, i made the inscription, and voila this I find:
Receipt Number: ****************
Status Message: USCIS has produced your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) and mailed it to the address you provided.

Receipt Number: *****************
Status Message: USCIS has accepted your application, petition, or request for processing.

Your card should also be on the way, give it a couple of days. There is no particular order of how the cards are produced.

Just a data point:

Fee paid: 3/4/17
POE: 5/26/17
CPO/approved: 7/2/17
Card mailed: 7/6/17
Card received: 7/8/17

MyUSPS didn't send any tracking data and the card mailed message didn't have any tracking data either.

Good luck to all!