Tracker ..........Likely June Appointments for chennai consulate.

Fees info for CP

Guys,

No one answered green_my_green\'s second question when he opened this discussion:

"
2. Since we had already paid the $260/- per applicant, I believe we have to still pay $60/- or aprox Rs 3285/- per applicant for visa issuance are there any more fees? "

Can some one share any info on what fees and drafts are we expected to take for the CP interview ?

Thanks!

Mailed P3 on March 19th, Appointment likely in June/July

I didn\'t had to go with NVC, I guess mine is a older procedure(MDR200181.. Case Number). my attorney mailed P3 to chennai on March 12. I checked with Chennai Consulate, They said Appointment likely in June/July. I hope it will be in June.

No Title

Has anyone contacted the Consulate the last couple of days
regarding the probability of a June interview date?

(Mainly to confirm the flight tickets;
how long will travel agents keep our ticket reservations "open"
without our confirmations? they keep asking for our confirmations
otherwise say they\'ll cancel the reservations)

Thanks!

No Title

June Interview likely. My P3 was sent on March 25 2002. I went thru the old route. This is the e-mail i got from Chennai.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 11:59 PM

Appt likely to be in June.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

No Title

My P3 reached chennai end of Mar/beg of Apr. Emailed Chennai and got a reply that my interview will be in June

MS

one week before the interview

u need to get the medicals done atleast 2 days before the interview and if there is any additional tests are needed then u need the "buffer days".

We are also waiting for the June interview schedules. I am flying in May first week and my hubby is flying once we know the dates for certain.

Disappointed

Enquired with Chennai Consulate about possible interview
date. Reply:

"Please check after May15"

I was hoping for "Expect interview in June", since others
have posted in this thread that they received such replies.
(And their dates are somewhat close to mine - my case
was forwarded to Chennai at the end of March).

Does this mean that the Interview could only be after June?

No Title

No need to worry, if they recieved before on or before April 15th, you can be sure of June date.
It is that bcos release dates are released by May 15hth, that they said to call you back.
They are aren\'t concerned about our anxiety..., thats a standard .... reply you get sometimes.
I my first reply they only confirmed that they recieved my case, in the 2nd reply the very next day they said likely june appointment.

D day approaching.

Hi guys,
The D day is approaching fast, Mumbai dates have already started to trickle in. I am quite sure by the end of next week, our dates will also start comming in. I am keepng my fingers crossed. There are 11 of us in our group waiting for june dates, Please update your date in this group and also CP tracker as soon as you know the dates.

Others who havenot joined this group but expecting june dates for chennai consulate, please do join this group and share info so that there could be a possibility of co-ordinating some activites making
our interview process a pleasant one.

There are altogether about 12 guys/gals in this group expecting a june interview at chennai:
Green_my_green,Dodda100,Netuser,XML,2002gc,kprajan,NSG,hidefrmyou,get itdone,Ary,srinivas,Laya? If I missed any one please update it.

Good luck to all of you.

After the Interview

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew about the process after the interview process is done. I am aware that you get an envelope from the consulate in India that is to be opened by the immigration officer at the POE in the US. But, what happens to the visa on your passport - does the Consulate give us a new visa or are we expected to validate our H1 Visas (assuming it isnt upto date?) to re-enter the US?

green_my_green!

there are couple of more guys as I know sksquare(Jungie), kms, gopal(cptracker), poornaram(cptracker), ninu(cptracker), vish these guys P3 sent to Chennai on march 19th from NVC. Let us see what happens on next Saturday..
Goodluck guys..

I am with you guys

My P3 reached chennai on March 19. Called and found Interview likely in June. Add me to the list

Help

Once the interview is done, can my wife come later to USA . If so in how many days. I heard we get only one packet at the chennai consulate, so who should carry it to USA, me or my wife. Please help

Interview when ????????????????????

I heard someone was going to call consulate before the 5th of 5, what did they tell. I am anxious to know my interview date

No Title

Called today (6th). Same reply: "Interview not scheduled. Please
check after May15".

My case was forwarded from NVC at the end of March. Consulate
confirmed via email on April 10 that they received it
(don\'t know the actual received date).

Here is the message i got...

Does this mean that i will get Interview Date in JUNE. Is there any possibility that i can postpone to JULY!!...Experts give me your suggestion.

This is the mail i got.
Pkt3 has been received.
Appt likely in june - you may check with us after a week for the appt
status.

Tickets to Chennai...

Any suggestions about obtaining tickets (direct flights to Madras) during June?

Thanks,