Tracker for appeals/MTR

kapsy30 said:
Sonupv/gcman ,
What are your PD? Can you share more infor about your case as PD and when did it got denied and apppeal and status ..

Thanks

Mine is an EB2 case, California Service Center.

PD was 05/2005. I 140 was applied in the end of 08/2005, and I received an RFE on I 140 to provide evidence for "Abillity to Pay" in 11/2005. I 140 got denied in 12/2005 and the appeal was filed in 12/2005 also.

Case was transferred to AAO in the 02/2006 and I got a positive decision from AAO a couple of days ago (08/2006).

While the appeal was with AAO no LUD happened till 07/2006 and then it started to change almost every week. The last LUD was on 08/12/2006. Only the dates changed. The messages in the online status check have remained the same since 02/2006.

Approved!!!

Just received an email from my lawyer that my appeal was approved. I haven't seen the detailed letter yet. The LUD and messages also still didn't change. Thank you for all the support these days. Best luck to all of you. :)

snowyday said:
Thanks, sonupv. Did your lawyer tell you when can you get the official I140 approval letter after the approval of appeal?

He said it could take 4-8 weeks. But I guess nobody knows for sure.

If you come to know something about it, please post here.

Sonu

stillwaiiting said:
What is the SUCCESS rate from AAO? Is it worth appealing?

Education?

Ability to pay?

I had a positive experience so I would recommend it. But I think you should evaluate your case thoroughly and talk to some experts (UnitedNations etc) first. If you think the denial (like ability to pay) is based on frivolous grounds, then appeal is a good idea.

Just my two cents.

sonupv said:
Mine is an EB2 case, California Service Center.

PD was 05/2005. I 140 was applied in the end of 08/2005, and I received an RFE on I 140 to provide evidence for "Abillity to Pay" in 11/2005. I 140 got denied in 12/2005 and the appeal was filed in 12/2005 also.

Case was transferred to AAO in the 02/2006 and I got a positive decision from AAO a couple of days ago (08/2006).

While the appeal was with AAO no LUD happened till 07/2006 and then it started to change almost every week. The last LUD was on 08/12/2006. Only the dates changed. The messages in the online status check have remained the same since 02/2006.
would you mind explaining the denial decision based on , Ability to pay. i mean how big was the company and what explaination USCIS gave of denial

I also believe it's case by case. A good professional lawyer is very important in some tough situations.

sonupv said:
I had a positive experience so I would recommend it. But I think you should evaluate your case thoroughly and talk to some experts (UnitedNations etc) first. If you think the denial (like ability to pay) is based on frivolous grounds, then appeal is a good idea.

Just my two cents.

Thanks. I haven't talked to my lawyer about this yet. Will let you know if I heard something different.

sonupv said:
He said it could take 4-8 weeks. But I guess nobody knows for sure.

If you come to know something about it, please post here.

Sonu

Guys there is hope after all.
Got approval on I 140 from AAO
( appealed against inability of employer to pay)
Good luck to others. Don't lose hope.

hersher said:
Guys there is hope after all.
Got approval on I 140 from AAO
( appealed against inability of employer to pay)
Good luck to others. Don't lose hope.
Congratulations!
For benifit fo other users, please share more information about your case, like:
EB1 / 2 or 3
When the case was denied
When did you appeal
When did you receive the approval etc.

The LUD and messages of my I140 and I290B changed:
"On August 23, 2006, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals Office......"

snowyday said:
The LUD and messages of my I140 and I290B changed:
"On August 23, 2006, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals Office......"

Congrats, This means your appeal is sutained and case approved. Right?

Thanks, sbss. My lawyer received the AAO decision in mail last week. The appeal was sustained. I am still waiting for the official approval of I140 from NSC. The new message on USCIS website seems universal. I remembered marooti had a same message back in April and unfortunately his appeal was denied. It seems that this message just shows AAO had made the decision. Anyone who got this message should ask the lawyer for it. If your lawyer says he/she didn't receive it, then make him/her call AAO or call AAO yourself. Don't waste your time in waiting.

Best luck to your case. Hang on there. Good news will come.

sbss said:
Congrats, This means your appeal is sutained and case approved. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Educational Denial - Appeal

Is any one's appeal was sustained on Educational issue from AAU/Service centers. I never notice single case.

Please post if any one noticed.