Tracker for appeals/MTR

gnaga said:
As I said in my previous message, all our I-485's have been denied on the day they denied the I-140 (under ability to pay clause).

After filing MTR, they re-opened mine and my daughter's I-485 and approved. Looks like they didn't re-open my wife's case. It is still under denial status.

She doesn't have any negative backout. Her Fingerprints also approved by FBI.

Hope I answered your question.

It is strange. If MTR is denied, your wife's case is supposed to be sent to AAO.
Did her LUD change when it was denied?
You have to get the reason of denial.

Last edited by a moderator:
BRFA said:
It is strange. If MTR is denied, your wife's case is supposed to send to AAO.
Did her LUD change when it was denied?
You have to get the reason of denial.

They accepted the MTR and approved my I-485 and my daughter's I-485. Looks like they didn't open my wife's I-485.

gnaga said:
They accepted the MTR and approved my I-485 and my daughter's I-485. Looks like they didn't open my wife's I-485.

It seems that USCIS forgot to open your wife's case.
You should ask your lawyer to expediate procedure.

my case was denied due to edu issue , how many days will it take to get an recipt i just filed my appeal?

AAU takes morethan a year

Hi,
If case transfer to AAU, they will take more than a year to take decisssion.Better to make alternative plan, apply second albor, etc.

Good luck

On Educational Issue-Law suit

Hi,

I talked with my attorney regarding Educational issues(Combined degree equivalent).He told that, went for law-suit against NSC/AAU deniel cases with him.Final hearing was held on March17th,2005, so waiting for the judgement.

Thanks,
KKT

Educational issue law-suit

Hi Tech70,

My attorney have immigration applicants, I-140 denied cases related to educational issues. Some of applicants have combined degrees(3+1 or 3+2 years of education). And the evaluations saying combined degrees(Not work experience) equivalent to US Bachelors degree.

For these kind of denied cases, he went for a lawsuit in the Supreme court. Court hearing was completed around March 17th 2005, waiting for the judgement. Attorney saying we don't know when will be the judgement comes, it may take 6months, 1-2 years like that.

I contacted AAO through the attorney. Check with your attorney they will sure know how to check the status with AAO.

I140 denail

I am new to this forum. My I140 got denied recently 3/31/2005 for education reasons.
- I have 2 degrees B.Sc Math (3 year) and B.Tech Electronics ( 3 years).
- Labor ETA750 says BS Science or Engineering or Technology or
Electronics. ( Equivalent is not mentioned)
- The orginal evaluation evaluated B.Sc + B.Tech = B.S electronics and Mathematics.
- INS denied for 2 reasons
(I) I don't have B.S
(II) I don't have B.S equivalent since we cannot combine 2 smaller
degrees to evaluate to a bigger degree.
- Filed MTR(Appeal) 4/25/2005 with another avaluation done from different evaluator (Turstforte)
- The new evaluation says B.Tech Electronics = B.S Electronics

The questions that I have
1) What arethe chances that the case will be approved?
2) How long do you think it will take for them to take a decision on this case?

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
gcstruggler
I140 RD-11/24/2003 (NSC)
Denail date- 03/31/2005

Status on my Appeal

status on my Appeal.
On May 11, 2005, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case.
How long will it take AAO to open my case? It really sucks!

gcstruggler said:
I am new to this forum. My I140 got denied recently 3/31/2005 for education reasons.
- I have 2 degrees B.Sc Math (3 year) and B.Tech Electronics ( 3 years).
- Labor ETA750 says BS Science or Engineering or Technology or
Electronics. ( Equivalent is not mentioned)
- The orginal evaluation evaluated B.Sc + B.Tech = B.S electronics and Mathematics.
- INS denied for 2 reasons
(I) I don't have B.S
(II) I don't have B.S equivalent since we cannot combine 2 smaller
degrees to evaluate to a bigger degree.
- Filed MTR(Appeal) 4/25/2005 with another avaluation done from different evaluator (Turstforte)
- The new evaluation says B.Tech Electronics = B.S Electronics

The questions that I have
1) What arethe chances that the case will be approved?
2) How long do you think it will take for them to take a decision on this case?

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
gcstruggler
I140 RD-11/24/2003 (NSC)
Denail date- 03/31/2005

Hi GCStruggler,
Is there any update on your case please? Please letus know.
Thanks
KK

MTR has been filed. The status says the following

Your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received on April 28, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I will let you know if the status gets updated.

Do you know anybody similar to my situation got approved?

Thanks.
gcstruggler

gcstruggler said:

Your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received on April 28, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Thanks.
gcstruggler
Hi GC,
I really dont know anyone got approvals/Denials. But I am in the same situation like yours. I have 3 year electronics engineering degree (after 3 year diploma). My educational evaluation has been done based on single source. No combinations. My ETA says BS or Foreign Equivalent. Now I am expecting an RFE and worried too. Sorry I could not give you much info rathere getting more info. Good luck to you, me and all.
Thanks
KK

Takes a long time

gcstruggler said:

Thanks.
gcstruggler
Regarding the time duration for an appeal, it takes a long time and more than what is specified. My first GC's appeal is pending since last August-2004..
Good luck!

gcstruggler said:

Thanks.
gcstruggler

MY Appeal is exactly the same date as yours Apr 28 th no response.is yours vermount center.
did any one who filed in march get a reply ?

pl. clarify

are you folks referring to processing time for MTR - is it same as MOTIC (motion to re-open before the commissioner) or is it something else?

thanks.

Friends,

Please suggest me:

For EB3 I140 -
Labor says: BS in computer science or equivalent required. If I show I have MS in computer science(Before the priority date) will it be okay?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: