Tracking for EB2-NIW with PD Sep 2005 Only

abhuda,

First, let me say that I am sorry to see you and many others who have NIW approved for years and yet no GC in hand - you folks should have had it long time ago. However, citing data from trackitt.com may not help too much here, in my humble opinion - the USCIS can simply say either the data there is not representative enough (which may be true, given the fact that the majority of registered trackitt.com users are Indians who work in the IT industry), or raise the question of the credibility of the data (no way to verify what people posted in an anonymous website). It is sad that the recent I-485 approval pattern has become so random that it is not that different from lottery. One fundamental problem here is that the DOS controls visa# and VB update, whereas USCIS is the agency that process the cases, and these two agencies do not talk to each other (or worse, fight against each other, like the July fiasco last year). What we may emphasize and convince USCIS to look into NIW cases is that since NIWers are not tied to sponsors (employers), so theoretically our cases should be more straightforward than LC-based cases (no need to verify current status with the sponsoring employer, though sometimes (in particular cases with NSC) RFEs are issued to NIWers to check whether they are still working in the same field they claimed in the original petition), and the USCIS (unofficially?) admitted that they would start working on "easier" cases first (a high-ranking official at the USCIS mentioned this, but I cannot find the source right now, sorry). Also, the processing date is just a joke - they pushed dates back so that people cannot raise SR (need to be outside posted processing date for at least 30 days to be eligible) and hopefully fewer people call them as well (what's the purpose of calling if one's PD is not even current?). The USCIS was (as of Aug. 15) and likely still is processing July fiasco cases, based on trackitt.com data (assume people posted authentic dates there) as well as friends' approvals. Just curious: Is your case transferred between service centers (e.g. VSC to TSC, etc)? You probably want to check whether your biometrics (FP and photo) are really in the service center where your case is being processed. Without biometrics, they cannot give you the card even if everything else is good to go. I found this out when I made an Infopass appointment and subsequently a phone call directly to the TSC, and confirmed that my biometrics had not been not uploaded to TSC's system yet, and I did my FP more than 6 months ago! The worst part is that if you did not actively and specifically ask about it, nobody will bother to tell you this and your case will just sitting in the warehouse collecting dust. Good luck!

CD4help,
You can make the changes in the letter/draft and post it here. We all can fax it again. My FP have not expired, I confirmed it, were done last in May 07.
Abhuda

Hello Folks.

I was out of town for the past 2 weeks and came back to find *NO* updates on my case and was wondering if any of you have any new information?
Any results from your letters/faxes?

I just filed my 4th EAD/AP.

Thanks.

I called TSC lately, and was told my FP (05/07)was indeed expired and they will mail me a new notice soon. ...

CD4help,
You can make the changes in the letter/draft and post it here. We all can fax it again. My FP have not expired, I confirmed it, were done last in May 07.
Abhuda

When I had called TSC some time back I was told that my FP would expire and would be required to process my 485 but I also have read on some sites that people get GC and are asked to get FP. One thing we need to know is that this is the only month and we don't know what will happen next month so in next week or so we need to do something. I still have to hear from Senator.....We are just very few people with NIW 2005 here so if we dont act together than it would not help anyone of us. So lets decide and act upon it. I agree with the points made by cd4help.

GC_SEP2005 and cd4help,
Please chalk out the action plan and we will be with you. We all have same cause. trackitt shows 1 EB2/LC based approval today.
abhuda

I saw an LUD on my 485 on 09/03 when I logged into my online case portfolio. No email about it.
Just says that it is pending standard processing. No useful information. No LUD for my wife.

I'm guessing it may be just a useless LUD due to completion of my SR which I opened on Aug 1..................

Any other plan updates from you all?

Thanks.

Looks like we had one more NIW approval today Mar 2005 case. So hope we all get some good news in next 2 weeks :)

Guys, any update on the 05 NIW? My case still sits like a stone... NO lud, no FP notice -- although at least 3 different person in TSC I spoke with in recent 2 months promised me to send out the FP notice....

My initial excitement seeing LUDs on 09/03 and 09/04 has now died down as there has been no other movement.......nevertheless, the LUDs are interesting because:

I filed online EAD/AP renewal on 09/02. Got LUDs on these also on 09/04 and today 09/05.

Could be that the I-485 LUDs on 09/03 and 09/04 was due to this EAD renewal filing.....but there were no LUDs on my wife's I-485 (since Dec 2006) even though her 4th EAD/AP renewal was filed on 08/21, so.........??

Could be due to SR response, but I don't know why that would also result in consecutive LUDs on EAD/AP.

Also, couple of other folks on trackitt reported 485 LUDs on 09/03 and 09/04. Seemed quite a coincidence....but probably it is meaningless.......

Did any of you get any responses after sending the letters/faxes/emails last week to your congressman, etc?

Thanks.

Also, neither my wife nor I recd. any new FP/Biometrics notice. The last one we gave for I-485 (FP2) was in May 2007 so they are probably expired by now.

My wife did receive Biometrics Code 2 for today related to her EAD renewal.
I'm expecting one for this next week.

How should I go about requesting a Biometrics for I-485?

I recall some discussions addressing this question on some forum, but not sure where...................

Thanks.

I just found out from usps.com with my tracking no. that the supporting documents for my online EAD/AP renewal arrived at NSC this morning.

So, I suppose, the EAD/AP LUD for 09/05 could be due to this.

Still does not explain the EAD/AP LUDs on 09/04 and 485 LUDs on 09/03 and 09/04.

biometrics

I have question. Do USCIS request for namecheck again everytime we provide our biometrics (my name check is cleared on sep.1 2007). Today i received fingerprint request as it is expired.

Service Request Response!

Hi Everyone!

I raised Service Request for my pending I-485 (EB2-NIW; priority dare: Sept'26, 2005) and received the following response:
"This is letter is a response to your Service Request regarding the I-485 filed on your behalf. Your application will be processed pending availability of a Visa. You are invited to visit the Department of State website where you may keep abreast of any developments regarding this classification of Visas"

has any one got such a response? Or is it another typical message being sent out? Any response would be appreciated

Hi Green20055, when did you have your last FP? Is it done before May 2007 (more than 15 months)?

I have question. Do USCIS request for namecheck again everytime we provide our biometrics (my name check is cleared on sep.1 2007). Today i received fingerprint request as it is expired.

I have also raised 2 service requests so far, one in July 15, another in Aug 17, haven't heard anything back yet..

Hi Everyone!

I raised Service Request for my pending I-485 (EB2-NIW; priority dare: Sept'26, 2005) and received the following response:
"This is letter is a response to your Service Request regarding the I-485 filed on your behalf. Your application will be processed pending availability of a Visa. You are invited to visit the Department of State website where you may keep abreast of any developments regarding this classification of Visas"

has any one got such a response? Or is it another typical message being sent out? Any response would be appreciated

Folks,
We are f***ed, yet again.

Let's try to keep this thread alive so that we can compare notes and updates in the coming months.

Good night and good luck.