Tracker ..........Likely JULY Appointments for CHENNAI consulate

You may make July/August

Mine was forwarded on the 15th.I sent an email to the chennai consulate asking them if I could make July. Got a reply back saying July/August.

Got a mail from Chennai

My case was forwarded on 5/15/02. Got a mail from the consulate that my interview would "likely" be in July.

Thanks !I faxed them a correction(for my spouse) too last week, but during the review.

Hope the review is not delayed by this.

how can they sound so vague!

You mention "likely", can you reproduce the letter you got from chennai verbatim. I am hoping July too.
Thanks

No Title

This is what they sent...

"Appt likely to be in July."

Just one sentence. But thats OK I guess as long as they respond.

Local PCC requirements at Chennai consulate

Can someone post his/her experiece about local PCC at Chennai?
Is there any procedure to get it? How simple/complex it is?

I am expecting a July interview.

- thanks

PCC - some thoughts

In P4 apart from PCC from the consulate (CGI), they are asking from local police station also. I think it is better to keep the PCC from the last place you lived for more than 6 months. I already obtained one from the local police station signed by the \'Inspector of Police\' for me and my family. I already got the PCC issued by CGI here. I am also expecting July interview at Chennai. Thanks.

Interview date response from Chennai Consulate

I sent an email to Chennai consulate yesterday asking about the likely interview date for me and the following is the response I got from them. \'Please check with us in the 2nd week of June.\'
My case has reached Chennai on May 2, 2002 and I am expecting July interview. Did anyone get any positive response from them yet?
Thanks

Evacuation of US citizens from Indi

My lawyer told me today that he got a bulletin that all the US citizens (essential and non-essential) are being evacuated from India and this may affect the Consular operations and affect CP interview schedules. Does anyone hear anything more about this?
Thanks

Latest developments in CP interview at Chennai- regarding evacuation

Guys,
 Got the following response yesterday (6/3/2002) from the Chennai consulate on the effect of consular services because of potential Indo-Pak war.

\'No, the Consular services are not affected by the current situation.\'

Thanks

Please post confirmed July chennai interviews...

in the following thread...
roundthecorner "CONFIRMED JULY 2002 CHENNAI INTERVIEWS" 6/12/02 6:02am

Interview for Mumbai July CP is out

Guys,
 The CP interview dates for Mumbai consulate is out, I mean if you call them they are giving the dates over the phone for your case. Did anyone find from Chennai consulate?
Thanks

interview

Till yesterday night NVC had not sent the Visa numbers to any consulate for the month of July. I had phoned the Sydney consulate yesterday night. I can\'t however understand why she said to call back in the last week of June. Looking at some posts for Mumbai interview for month of August, I am tending to think that since review of P3 is done by NVC (for India), the Visa numbers are issued when the P3 is mailed to the consulate. I am not sure, this is only my 2c guess.