TRACKER: Fairfax/VA/DC - Alexandria Court Oath ceremony - pending Oath letter

zulu156

I too am in the same boat waiting for the Oath letter (Roanoke, VA). Have reached out to the Senator Office and requested the Customer Service to open a service request regarding my case. Still waiting.........

That"s it

I'm done.

Went to the oath ceremony yesterday in Alexandria. There were 67 people there, all with name change. The process was pretty smooth. UNLESS..you got any tickets after interview. So guys please bring your proof of payment. No matter what you explain to the officer, they need proof of payment. Otherwise, you WOULDN'T be allowed to attend. And it will suck b/c you were so close. And you won't be wasting anyone time holding up the line.

The ceremony ends at 11.30 am. Very emotional. Very proud.

Good luck to all of you. and Thank you everyone for support and information.

See you on the other side.

zulu156

I too am in the same boat waiting for the Oath letter (Roanoke, VA). Have reached out to the Senator Office and requested the Customer Service to open a service request regarding my case. Still waiting.........

yes we are in the same boat heading to the same destination. i am also in Roanoke,VA and hoping that i will hear from them soon. it is taking them too long.

That"s it

I'm done.

Went to the oath ceremony yesterday in Alexandria. There were 67 people there, all with name change. The process was pretty smooth. UNLESS..you got any tickets after interview. So guys please bring your proof of payment. No matter what you explain to the officer, they need proof of payment. Otherwise, you WOULDN'T be allowed to attend. And it will suck b/c you were so close. And you won't be wasting anyone time holding up the line.

The ceremony ends at 11.30 am. Very emotional. Very proud.

Good luck to all of you. and Thank you everyone for support and information.

See you on the other side.

Congrats and i am very happy for you. its a long journey to the other side, i look forward to joining you soon.
God bless and long live USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, i called the 1800-number and made a service request. it had been 210days for me since my interview. i am hoping this request will lead to the Oath ceremony in August or September.
Any one use the service request and got a response?

zulu156

there is no Oath Ceremony scheduled at Roanoke in August. So will have to wait till September.

rajuchetla

Oath letter

Finally I got oath letter after waiting for six months. My interview was jan 4th and it was name change case.

Finally I got oath letter after waiting for six months. My interview was jan 4th and it was name change case.

Congrats,i am happy for you. one more step than you are done with this process. may i ask which part of VA are you and where will your Ceremony be at?

Whoa! so it is now taking more than 6 months - from interview date to Oath date for name change cases!

I am glad I opted out of name change at the interview and now I am doing it separately through the court.

Not sure if I have done the right thing.

Any idea?

At last I received my oath letter few days back. The oath ceremony is scheduled for August 19th at Alexandria court house. It's been more than 8 months since I passed the interview. Thanks to this forum which always gave me the hope, guidance and suggesting me to write a letter to a Senator. Thank to all who updated the status frequently.

Thanks
09hopeful

8/20/2009 N-400 Notice Date
11/6/2009 Interview at FairFax (Passed)
8/19/2010 Oath date

Last week when I called the Customer Service they told that my Oath is scheduled at Roanoke, VA on September 17th and a letter for the same was issued on 8/3. Still awaiting the letter. Does it usually take that long or should I get infopass. From the forums it seems like the letter is usually received about 3 weeks in advance. After 90 days of intreview I opened an SR, approached Senetors office and Sent letter to ombudsman.

i am waiting on my Oats letter too. i open SR about 3wks ago. i was told to call back after 30days. i hope i will be schedule for Sept 17th too. it has been too long for me.
rajuchetla, you have a month before the Oat Ceremony maybe you will get it in a week or two

Hi All,

Great News!

My wife received the Fairfax VA Court oath letter (for Name change) with in 13 days after the Interview Date & application was approved. Today we received it. Oath date is 16 Sep 2010. This really a surprising to me, becuase Fairfax-VA applicants had so many issues.

Good luck to every body.

Thanks,

rajuchetla, did you take your Oats today. where you one of luck one in finishing your journey today? i still haven't receive my Oats Letter yet

rajuchetla, did you take your Oats today. where you one of luck one in finishing your journey today? i still haven't receive my Oats Letter yet

Shaka Zulu,

You meant oath letter right? USCIS is too stingy to send people oats meal letters. Raju and his wife are celebrating in North Carolina her citizenship accomplishment, like their honeymoon...lol!!!

I wonder how "cowfacepose" is doing! I am sure he came across a "camelfacepose" woman...

Well i am happy for them. i don't know why my Oat ceremony letter has not arrived yet. i reached out to the Senator Office, open Service Requests.the Senator's office was able to fine out that my background came back fine and there was no issues. its has been more than a year since i started this process. i am frustrated(but patience is a virtue..right).

. i am frustrated(but patience is a virtue..right).

Absolutely NOT!!! Patience is a curse when dealing with USCIS. Experience has thought us that waiting for a year for a simple issue to be resolved with USCIS can easily turn into a 3 year escapades. I would strongly advise you to write an inquiry letter every month to USCIS office in fairfax, va. If I were you, I will drive to the DO off Dunn Loring Metro, find a nearest post office there and mail the letter, to make sure they receive the same day... This usually force IO to review the letter and check the status of your case, and eventually an oath will be scheduled. Do you live in VA or DC?