Tracker for EB3 cases

AVM Number for Premium Processing

Can someone give me AVM Number for Premium Processing of H! to check status???

consular processing for EB3 category

consular processing for EB3 category
Does Mumbai Consulate accepts attorney certified I-140 in EB3 category for consular processing????????????????

Help...........

I am filing for I-485 along with my I-140, but I want to change to Consular Processing after approval of I-140. Do I need to specify any specific thing in I-140 to make this change happen? Especially in Part IV of I-140 processing information form?

Hi guys,

I have a question, which would help me decide wether to go for concurrent process or not?

I heard that in concurent processing both i-140& i-485 get adjudicate at the same time is it True?

But in CSC i-140 are getting approved first and then it is going to a next step
this is the only service centre where results are coming out for concourrent filling application so please respond what is the process in case of concurrent filling and also read this article does this make any sense.

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1851.html

INS Restricts Portability Eligibility in Concurrent Filings

We received some new and somewhat surprising information from Madeline Garcia following her attendance at an American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) South Florida luncheon on Wednesday (September 17th). Among the wealth of information she absorbed was the information relating to portability in the context of concurrent I-140/I-485 filings.

As you may be aware, AC21 includes a provision (§106(c)) which allows for a change in employment in cases of lengthy adjustment adjudications. What this allows for is the substitution of a new sponsor and offer of employment (in the same or similar profession) into a pending adjustment application if the I-485 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more.

Many of you have been writing to us asking us a couple of important questions such as:

1. Will the I-140 still be processed first?
______ - AND -

2. How will concurrent filing work in the context of I-485 portability?

According to the AILA source and the information shared at Wednesday's meeting, the INS has indicated that the I-140 will not be adjudicated until the I-485 is adjudicated. Furthermore, the INS has taken the position that this portability can only be enjoyed by an applicant for adjustment of status whose I-140 petition has been approved. Since applicants for adjustment who apply pursuant to their new ability to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 filings will not have an approved I-140 during the pendency of the adjustment, these applicants will NOT be eligible for the benefits of Section 106(c).

This information may change in the future since regulations have not been drafted. However, INS' comments highlight significant implications for many prospective concurrent applicants and reinforce that the new concurrent filing option, though very appealing, may not be for everyone.

that is so disappointing

its really sad if AC21 does not apply to concurrent I485 filings
I hope this is just an *opinion* of some stupid INS official and does not become an INS notification.

Has anyone else talked to their attorney on this issue ?

Processing Time LC Substitution Cases

Hi All,
Does any body know what the processing time for LC substitution cases. I heard I140 with LC Substitution case takes more time then just I140.

Thanks in advance.
Cool Guy

URGENT: Labor and I-140 should it be from same center??

I am using substitute labor which is filed from Texas. But I am working in California branch of the company. So, can I file I-140 and I-485 from California center??????????????????

I-140 EB3

Hello I-140 Gurus,

Please let me know, if any of you, have successfully done the following kind of case.

Case: We want to file for I-140 in California Service Center using substitute labour certificate which is approved in Texas by Texas Service Center. Job location mentioned on labour certificate is Texas.

Reason: California Service Center is much faster than Texas Service Center. Also, applicant is on H1 visa residing in bayarea, California and working for a client who is also in bayarea, California. Applicant's employer's head-quarter is Houston, Texas; however employer has a branch office in Bayarea, California.

Thanks,
Neelakshi

rupalic@TurnAroundStrategies.com

I 140

RD 11/16/01
RFE (reply recvd by INS on 06/19/02)
RFE for employers financial status.

still waiting....

Anyone else out there waiting for that long ?

cntrl

Last edited by a moderator:
tracking list available?

In this forum, do you keep track of individual I-140 applications in a tracking list ? My I-140/485 was just filed today with CSC (EB3).

4 year degree

Hello,
my Bachelors degree is 4year but it took me 3.5 years to complete it because I registered for extra coruses and took summer school. Is my degree likely to be questioned whether it satisfies the education requirement in the LC?
Thanks!

EB3 Approved

Sub LC EB3

I 140 - RD/ND 04/29/2002

First RFE - July last week( Company financial documents)
Replied in August first week

Second RFE-August last week(same as First RFE.My attorney thinks INS officer got confused and issued exact same RFE)

Replied in september First week

Approval Date : 10-15-2002

Goodluck to all.

Regards

GC_SK

RFE - EB3

Hi all

Case filed on June 26, EB3.
RFE - Status Online - Oct 19 ( not sure about the nature of the query)
Details below:
On October 19, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Will all keep you updated.

One good thing atleast the file is moving.

I-140/I485 approval

Hello Lala123,

How long did it take for you to get I-140 approval?
Was your I-140 and I-485 filed together/concurrently?
What was category? (EB1/EB2/EB3). Can you please provide your I-140 and I-485 notice date, receipt date and approval date.

Thanks,
Neelakshi
Rupalic@yahoo.com

time for I-140 receipt

I am new to this list, and has been through most of the previous
messages.
my attorney has send I-140 papers last week, and expecting
a receipt soon(hopefully). Any one knows how much time
it takes for receipt? and also how much time I-140 needs for approval in EB3 category ?

Thanks

vpampatt

My 14o Details

RD and ND : Jul 24,2002
AD : Sep 03,2002 (EB2 and RIR)

It took 6 weeks to get the 140 Approval.

485 ( Concureent filling)

ND : Aug 23,2002

FP Done : Oct 19,2002

eb3 or eb2

Lala,

Also can you let us know if yours was a substitute LC
or fresh one.
Also is it good to fed-ex the I-140 papers to INS ?
or normal mail should be preferred. My papaers are already
sent by fed-ex last week and waiting for reply.

Thanks

What is the last approval for EB3 LC Sub ?

hi guys,

I am ND 6/7/02 and still waiting
No RFE or approval yet :-(

Anyone around the same date and waiting please post !!!

Do you think an enquiry to INS from the lawyer would help ?

-gurudev 22