Tracker For Feb - 2002 Filers

different SC has different pace

I have followed the other thread. However I found at least for now TSC is much faster in responding to I485 requests. For example, there is a case like mailed on 2/14 and checks were cleared on 2/22. That\'s why it\'s more accurate when we stay under VSC.

I don\'t know what is happening at VSC

Looks like no one got Receipt Notices. What is happening at VSC ????
Jan filers got every thing very soon.

the other one was also for VSC

Actually the other thread was also for VSC. Anyway, this discussion seems to have picked up, so let\'s not worry about other threads.
We have other important things to worry about, don\'t we? :)

please help!

My lawyer has forgot to send my signatur with the EAD form to INS, what can I do now? If I got the receipt and know the EAC #, will it be the good time to send it to INS. I know that I am in trouble, my case will delay. But for how lang?
Do someone has the same experience? Hopefully not.

Cheng

most likey your I485 application won\'t be affected

I filled 485 myself. Signature card is only for I765. Here is my understanding
(1)I765(EAD) is an OPTIONAL application. It won\'t affect your AOS directly. You can get green card without an EAD. In other words, if you expect no change of job in a year, you can ignore EAD.
(2)If you desperately need EAD to work, by all means try to speak with an IIO besides your lawyer.
(3) I read from somewhere on this board that you can go to INS local office and get the EAD in a much quicker fashion.
BTW, it seems we don\'t even have one lucky Februaryer so far to hear from VSC.

waiting for RD

Folks,

My 1-485 papers were sent to INS in the second week of February, but till now i didn\'t hear anything from my attorney. Generally how many days it will take to get receipt date from the post date???
Any new RD receivers???

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your response

Hi Robertx,
The lawyer filed my 765 without my Signature card, I know it won\'t affect the GC, but my EAD. What do you think, if I got the receipt from INS, then I sent the signature card to INS again. Anyway, I have to talk to them later thereafter.
No single one who filed on Feb. got the receipt, mine RD 15 Feb.
Cheng

Hang in there guys

Most of us DO NOT have a notification date yet, but to expect one this early may not be reasonable. Here\'s what I have been getting from my Lawyer\'s, and they tend to be conservative:

ND will 1-2 months.

Approvals we are seeing are coming in at 8 months for smooth cases.

staying optimistic, gabroo

EAD received today

Hi folks

I-485/EAD

RD -01/18/02
ND -02/04/02
EAD-Approved 02/25/02(AVM)

EAD-02/28/02(BY MAIL)

Hope this helps

sagcid8502

No Title

Most of us Feb. filers in this thread seem to have applied around the second week. With changes to the fee structure on Feb 19 this could add some delays. We should probably not expect anything untilt he second week of March

Recd FP Notice on 2/28

MD 1/31/02
RD 2/4/02
ND 2/26/02
FP recd on 2/28/02
sched for April
I have not recd receipts for 485/EAD/AP yet.
Does anybody know that RD and ND on FP notice is same for 485/EAD etc or they will be different?
Can I use FP application number to find status of my EAD

Thanks

Manisha

vinod nagi, arun_parv, cbalas, S Bill, robertx

From your postings you guys applied in the first week of February. You should be the first ones to receive the receipt notices. Its been more than three weeks since you mailed it to INS. Looks like VSC has slowed down little bit in Feb. Have you guys checked with your bank lately to see if your checks have been cashed?

My MD is 02/13/02. I am just anxious to see if they accept my applications. I mailed them with old fee.

I hope VSC picks up speed on receipt notices.

No Title

vidchin,

Manisha\'s post above suggests people who applied end of Jan are now receiving something from the INS. So we are at least 2 weeks off from receiving anything.

arun_parv

Manisha\'s post came in while I was composing my post :) It took a while for me to complete it and post it. I saw at least couple of posting in January thread who received their receipts in the second week of Feb. Their RD was in the last week of Jan. Anyway good luck to every one of us.
Manisha - Congratulations for receiving FP notice so soon.