Tracker----June interview at Mumbai

I am also expecting june interview

Hey If u go via malaysia /India airlines its 1090+ tax..
I wrote to the consulate and got an email from them today saying that intervioew is likely in june..They had got my papers on april 16th.

I am also expecting june interview

Hey If u go via malaysia /India airlines its 1090+ tax..
I wrote to the consulate and got an email from them today saying that intervioew is likely in june..They had got my papers on april 16th.
I am from Goa..Any one around from goa.

Ramrak, Mumbai CP related information.

---
Go to: http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhcons.html

Mumbai IV Email address for any query: MumbaiIV@state.gov
--

Address:

U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai
Lincoln House
78 Bhulabhai Desai Road
Mumbai 400 026
Phone: (22) 3633611
Fax: 3630350
Operating Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday (except holidays)

--
FAQ for Mumbai:

You will see here Hospital detail too. visit 4 business days before interview to hospital.

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html

--

Appointments at page: usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhappt.html
--

HOLIDAYS IN 2002 at Mumbai consulate :
The following holidays will be observed in Mumbai during the calendar year 2002

Date

January 1, 2002
January 21, 2002
February 18, 2002
March 25, 2002
March 29, 2002
April 25, 2002
May 1, 2002
May 27, 2002
July 4, 2002
August 15, 2002
August 21, 2002
September 2, 2002
September 10, 2002
October 2, 2002
October 14, 2002
October 15, 2002
November 4, 2002
November 11, 2002
November 28, 2002
December 25, 2002

--

Special for Greencard kind photograph studio:

My own Photo studio
91,bhulabhai Desai Road,
Mumbai-400 026
Timing: 9 to 7..
Road map:...Go towards raj pavilion direction....
there will be garden on right hand and side and opposite that my own photo studio...
Waliking distance...5-7 minutes

---

Hospitals:

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html#medical

--

I got them for $1225 includes tax

Mine is Cincinnati->Newark->Dubai->Kaulalumpur->Chennai, what about you. One travel agent offered for $1200 but I have already done tickets.

No Title

greatlakes -
ghosht - E3
bigblue - E2
bhagat -
vsshah - E2
happy_BB_99
endOfTheRope
dolphins
samuk
hjs
avk
akshar
raging_bull
bbhaskar
v7
GCINPORCESS
ramrak
prasadk -E2

So far 18 guys only came out, I would think there are more guys.

immigration photos

So far I know for medical we need three(may be two) regular passport size photographs and 3 immigration style photographs for IV interview.Correct me if I am wrong.
Also did anyone get the interview till today?
I am bit anxious about ticket confirmation etc as I have not got the interview date yet. Last moment ticket will cost a bit and also do not know whether will get seat or not.
Dolphin,Shanks pls reply.
My current status.
PCC - got from CGNY for both of us with passports stamped.
Taxtranscripts - Got from IRS (applied over phone)
Sent an email to consulate for the interview date but haven\'t got any reply as of now.
Keep in touch.

Thanks for the info vsshah... Few more questions about PCC, I-134, and Packet 4

PCC
I had my parents inquire about pcc ... and this is what i have found out .... the pcc from the regional passport office can be obtained in 1 day ... however the PCC from the local Police station can take days since they wait for the regional passport office to send them some info ... I don\'t know how far this is true but have any one of you received the same info ?
Do we require 3 PCCs ... 1 from the consulate here .. 1 from the regional passport office... and 1 from the local police station ?

I - 134
Also me and my wife ... we both are working here .... so do I need to fill in and submit an I-134 for my wife ?

Packet 4
Has anyone called Mumbai consulate and asked them by which date can they provide us information about our interview dates and how soon do they start mailing out the packet-4s ? Also what all instructions and documents encompass packet-4 ?
I have read from most of the postings on this site that most people do not get their packet-4 in time here in U.S. ... so can we like send them an e-mail now and ask them to send a copy of it to a local address in Mumbai or do I need to tell them to send my original packet-4 to the Mumbai address ?
I am confused as I have read that they require the original apptmt letter which I am assuming is part of packet-4 and since i have provided only the U.S address ... it concerns me ....

Please bear with my queries even if you find them stupid for I have received and read contradictory information.
Thanks,
Ramrak.

PCC etc

Ramark,

You do not need 3 PCC.
If u r in USA then u should applu your local India consulate/embassy and they will provide you with PCC(We got ours from CGNY).
I checked with various resources(friends,lawyers,consulate guy,web site etc) that this PCC is sufficient.
I do not think you need to file 134 (but check with ur lawyer).
You can always email consulate and ask about ur interview date.
Their email id is mumbaiIV@state.gov.
Phone - 011 91 22 3637407/408. Can call them also.
You can always update your address to local address (better do it right away before they despatch the P4).
Incase they send you the p4 to USA and if never receive it then do not panic. Go on day advance before medical and pick up duplicate appointment letter from consulate window(medical needs appo letter).
About other things in P4 you can always download the required forms and fill it up.
Hope this helps.
Pls let us know about ur interview date.
Thanks.

GhoshT: no interview date...they told me to check on May 9th or 10th

I\'ll call them on Friday maybe.
I think you should be able to get a ticket confirmed but will have to pay the peak price of ~1600 bucks.

RamRak: Make sure you follow up on your PCC

My friend had a lot of trouble getting PCC from SFO.
If you\'ve only lived in India and US; and are currently residing in the US, local PCC is not needed.

One PCC from consulate/embassy sufficient

If you take PCC from local embassy/consualte then that measn you are residing out side of india and you will not be asked to get Local police station certificate in India. If you have it from Local regional passport office then that means you are in India and you are subjected to have Local police station certificate also. So for the guys in USA then it is in your best interest to take PCC from local embassy/consualte.

Regarding I-134 I think you have to provide, if she is coming as dependant of you, for immigration interview then you will have to. They don\'t care if she is working OR she has property in India or else where. Any case that is just a piece of paper and in your best interest to take and keep it ready, that is not going to harm you any way.

Reg P-4 you don\'t worry, even if they are not delivered in US then you can ask your friend or some one with authorization from you to collect it from public window at consualte. Even if that is not suitable to you you can ask them to send to your parents address, I have a doubt here that should be in Mumbai Jurisdiction only OR we can ask them to send to any address in India. I am not sure about this.

These are the ways for appt letter:
1. Print from their web site, (don\'t worry about signature of consualte) they don\'t sign even on P4 documents
2. You can collect from the public access window in Mumbai
3. You can ask them to send a copy to any address in India

GhoshT ..I am waiting for my review to be done..I am not going to get June anyways..

I am hoping for July..
All the best to June Cpers..
Shanks

Got message from Mumbai consulate today ....

.... with exact same words as vsshah (I think) namely June 2002 is likely and I need to check again by 5/7.

All the best to others in waiting

Thanks for the info and PCC tip you all.

I will e-mail Mumbai consulate on Sunday night .. and hopefully they will have the interview dates in their system by them.
I will keep the group posted with the latest developments on my end.
Thanks,
Ramrak.

Started a new thread called "CONFIRMED June 2002 interviews for MUMBAI"

Got my actual interview date today. Check one level above this thread.

Notarized Employment Letter

The employment letter is in company stationary and it has a logo. What is meant by notarizing it? When I took the original employment letter to a Notary Officer and requested him to notarize it, he was perplexed. He said "How can I notarize an original? I can notarize a copy of it saying that it is a copy of the original". Can someone explain what is meant by "Notarized Employment Letter"

Thanks
NallaRaj

inforamtion about transcripts

I have some information regarding these transcripts. On 04/26 I called that INS number to request for Transcripts, I choose the option in menu (for tax return transcript and tax account transcript) and I thought it might be wrong so I pressed some button to talk to a customer service representative. She sent me the transcripts 2 days back but they were not official documents just computer print-outs on plain paper. I thought how can they be.

Today I got the official documents for the Automated machine request I submitted. They are official documnets. So bottomline is that guys who ever talked to a CSR and requested these transcripts might be having some plain computer print outs. Veriyfy your self.