TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

anshut - as said already, by checkthisout - you will receive it at your home address. <EOM>

&nbsp;

Please update my info.

Hi there, my EAD had been approved on May 24 also my wife.
Please update my info.
Thanks

Hi St8 - Pls update my info. AP Approved on May 20th 2002 for both me and my wife.. <EOM>

&nbsp;

FP done for both of us without any problem.

There was a wait for 15 minutes. The form we fill is returned as a receipt. AVM not updated.
AP approved for all 3 of us on 5/16.
-todal

EAD Question Guys - Pls help.

I do not think it is possible but I may be wrong.

Can we keep the EAD info confidential without our sponsoring Employer knowing the details about it - and then use the EAD to work elsewhere parttime ?

I doubt that this setup works because, the second Employer will file I-9 form, which will shift us from H1 to EAD - whereas the original employer will continue to keep us on H1 (W2) - which is a conflicting stand. Any ideas on this one ? Ofcourse, the answer to this question will be useful to all of us.

I got an employer who thinks that he and he alone should flourish in this world. How sadistic ??

Thanks,
SIDR

EAD Approval AVM Message

Can anybody please post the exact message when EAD is approved. My wife\'s message changed to \'This case has been approved and approval notice was mailed\' on May 9th. I was thinking the message should say \'After approving your case we ordered you card........\'. I am also
not sure about her EAC number so I am verfying it with the lawyer.

You can take up the second employment.

You can use either your H1 or EAD to work for your current employer. You are considered to be in EAD status, only when you enter USA using EAD and AP or if your H1 expires. So you working on a valid H1 for an employer and with EAD for the other, does not matter. All the I-9 forms look is that if you are legally in status to work.
&nbsp;&nbsp;And FYI all employers are have the same attitude, so don\'t worry about it.
&nbsp;But I don\'t understand the concept of ur employer not knowing about the EAD. Doesn\'t ur lawyer update your employer that your EAD has been approved.
&nbsp;&nbsp;I too have an opportunity, which is not related to IT and I am going to take the job. I don\'t see any problem with that.

va_waiter2001 - Thank You. Here is my scenario

Once I-485 is filed, I told my lawyer to keep my EAC numbers confidential. That is how my employer is not aware of it. Anyway, my employer got my SSN and my complete history, present address (and possibly my future :)) ) - if he wants to know the numbers, he can - It is all just for my euphorea under the illusion that he does not know.

I am planning to work for the client directly for 2 hours a day with my EAD. That way I can save 25% of the commission that is being taken by my employer.

No Title

sidr,
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;May be if you signed any non-competitive clause with your employer then you might end up in problems. Otherwise, I don\'t see any conflict from immigration standpoint.

Wish you all the best,

thanks,
raju

Hi Raju - I was stuck with my previous Employer for 4 yrs just because of such bonds - It is my poli

&nbsp;

No Title

sidr,
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I can understand that...luckily I never faced such problem...
wish you all the best...

thanks,
raju

Tracker Update!

It surprises me that some May filers (CT &amp; NJ) have received FP notices.

Though I am not really concerned about when the FP is done during I-485, I may have to go overseas July/Aug. Filers with ND April 8,9,10 including myself are stuck. Wish something happens.

If I get the FP notice, I will definitely try to do it before my trip.
BUT...

1. If a FP notice is received, can one postpone it and for how long?
2. If a FP notice is received and the scheduled date is defaulted what happens (as I might be abroad) ?

:(

Please provide any missing info or any updates...

you can postpone your FP or get it done early. If you didn\'t attend then you need to get another FP

&nbsp;