Tracker for appeals/MTR

Appeal process seems being stucked. Although the AAO shows current status for EB2 cases, they are delayed again at service centers. Anyone heard anything about these cases? Please share your information if any. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
EB3 AAU Aug26'04

Hi,

Recently my file transfer back from AAO

AAU Date: August 26, 2004
File transfer back: June 6th, 2006

Message " On June 6, 2006, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals Office. If any further action is appropriate, we will notify you when it is taken.

Please let me know any one experienced this kind of situation or on this kind of situation.

Thanks,

KKT

21 months at AAO?

KKT,
Was it sitting 21 months at AAO? I thought the processing time at AAO is 17 months. Is that not true? Have you had any LUD in between. Was your case taken unusally longer time? Let me know. Have you filed a back up GC?

Thanks.

kkt_tkk said:
Hi,

Recently my file transfer back from AAO

AAU Date: August 26, 2004
File transfer back: June 6th, 2006

Message " On June 6, 2006, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals Office. If any further action is appropriate, we will notify you when it is taken.

Please let me know any one experienced this kind of situation or on this kind of situation.

Thanks,

KKT

No LUD

Hi,
No LUD in between, only LUD and message now 6/6 and 6/7.

I already taken back-up plan with new LC and I-140 , approved both in PERM process (EB3) and waiting for 485 visa numbers.
New PERM process is very detailed LC form. Our education asks in detail, like 4yr, Associate, other, combinational, combine education, etc.

Thanks,

KKT

LUD on my I140 at AAO

Guys,
I had an LUD on 6/10/2006 for my I140 which is now at AAO but no LUD on my 290B. There was no change in the status. This case was moved to AAO on June 1,2005.
Do you think something is going to happen my case sooner?? At present the normal processing time for EB3 I140 at AAO is 17 months. I have completed only 12 months. Should I hope for something soon??

Thanks.

Does AAO work on staturday??

My case got updated on 6/10 which is last saturday. Any idea why it got updated on Saturday.

Thanks.

Unitednations and gurus please help.

I got my 140 denied last week due to temporary position issues (I DO NOT belong to any of the blacklisted companies and my company has a decent record of immigration). Apparently my attorneys have filed for MTR. They suggest I file another 140 on the same labor when the appeal is pending. Can you please tell me if its correct to file it that way since its taking a long time to get any decision. What would be the best way to file the 140 now. I'm on my 7th year on H1 and can I extend my H1 now based on the pending appeal. Thanks much for your help.

gcstruggler said:
My case got updated on 6/10 which is last saturday. Any idea why it got updated on Saturday.

Thanks.

Similar thing happened to me. The LUD of my case (EB2 NIW appeal) got updated on 6/3. I will nenver believe these guy work in weekend.

Some confusing updates...

Some updates of my case, Please see my signature for the rest:

My attorney called USCIS on 5/12/06. she was told that the file is back at the USCIS as of 2/3/06 and is going to be processed now along with the rest of the I-140s.

She made another inquiry on 6/1/06, as by then it was past processing time. Here is what we get today:"Our records show the file is being reviewed by AAO. It has not been returned to our office." :confused:

She will follow up on the case because we received conflicting informations. I suggest friends on this board asking your lawyers to make inquiries if the case processing time has passed. At least, our inquiries can make them pay some attention to these long-forgotten cases.

Good luck.

Was there a status change?

On 2/3 did you have a status change that tells that your case has come back to USCIS?

The status of my case remains the same

"On June 1, 2005, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case"

If AAO denies the case will they update the status or will they send it back to USCIS to update the status? Does anybody know answer to this??

FYI. USCIS didn't update the status when they first denied my case.

Thanks.

snowyday said:
Some updates of my case, Please see my signature for the rest:

My attorney called USCIS on 5/12/06. she was told that the file is back at the USCIS as of 2/3/06 and is going to be processed now along with the rest of the I-140s.

She made another inquiry on 6/1/06, as by then it was past processing time. Here is what we get today:"Our records show the file is being reviewed by AAO. It has not been returned to our office." :confused:

She will follow up on the case because we received conflicting informations. I suggest friends on this board asking your lawyers to make inquiries if the case processing time has passed. At least, our inquiries can make them pay some attention to these long-forgotten cases.

Good luck.

gcstruggler said:
If AAO denies the case will they update the status or will they send it back to USCIS to update the status? Does anybody know answer to this??

Thanks.

A> This is what I think, not 100% sure.
AAO will not update the case status on USCIS website. AAO will send the case back to USCIS and then it is the service center that will update the case status.

B> Sure about this one.
USCIS online case status is not updated in case of a denial at the service center.

You are asking what will happens in a case where AAO denies it. I think once they send the case to USCIS service center, they will update online saying case received back from AAO and you will be informed when processing is complete. Now if this happens to be a denial from AAO, USCIS may not update it further saying the case is denied. I used to scan the cases for my date, I did see a status as 'case withdrawn', but have never seen a 'case denied' kind of online status. When my 140 and 485 were denied, there were LUDs but no message saying the case is denied.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
On 2/3, my case status says "on 2/3, we have received your case here for processing..."

Before that, my case status was "on 1/15, this case was transferred to AAO..."

When my I-140 was denied, I didn't get LUD message either.

gcstruggler said:
On 2/3 did you have a status change that tells that your case has come back to USCIS?

The status of my case remains the same

"On June 1, 2005, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case"

Thanks.

290B Status

Getting impatient now.. Case was transferred to AAO in Jan 2005..

Called USCIS and the guy told me that I should have received the decision in March 2006. Since its outside processing time, he opened an enquiry and said I will get the status update very soon..

I am without any backup plan and just want to know the status before I move back to home country..

AAO Denied I-290B

My lawyer sends my appeal case within 30 days to re-open my case, but it was written wrong name on the money order so I had to send a new money order. Now after 16 months my lawyer received letter from AAO, They denied my case because it went after 30 days. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME , WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP WHEN THEY DENY APPEAL CASE (- (IT’S FOR MY WIFE, WHO LIVES ABROAD.

kukuchaku said:
Getting impatient now.. Case was transferred to AAO in Jan 2005..

Called USCIS and the guy told me that I should have received the decision in March 2006. Since its outside processing time, he opened an enquiry and said I will get the status update very soon..

I am without any backup plan and just want to know the status before I move back to home country..

Kukuchaku:

Be patient, you should get your inquiry result within a month. Did you call them or did your employer/lawyer call them? I called them once but they refused to discuss the case with me because I am the beneficiary. They only discuss with lawyers and applicants.

snowyday

warfaze said:
My lawyer sends my appeal case within 30 days to re-open my case, but it was written wrong name on the money order so I had to send a new money order. Now after 16 months my lawyer received letter from AAO, They denied my case because it went after 30 days. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME , WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP WHEN THEY DENY APPEAL CASE (- (IT’S FOR MY WIFE, WHO LIVES ABROAD.

That's very unfortunate. What was the 290B for? If it's for I-140, I guess you can file another I-140.

LUD Change ?

There is a LUD change on my I140/I290B on 06/16/2006. The message did not change from the last one in October.

From the EricS' analysis earlier, does it mean that the appeal has been denied or is there still hope? Any answer is appreciated.

Thanks!

Substituted Labor(02/2002)
140 : Filed 07/20/2005
140 : Denied on A2P 09/02/2005
140 : Appealed 09/27/2005
140 : Moved to AAO 10/17/2005 (LUD)
I140/I290B : 06/16/2006 (LUD) - No message change
485/765/131(Self + Spouse) : Denied on 140 09/02/2005