Tracker for EB3 cases

yes u can maintain H1B while your gc is in process.
I advice you not to file for I-485 for now, only do I-140.
Maintain your H1-B until u can (/u get GC).
File of I-485 only after u get married.
Best thing is try for consulate processing if possible.

-wac02260XXXXX

Originally posted by rcherukuri
yes u can maintain H1B while your gc is in process.
I advice you not to file for I-485 for now, only do I-140.
Maintain your H1-B until u can (/u get GC).
File of I-485 only after u get married.
Best thing is try for consulate processing if possible.

-wac02260XXXXX

Looking at the backlogs of I-485 (processing Dec 2001) it maybe safe to file concurrent and maintain H-1b status, the only reason not to file 485 is what if it gets approved before you get married but if you have plan all set and its not far in the future then go ahead and file concurrent. You can bring spouse on H4 and then file 485 for her/him.

my 2 cents

Prons and Crons

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell what's the the adv. and disadv. for concurrently file I140 and I485?

Thanks in advance,

~A

Re: Prons and Crons

Originally posted by aolye
Hi folks,

Can anyone tell what's the the adv. and disadv. for concurrently file I140 and I485?

Thanks in advance,

~A

1- Can apply for EAD and Advance Parole (pending 485 basis)
2- Can use AC-21 right after i140 approval or 180 days whichever comes last

I dont see any disadvantages of going Concurrent, however if your Job is very Secure then you can file i140 alone and file for Consular Processing (CP) after it gets approved. The cons of CP is that no EAD, AP, AC-21 and you have to go back to your country for Interview. The pros of CP at this point is that GC will be approved much faster then thru 485/AOS.

my 2 cents

Thanks 2hard for the prompt reply and valuable info.

Im asking because our HR said that the attorney said there're some pros and cons on 2 approaching...

Thanks again.

Extend ur H1 it would be good for you so that you dont have to worry about AP etc and you will maintain ur staus until 485 get approved.
File ur H1 extension soon bcos its taking a lot time

Thanks,
rb180

Vote now or forget your 485 for years.

Please vote now or else all the effort put by Rajiv and this
community is going to be waste as the number of votes is
very less.

Eligibility to vote :-

1.) Any body with 485 pending, one can vote for dependents too.

All concurrent filers please vote I understand your current
problem is 140 but what about next stage dont you want it
to be better.

http://boards.immigration.com/anthesys/TrackerPetition/signatoryForm.php?petId=4

my status changed from RFE sent to RFE received

as of today my status became RFE received.
My 1st RFE was issued on Dec 24, 2003
and replied on Feb 3rd. So it took a week
for them to update the case status.

I'm looking forward to my approval desperately :D
...and also scared of 2nd RFE <:eek:>

-kenboo

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenboo and others,

How much time does it normally take for USCIS to process the response to an RFE once all the documents are recived by USCIS?

Is thery any regulation/law towards that?

All,
The following is an excerpt from "CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
GUIDELINES FY 2003 EDITION".
http://www.region12.nafsa.org/CSC_Guidelines_5-03.pdf

"A response to an initial request for evidence restarts the processing time clock consistent with 8 CFR 103.2(b)(10)(i). However, it is the CSC policy to treat responses to requests for evidence on a prioritized basis."

BUT in reality and right now how much does it take is the question we all have and needs to be answered. Thanks lcauser on your comment on this.

Will someone clarify this ? My passport was expiring in few months and so I got it renewed. The Embassy of India has issued me a new passport (passport no is different from the old one). Also, my wife got a new passport (passport no is different from the old one) because she changed her last name (previously she had her maiden name in her passport).

I have filed I-140 6 months back and did not file I-485 yet. Do I need to inform BCIS about this passport change ? If so, how ?

I appreicate your response on this.

Second RFE issued on my i140 yesterday - dont know yet what its about :(

RD :8/8/2003
1st RFE :12/29/2003
RFE Responded:2/17/2004
2nd RFE:2/24/2004

to no_hope_desi

Sorry to hear about your second RFE. It could happen to me too- we've just responded to the first one..

Could you give some details about your first RFE? Was it about 'ability to pay' primarily? How many employees does your co. have? has your company been profitable??

Yes - it was about ability to pay. About 50 ppl in the US and 700 odd worldwide - loss making in the US but profitable worldwide.

ANY APPROVALS

Has the lazy INS woken up and approved some 140 this week ?
Please post your approvals.
thx

not approval, but I got Finger Print notice for my I-485

I hope my I-140 will be approved soon.

Kenboo