Tracker for appeals/MTR

I read in this forum that someone has similar issue and went to the court. The lawyer argued that once 140 is approved and the person is living in the country and working for the employer, USCIS cannot revoke approved 140's unless it is fraud. I am not sure how far this is true, but I'm very positive thatsomeone wrote in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 Year Degree and I-140

The I-140 requires a SINGLE SOURCE degree. That means you cannot combine two degrees or a degree plus work experience. The 3 year degree must be evaluated as equivalent to a US bachelor's degree. These have been accepted. See http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1261051#post1261051
That evaluation was done by CCI (Career Consulting International) www.TheDegreePeople.com He had an expanded course by course evaluation plus an expert opinion letter. Call 1.800.771.4723 and ask for Sheila for a free consultation as offered on the website. Tell her you saw it here at immigration.com - she is happy to help.

Also, see http://degree.com/articles/3-year-indian-degree.html for an article about the 3 year degree and its US equivalency. A press release about it is at http://www.thedegreepeople.com/article2.html

The key to getting the application accepted is to have the degree properly evaluated and well substantiated.

140 denaid with TheDegreePeople.com eval

Hello..

Please check this 140 denaied with 3 degree evaluation from www.TheDegreePeople.com.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=184265&page=2

it's luck only. non precidential approvals

Chitra Surekha said:
The I-140 requires a SINGLE SOURCE degree. That means you cannot combine two degrees or a degree plus work experience. The 3 year degree must be evaluated as equivalent to a US bachelor's degree. These have been accepted. See http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1261051#post1261051
That evaluation was done by CCI (Career Consulting International) www.TheDegreePeople.com He had an expanded course by course evaluation plus an expert opinion letter. Call 1.800.771.4723 and ask for Sheila for a free consultation as offered on the website. Tell her you saw it here at immigration.com - she is happy to help.

Also, see http://degree.com/articles/3-year-indian-degree.html for an article about the 3 year degree and its US equivalency. A press release about it is at http://www.thedegreepeople.com/article2.html

The key to getting the application accepted is to have the degree properly evaluated and well substantiated.

Using a new evaluation when the 1st one was questioned

This is Sheila Danzig. A client pointed me to this forum. I cannot come on often so you are free to call me at 1.800.771.4723 or on my cell phone, 954.445.0107. If I am not in, please leave a message. I get back to everyone.
There are no guarantees but I have had success with a denial when the previous evaluation was a combination of work/education and from another firm.
I now only do evaluations for the 3 year degree this way:
I do the evaluation as a course by course, converting the contact hours to US credits. The contact hours for the three year degree are greater than the contact hours in the US for the 4 year degree. The resulting credits are greater than the US bachelors degree. I site Masters programs that accept the 3 year degree for admission. I site the UNESCO guidelines.
I work with the client, the lawyer and the employer to individualize each degree.
I have an expert opinion letter written in support of the evaluation. This letter also responds to all points made in the denial, if one exists. This expert letter also documents how (for example) a degree in Physics/Mathematics is equialent to a US degree in Computer Science.
I have you print and include the article at http://www.degree.com/articles/three-year-indian-degree.html
This article has been accepted for publication in Immigration Daily and Academics-India and more are coming each day.

The success is, of course, never guaruanteed. However, the only problems that my clients have reported back to me have been when the above was not followed (I used to offer it as an option - I now do it only the above way) or when the laywer sent a second evaluation that was different from mine.

If you get a denial or a request for more information I will work with you on that at no additional charge.

The costs vary to some degree as all cases are somewhat different, but a typical case is $815.00. This includes rush service and overnight mail, plus unlimited consultations with your lawyer.

Feel free to call me for some free advice. I am happy to help.

Sheila Danzig
www.TheDegreePeople.com
You can email me at
info at cci123 dot com

Change at to @ change dot to . and take out the spaces.

Latest in Tracker

************************************************** ***********************************
User ------>Appeal_Dt>Reason-->Moved2AAU Dt>EBX->Current_Status
************************************************** ***********************************
*************************** Processed cases ************************************
Devotee----> NIW----->approx ---->03/06/05->EB2->NIW->Dismissed at AAO (VSC) 9/7/5
kamma ----->08/09/04->Ability2pay>08/19/04->EB2->Dismissed in AAO on 08/16/05
jprangi---->--------->Education-->06/28/04->EB2->Dismissed in AAO on 07/03/05
kclee60 --->09/05/03->Education-->03/11/04->EB3->Dismissed in AAO on 06/21/05
seabird---->01/01/04->Education-->07/XX/04->EB2->Approved in AAU on 11/24/04
member77 -->08/xx/04->a2p-------->XX/XX/XX->EB3->Approved in AAO -on 04/XX/05

*************************** PENDING CASES ************************************
parvardigar>07/14/04->ed&Abil2pay>08/03/04->EB3->Waiting-Case transfered to AAO
bcis ------>06/22/04->education-->08/24/04->EB3->Waiting-Case transfered to AAO
kkt_tkk --->06/14/04->education-->08/24/04->EB3->Waiting-Case transfered to AAO
shaisha2--->06/15/04->Education ->10/26/04->EB3->Case transfered to AAO (VSC)
LonelyPoet->06/25/04->Edu.A2P---->08/25/04->EB3->LUD 10/3/5 in AAO (NSC)
sarwarmd--->08/06/04->A2P--- ---->10/25/04->EB3->Case transfered to AAO (VSC)
expeditegc->01/15/04->education-->06/22/05->EB2->Case transferred to AAO
findgc----->11/15/04->experience->01/28/05->EB3->Case transferred to AAO
atulh------>05/24/04->A2P-------->10/24/04->EB3->trnfrd to AAO& back2 VSC&issued RFE 8/3/5
kans19 ---->04/27/04->lack ofdocs>08/05/04->EB3->we responded2ur request
marooti --->10/12/04->education ->12/06/04->EB3->Waiting-Case transfered to AAO
saigc2004 ->06/17/04->----------->XX/XX/XX->EB3->comp financial status
gcstruggler>04/28/05->education ->06/01/05->EB3->Case transfered to AAO(NSC)
lin04 ----->10/06/04->a2p ------->XX/XX/XX->EB3->Receipt information

*************************** MTR@Service Center ************************************
lc2003 ---->11/04/04->education-->NOTMoved->EB2->Approved in Motion Jan21,05
dazzling -->11/01/04->educati---->NotMoved->EB2->Approved MTR{ VSC }
pr2003----->01/13/05->Education-->NOTMoved->EB3->Approved 03/14/05,in Motion

140 appeal vsc

A0001 said:
User ------>Appeal_Dt>Reason-->Moved2AAU Dt>EBX->Current_Status
*************************** Processed cases ************************************
Devotee----> NIW----->approx ---->03/06/05->EB2->NIW->Dismissed at AAO (VSC) 9/7/5
kamma ----->08/09/04->Ability2pay>08/19/04->EB2->Dismissed in AAO on 08/16/05
jprangi---->--------->Education-->06/28/04->EB2->Dismissed in AAO on 07/03/05
kclee60 --->09/05/03->Education-->03/11/04->EB3->Dismissed in AAO on 06/21/05
seabird---->01/01/04->Education-->07/XX/04->EB2->Approved in AAU on 11/24/04
member77 -->08/xx/04->a2p-------->XX/XX/XX->EB3->Approved in AAO -on 04/XX/05

*************************** PENDING CASES ************************************
parvardigar>07/14/04->ed&Abil2pay>08/03/04->EB3->Waiting-Case transfered to AAO
bcis ------>06/22/04->education-->08/24/04->EB3->Waiting-Case transfered to AAO
kkt_tkk --->06/14/04->education-->08/24/04->EB3->Waiting-Case transfered to AAO
shaisha2--->06/15/04->Education ->10/26/04->EB3->Case transfered to AAO (VSC)
LonelyPoet->06/25/04->Edu.A2P---->08/25/04->EB3->LUD 10/3/5 in AAO (NSC)
sarwarmd--->08/06/04->A2P--- ---->10/25/04->EB3->Case transfered to AAO (VSC)
expeditegc->01/15/04->education-->06/22/05->EB2->Case transferred to AAO
findgc----->11/15/04->experience->01/28/05->EB3->Case transferred to AAO
atulh------>05/24/04->A2P-------->10/24/04->EB3->trnfrd to AAO& back2 VSC&issued RFE 8/3/5
kans19 ---->04/27/04->lack ofdocs>08/05/04->EB3->we responded2ur request
marooti --->10/12/04->education ->12/06/04->EB3->Waiting-Case transfered to AAO
saigc2004 ->06/17/04->----------->XX/XX/XX->EB3->comp financial status
gcstruggler>04/28/05->education ->06/01/05->EB3->Case transfered to AAO(NSC)
lin04 ----->10/06/04->a2p ------->XX/XX/XX->EB3->Receipt information

*************************** MTR@Service Center ************************************
lc2003 ---->11/04/04->education-->NOTMoved->EB2->Approved in Motion Jan21,05
dazzling -->11/01/04->educati---->NotMoved->EB2->Approved MTR{ VSC }
pr2003----->01/13/05->Education-->NOTMoved->EB3->Approved 03/14/05,in Motion

Guys you can add me to this tracker. My application was from vsc
Concurrent filing -may7th 2003

Got a query in june for company financials--sent the necessary docs
My 140 was denied based on company ability to pay in 13 nov 03

hence no EAD or adv parole docs

Appealed on on nov 26 03

RD-NOV 29-03

Case was moved to AAO on apr 14th 2004 finally after long time the

Online message for my I-140 It says:

Current Status:

On June 6, 2005, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals Office. If any further action is appropriate, we will notify you when it is taken.

For my I-290B

Current Status:

On June 6, 2005, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals Office. If any further action is appropriate, we will notify you when it is taken.

what does this mean approved, denied.?.my case was moved to AAO and after 14 months it says it has been moved back to service center(vsc)..we (lawyer, employer) have not received anything in writing from AAO or service center.

I saw the case of user "atulh" which said sent back to service center and rfe..does anyone know what happend to his case?

how long do we wait before we hear anything from them
thanks

I seriously doubt if my attorney would be able to file for MTR within 30 day period. In that case, can i file for MTR on my own? If yes, what should i do.

I am planning to get atleast 2 evaluations done and resubmit.

But what is the correct way of seding them to NSC. Can somebody please advise

where are you getting evaluations?
U have to demonstrate your 3 year degree equalent to 4 year US Baccalarete degree.

is there any way for this.?

what is there in 14/15 of ETA? please specify cleary.

bunny01 said:
I seriously doubt if my attorney would be able to file for MTR within 30 day period. In that case, can i file for MTR on my own? If yes, what should i do.

bunny01 said:

In addition to what A0001 has said;
This denial is on 140, either your employer or employer's representative (lawyer) need to send the MTR/appeal. You cannot send it on your own. If you think lawyer is not going to do it, then talk to your employer. You can prepare all the paperwork yourself and then have your employer (President/CEO of the company) to sign it.

If you think you will not be able get the evalution etc. on time, there is a way to send in the MTR/appeal and then mention in the text that a brief will follow. Then you send in the actual evaluation.

This link has all the information on how to prepare and where to send your application.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/aboutus.htm

Let us know if you have more questions.

3 Year Evaluation

Hi, This is Sheila Danzig with CCI, www.TheDegreePeople.com

Regardless of who you used make sure that you know in advance how the evaluation will look and that the two evaluations are identical in details.

When I do the evaluation for the 3-year degree I also bring in an expert to write an expert opinion letter. This is superious to a second evaluation. (I can get an additional evaluation as well). If two evaluations are not identical in details it may lead to trouble.

I have found that that my evaluation + the expert opinion letter + a copy of the article at http://www.degree.com/articles/three-year-indian-degree.html has worked in the past, for immigration, employment and university graduate school admission. I include 3-day rush service on my packages, plus overnight mail and consultations with your lawyer. It is all included in the cost.

Regardless of who you use, everyone must be on the same page.

If you want to some free - no obligation - advice, feel free to call me at 1.800.771.4723, 954.445.0107 (cell). Leave a message and I will get back to you.

Sheila Danzig

bunny01 said:

gcconfusion said:
Guys you can add me to this tracker. My application was from vsc
Concurrent filing -may7th 2003

Got a query in june for company financials--sent the necessary docs
My 140 was denied based on company ability to pay in 13 nov 03

hence no EAD or adv parole docs

Appealed on on nov 26 03

RD-NOV 29-03

Case was moved to AAO on apr 14th 2004 finally after long time the

Online message for my I-140 It says:

Current Status:

For my I-290B

Current Status:

what does this mean approved, denied.?.my case was moved to AAO and after 14 months it says it has been moved back to service center(vsc)..we (lawyer, employer) have not received anything in writing from AAO or service center.

I saw the case of user "atulh" which said sent back to service center and rfe..does anyone know what happend to his case?

how long do we wait before we hear anything from them
thanks
====
Hi gcconfusion,

Nothing happened. I ahve changed my employer and hence my previous employer has not responded to the RFE. Thsi case ahs been dropped and now since it is past the grace period in which one needs to respond back to the rfe, I beleive the cneter would ahve closed this case.

Good Luck !!!

140 transferred back to vsc from aao

thanks atulh. one question : after how long did you get the rfe after your case was moved back to vsc? in my case it just says it has been sent back to vsc...how long shud i wait to hear something from vsc.

good luck to u too.

gcconfusion said:
thanks atulh. one question : after how long did you get the rfe after your case was moved back to vsc? in my case it just says it has been sent back to vsc...how long shud i wait to hear something from vsc.

good luck to u too.
========

Hi,

My case was transferred to VSC I beleive in July'05 and received a RFE in Aug'05, I think about 30 days

Wish you all the Best

Guys,

I will be filing my MTR/Appeal today. How do i track my case? will it be the same old 140 LIN no# or will i be issued a new LIN no# because i will be filing 290b form?

Please advise. btw, got my edu. eval from Sheila danzig and appealing. I hope for a miracle to happen in my case.

Tracking the case

bunny01,
Your 140 will have the same number
You will get a new LIN number for 290B. Track both.

Best of Luck.

bunny01 said:
Guys,

I will be filing my MTR/Appeal today. How do i track my case? will it be the same old 140 LIN no# or will i be issued a new LIN no# because i will be filing 290b form?

Please advise. btw, got my edu. eval from Sheila danzig and appealing. I hope for a miracle to happen in my case.

who is winner(s) in AAU?
following cases moved on same day.........08/25/04

LonelyPoet ....LUD 10/3/5 in AAO (NSC)
bcis
kkt_tkk

AAO sends my case back to VSC...:)

Dear All,
Here is my AAO case returned to VSC:
I140 denial Feb2005
Appeal_Dt> April2005
Reason--> Ability2pay
Moved2AAU Dt> May2005
EBX-> EB2
Current_Status> petition is remanded to VSC for further action in accordance the observations of AAO.

Online status message remained unchanged but LUD changed to 10/10/05. (similar to that of Lonelypoet's !! )

However,Attorney received AAOs letter on 10/16/05.

Hi,

what is the matter in AAU letter which was received to ur Attorney.
Usually AAU recomond either dismiss or success.

Thanks,

GoWind said:
Dear All,
Here is my AAO case returned to VSC:
I140 denial Feb2005
Appeal_Dt> April2005
Reason--> Ability2pay
Moved2AAU Dt> May2005
EBX-> EB2
Current_Status> petition is remanded to VSC for further action in accordance the observations of AAO.

Online status message remained unchanged but LUD changed to 10/10/05. (similar to that of Lonelypoet's !! )

However,Attorney received AAOs letter on 10/16/05.

AAO's letter says that the decision of USCIS (director) is withdrawn. rather worded strongly...pointed out many other factual errors...

Counsel notes that the director failed to issue the RFE for denial and erred in denying petition...and so on...

Appears ,the case is decided in my favour.

Yap...No doubt in that..........You are the winner.........

Congrats.............

GoWind said:
AAO's letter says that the decision of USCIS (director) is withdrawn. rather worded strongly...pointed out many other factual errors...

Counsel notes that the director failed to issue the RFE for denial and erred in denying petition...and so on...

Appears ,the case is decided in my favour.[/QUO