Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

StillAllive,

Still we need to wait for long for our derivatives ! January VB went back to stone age (2000) for EB2/India and they proudly say it will be unavailable in next couple of months! It will take years before cutoff date reach mid 2005. They really messed with my son's case.

I had a funny experience with TSC IO on my last call. She ask me "Do you know your spouse NC is cleared?".

I was about to laugh, she is the one who supposed to know more than me. But told her my congressman letter about NC completed. Then she said VISA number is not available for your country, so your spouse cannot be approved at this time.

Bottom line, don't know we should count on what IO says about NC over the phone.

StillAllive,

Still we need to wait for long for our derivatives ! January VB went back to stone age (2000) for EB2/India and they proudly say it will be unavailable in next couple of months! It will take years before cutoff date reach mid 2005. They really messed with my son's case.

does the vb for jan apply for derivatives too. my wifes pd is 02/02 in eb2. does that mean that she wont get it until the dates go beyond 02/02. i was under impression that the dates do not affect derivatives if the primary is approved

Hi all,
My daughter got welcome notice on Aug 30, 2007 did FP on sep 22, and till date did not receive the card. Called IO, and he says FBI finger print did not receive yet? there is some check going on, he said it should not be since she is only 11 years. I do not know what to do now? INfopass also was of no use.
Raised SR reply wait for a month. All dead lines are now over, Any suggestions.

When I called for my son, TSC IO said, they have to manually pull and upload :)confused: in 21st century) to the system when they receive FP results. That day she sent email to case worker to look for FP result. Don't know what happen he got card ordered message in 2 days. See signature for info

Hi all,
My daughter got welcome notice on Aug 30, 2007 did FP on sep 22, and till date did not receive the card. Called IO, and he says FBI finger print did not receive yet? there is some check going on, he said it should not be since she is only 11 years. I do not know what to do now? INfopass also was of no use.

Vin,
Unfortunately it apply for derivatives as well. Your wife can't approved until VB cut off dates cross yours Priority Dates.

does the vb for jan apply for derivatives too. my wifes pd is 02/02 in eb2. does that mean that she wont get it until the dates go beyond 02/02. i was under impression that the dates do not affect derivatives if the primary is approved

Update on InfoPass appointment

Hi,
I have taken the InfoPass appointment for this Friday at 9am. Can you please suggest any DOs or DO NOTs!

Today I and my daughter who is 9+ went for InfoPass appointment. Lady just informed that case is pending with Texas Centre for review and she has no more information. She also gave one fax number where I can send a FAX to know the details on my daughter's case.

Spouse 485 Approved

My Spouse's 485 was approved on Dec 12. I saw a LUD on Dec 11 and recieved the email on Dec 12. We are still waiting for the physical card to arrive. Mine was approved in October (see signature).

With this we are done with the GC process just in time for the holidays. Best wishes to the rest of you - stay strong and eventually you will get through.

Hi all,

I got the same problem for my son's card production. His case got approved on 8/29/07 and heve FP done on 8/7/07 but no card received yet. I called to TSC 4 times and always told no FP received and needed to reschedule for FP. I told them FP done already. IO told me she will make notes for this problem and call TSC back if no card received within 30 days.

Congratulations! It is a big holiday present. Enjoy your freedom.

My Spouse's 485 was approved on Dec 12. I saw a LUD on Dec 11 and recieved the email on Dec 12. We are still waiting for the physical card to arrive. Mine was approved in October (see signature).

With this we are done with the GC process just in time for the holidays. Best wishes to the rest of you - stay strong and eventually you will get through.

that really sucks. i thought everything will be over after waiting for 6 years guess i have to wait for god knows how long.

Vin,
Unfortunately it apply for derivatives as well. Your wife can't approved until VB cut off dates cross yours Priority Dates.

I got the same problem for my son's card production. His case got approved on 8/29/07 and heve FP done on 8/7/07 but no card received yet. I called to TSC 4 times and always told no FP received and needed to reschedule for FP. I told them FP done already. IO told me she will make notes for this problem and call TSC back if no card received within 30 days.

Hi jam007,
Did try Infopass, I tried but was again of no use. When I talk ot IO he says my daughter's FP they did not get, he says they may have some checks on background (no meaning as she is only 10 years). They cannot understand any of these things.
I may take a infopass, ask them to stamp the passport. Have you tried that?

Hi jam007,
Did try Infopass, I tried but was again of no use. When I talk ot IO he says my daughter's FP they did not get, he says they may have some checks on background (no meaning as she is only 10 years). They cannot understand any of these things.

My son's was also approve and FP done, we checked thru infopass - we were told that they might not have received it and asked us to get it stamped on the passport. We have to stamp it some time in january

Finally Spouse approve

After waiting since April 2006, spouse's 485 approved and card received.

PD 02/2003
485 approved 04/2006
Spouse 11/2007
Xfer VSC-TSC 03/15/2007
fp1 08/2007
fp2 05/11/07
last lud noted 03/27/07

Were the dates retrogressed for your country when spouse approval came?

After waiting since April 2006, spouse's 485 approved and card received.

PD 02/2003
485 approved 04/2006
Spouse 11/2007
Xfer VSC-TSC 03/15/2007
fp1 08/2007
fp2 05/11/07
last lud noted 03/27/07

My son's was also approve and FP done, we checked thru infopass - we were told that they might not have received it and asked us to get it stamped on the passport. We have to stamp it some time in january

I confirmed with FBI that they sent back the FP the next day itself, but the IO says they do not have and they are not ready to give another FP.

Another Update - Case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

My spouse case got another update yesterday 12/19. I was wonderting if it means that the case is pending at NBC, thats where it was transferred on 12/04. Anyone received this case status. If so, was it after you got "case transferred to NBC for standard interview" Update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Hi jam007,

Not try Infopass yet. I did receive 2nd FP notice on Oct, but my son was unable to make it. I requested reschedule FP and no message from ASC so far.

Follow-up: After posted above message 10 min ago, I just got CRIS email saying Card Production Ordered. I did call TSC again 10 days ago. The IO told me your problem should be resolved this time. I think today she did do something for my son's FP/card problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not try Infopass yet. I did receive 2nd FP notice on Oct, but my son was unable to make it. I requested reschedule FP and no message from ASC so far.

Follow-up: After posted above message 10 min ago, I just got CRIS email saying Card Production Ordered. I did call TSC again 10 days ago. The IO told me your problem should be resolved this time. I think today she did do something for my son's FP/card problem.

how long does it take to get the second FP? My wife had her first FP in 07/2006. She will be away to india for 3 months is it possible to postpone fp for over 3 months?