Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

Congratulations!

Are you from India? If so, I'm especially glad she was in time. If not, I'm glad too :) 4 or 5 months delay is already too much and good thing it's finally over. Enjoy the new life!

Just Got back from vacation.
Wife's I485 got approved on December 17, 2007

Primary
EB2/RIR PD October 2002
LC approved: August 2006
I140/I485 concurrent RD : 11/21/2006 (TSC)
I140 Approved: July 2007
I485 Approved : August 2007

Derivative:
I485 RD : 11/21/2006 (TSC)
RFE Medical: 09/17/2007
RFE Response Receipt Date: 09/27/2007
I485 Approved e-mail: December 17, 2007
Card received December 27, 2007

Recd. GC but no change is status 4 spouse

Hi All,

Hi All,

Today I got the Welcome Notice and the Card in my mailbox.

Still no update or change of anything for my wife.

-Still

Are you from India? If so, I'm especially glad she was in time. If not, I'm glad too :) 4 or 5 months delay is already too much and good thing it's finally over. Enjoy the new life!

Thank you very much.
Good Luck!!!!. Wish that you and your Family get GC soon.

No I am not from India. I belong to EB2 Other .

I hope you received all your mail by now

Hi Sarwarmd,

Hope u r wrong. Because I recieved the "Card Production Ordered" email, followed by the "Welcome Notice Sent" email and yesterday I received the "Approval Notice Sent" email.

All->Had an LUD on both our 485s with no message change in either.

-Still

Still,
I am sorry. Congrartulations that you have received the mail. Normally, I try to take every thing from the signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Service Request Status information

Hi,
I have received the acknowledgement on the SR ( Service Request of my daughter )which I made on 12-11-2007. It has the following message:

"Your application was received at the Texas Service Center and is currently pending Service consideration. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted by mail upon review of your case."

Can you please interpret the meaning of this!

I think that is just a receipt acknowledgment -- saying they have received it but they haven't yet processed the received REF and updated the case.

Now your PD is retrogressed, I'm not sure how things will go. But keep contacting CIS and your congresspersons and ask them to keep you posted about the cases.

Hi,
I have received the acknowledgement on the SR ( Service Request of my daughter )which I made on 12-11-2007. It has the following message:

"Your application was received at the Texas Service Center and is currently pending Service consideration. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted by mail upon review of your case."

Can you please interpret the meaning of this!

LUD changes for my both kids.

I think that is just a receipt acknowledgment -- saying they have received it but they haven't yet processed the received REF and updated the case.

Now your PD is retrogressed, I'm not sure how things will go. But keep contacting CIS and your congresspersons and ask them to keep you posted about the cases.

Thanks a lot Geofu54.
Today I see LUD changes for my both kids. Please see my signature. Does it mean that some one is started working on kids cases!

My son's case (only pending I 485 in my family) had LUD on 2/3/08. It looks like system update. Nothing exciting about it!!!!

LUD with a message change

Just to update you that there was an LUD with a message change after almost 4 months on 02/03; acknowledging that the USCIS received the response to the RFE (RFE was for TB skin test)

Thanks.

Have a Question

I got an LUD on my 485 on 02/03/08.

I read on the forun that many had such similar LUD's.

What do they mean?

MY PD is March 2004/EB3

I would like to know if there were mass LUD's like this on January 10,2008.

Shed some light.

Thanks

No response from USCIS

We responded on my wife RFE on Janurary 29, 2007 and TSC received on 30th according to the proof of delivery from fedex but no update online todate. Really worried. Please comment

Derivative Interview completed yesterday. Approval stamped on application not on passport. No visa numbers now. We were told that cards will be ordered once the visa numbers are available. see signature for details.

I can understand your situation. My advise is to follow up with Infopass regularly probably once in 60 days. Also send 7001 to Obdusmman.
We responded on my wife RFE on Janurary 29, 2007 and TSC received on 30th according to the proof of delivery from fedex but no update online todate. Really worried. Please comment

Additional review vs visa # not available

Hi friends,

MY 485 was approved in Sep 07 and wife's case got a medical RFE which we replied in October 07. Still waiting and the PD is not current for our case date anymore.

Along with EAD renewal we filed, the lawyer opened a service request last month and we got a reply lastweek. The response states that, "We need to do additional Review on the case and should hear within 3 months" than stating the obvious/actual reason of "visa number not available".

Is this a standard response for Service requests now a days?

Just trying to be optimistic. There was a LUD on our case on 02/03/07 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daughter's Card Not recieved yet

Hi,

My case and my wife case was approved on November 30, 2007.
My daughter's case was also approved on November 30, 2007.
However she has not received the CARD yet.
Anyone is in the same please post here.

WantLabor.

If you daughter is under 14, then she needs latest biometric for the card.
Normally USCIS will send her the biometrics after approving her case, other wise you can contact TSC using congressman/POJ....

Hi,

My case and my wife case was approved on November 30, 2007.
My daughter's case was also approved on November 30, 2007.
However she has not received the CARD yet.
Anyone is in the same please post here.

WantLabor.

If you daughter is under 14, then she needs latest biometric for the card.
Normally USCIS will send her the biometrics after approving her case, other wise you can contact TSC using congressman/POJ....

Thanks StillAlive!

Sorry I forgot to mention this.
She went for biometrics in the first week of Jan, 2008 and 1 LUD on her case on 5th Jan, 2008.

How many days it takes usually to get the card after biometrics?

Thanks!

Good

So now it's all-but-visa#. Hopefully some numbers will be available late this fiscal year from ROW, then his case can be completed.

Derivative Interview completed yesterday. Approval stamped on application not on passport. No visa numbers now. We were told that cards will be ordered once the visa numbers are available. see signature for details.

It sounds like a standard response -- but you may be able to explore it a bit more if your congressmen are willing to help. When we inquired through one of our senators case work office last year, we got a reply mentioning the visa number situation and whether or not a number was allocated to my wife's case.

Hi friends,

MY 485 was approved in Sep 07 and wife's case got a medical RFE which we replied in October 07. Still waiting and the PD is not current for our case date anymore.

Along with EAD renewal we filed, the lawyer opened a service request last month and we got a reply lastweek. The response states that, "We need to do additional Review on the case and should hear within 3 months" than stating the obvious/actual reason of "visa number not available".

Is this a standard response for Service requests now a days?

Just trying to be optimistic. There was a LUD on our case on 02/03/07 too.