Tracker for appeals/MTR

Aao

You can actually call the AAO in Washington and ask what was done in your case. Some time the lady their is kind enough to let u know. phone # 2022721212 u should have your A# or LIN# ready.

I140 and MTR

Is anybody that did a new I140 and MTR in the same time? Does it work or no?

I filed MTR in 2005 and when it got transfered to AAO, I filed another I140 on the same labor. On the new 140, USCIS asked me to either withdraw the appeal or wait for its decision.

Now my postion is AAO denied my appeal and my new I140 also got denied.

Thanks.

AAO Decision and sbsequent action- I140 Approved

I am in the same boat:
I140 denied (EB3- 3year degree NSC) in Sep 2004
I290B filed in Oct 2004
Case transferred to AAO Feb 2005
Case transfered to NSC from AAO 12/26/2007 per web site
The copy of decision approving the case received by Attorney Dec 31, 2007
I290B and I140 status changed to AAO decison received on Jan 3, 2008

1/24/08 I140 approved notice send. :)

No change in I485 which is still showing Case transferred to AAO with LUD 10/20/2004 (same time we filed the AAO appeal challenging the NSC order.)

Today 1/31/07 I485 including those of dependents filed earlier has been reopened so in about 36 days after the AAO decision and within 5 days of approval of I140.

All Gurus

I saw the following update on my 290B & 140, can any one tell me what does it mean? Does it mean the case has been transfered to AAO? in that case where was this case sitting all along since Oct 2007

Current Status: Appeal/Motion/Certification sent to Administrative Appeals Office for review.

On January 31, 2008, we sent this case to the Administrative Appeals Office for review. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

When ever u file any appeal via I290B it is still reviewed by the Service Center to see if your submissions make some sense to review their own decision and then if they think they are fine . Service center forwards it AAO. The time difference may depend on the issues involved ans submissions made and absence (vacation, sick etc)of the Agent who issued the decision. In My case I filed the Appeal on 10/4/2003 and it was forwarded to AAO on 2/14/2004. So normal procedure.

Change in Status

Change in Status,

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office.

Does this mean the case is with the AAO? or sent back to USCIS ?

All Gurus

I saw the following update on my 290B & 140, can any one tell me what does it mean? Does it mean the case has been transfered to AAO? in that case where was this case sitting all along since Oct 2007

Current Status: Appeal/Motion/Certification sent to Administrative Appeals Office for review.

On January 31, 2008, we sent this case to the Administrative Appeals Office for review. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

Same isssue here

Hi,
Even i am on the same boat.After submitting my Appeal in Sep 2007 the LUD changed saying that my case has been sent to AAO and would let me know when they make a decision.Within two days the LUD again changed and i see the same message.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office.

I called USCIS and they said they are not able to find out which office it has been transferred to since the message doesnt say which office it is in.

I called AAO and they said that the case is still pending at their office and it would take a min of 14 months to make a decision on this case.

I am confused.

Change in Status,

Does this mean the case is with the AAO? or sent back to USCIS ?

I think AAO / USCIS has updated their system messages either by mistake or not in accordance to what is actually going with the case. this is misleading. I think the status should say "Case Pending with AAO"

You can actually call the AAO in Washington and ask what was done in your case. Some time the lady their is kind enough to let u know. phone # 2022721212 u should have your A# or LIN# ready.

I'm in a similar situaton to most of you with a pending I140 appeal. I called the lady at the desk and she said that the office does not answer inquiries by the applicant. They will answer only the lawyer or the Company representative.

6 years and 3 months are starting to take a toll on me with no end in sight. :(

Really happy to your approval.

how they accepted.please can yu explain and let me know

Today 1/31/07 I485 including those of dependents filed earlier has been reopened so in about 36 days after the AAO decision and within 5 days of approval of I140.

Bunny01,

I am also in the same sitution. My appeal was filed in October 2005. However my 140 was denied for the same reason.

well, my case was sent to AAO almost 2 yrs back but no response yet! any ideas please???

Last edited by a moderator:
AAO Processing time

Hello Friends,

Do you know what is the processing time for the recently filed appeal cases (140 EB3)?

I can see that the old cases are still taking longer time. But I heard that now a days it takes 10 months for processing

I filed an appeal which got transferred to AAO on 3/15/.

Thanks.

I-140 Denied, I-290B filed and it's send to AAO

Hi Guys,

As i said earlier my I-140 was denied for the reason below

I have US masters and 4+years of US job experience and My I-140 was filed in EB2 using a Substitution labor which as the education/experience requirements of (14) Masters+1years experience or (15) Bachelors + 3Years Experience and it was denied without RFE saying the Labor certification used is not suitable for EB2 as they say EB2 labor should be requiring "Masters or BS+5Years Exp", which makes sense.

My Attorney filed an MTR (I290B) on 03/11/2008 and requested the USCIS NSC center to re-consider my case as EB-3 instead as EB2.

Today 03/21/08 i just got an update from USCIS saying:

On March 21, 2008, we sent this case to the Administrative Appeals Office for review. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

1- So now what are the chances of my I-140 getting approved and how many days does the AAO take to make any decision on this?

2- And for my 485/EAD/AP/FP i did not get any message saying that they are denied and my wife is still working on her EAD on advice of the attorney and as the I-140 is with AAO can she still continue the same job until the decision is made on the I-140 and 485.

Please help me out and advice on what should i be doing at this point and what are my options on this.

Thank you all for your advices and help.

Hi Guys,

As i said earlier my I-140 was denied for the reason below

I have US masters and 4+years of US job experience and My I-140 was filed in EB2 using a Substitution labor which as the education/experience requirements of (14) Masters+1years experience or (15) Bachelors + 3Years Experience and it was denied without RFE saying the Labor certification used is not suitable for EB2 as they say EB2 labor should be requiring "Masters or BS+5Years Exp", which makes sense.

My Attorney filed an MTR (I290B) on 03/11/2008 and requested the USCIS NSC center to re-consider my case as EB-3 instead as EB2.

Today 03/21/08 i just got an update from USCIS saying:

On March 21, 2008, we sent this case to the Administrative Appeals Office for review. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

1- So now what are the chances of my I-140 getting approved and how many days does the AAO take to make any decision on this?

IMo, there are chances of approval, but no one can predict. It takes about 14 months (the answer is in the post right above yours).
2- And for my 485/EAD/AP/FP i did not get any message saying that they are denied and my wife is still working on her EAD on advice of the attorney and as the I-140 is with AAO can she still continue the same job until the decision is made on the I-140 and 485.

Please help me out and advice on what should i be doing at this point and what are my options on this.

Thank you all for your advices and help.

IMO, once 140 is denied, all dependent applications are also denid, does not mater if you received the denial notice or not. She should stop working on EAD. There are definitely different opinions on this, this is just what I think. BTW, the online message does not update for denial.